FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Happy Sunday Pops and friends! We had storms blow through yesterday evening and I lost power. I had to live like a pilgrim! I thought well, the power's off I might as well... flips a light switch and sighs. If I can't do that, then I might as well.... flips another light switch and groans. Ok, then at least I can... no I can't. I'll fix something to eat, hello electric stove. I went to bed. Last night was terrible! I lay there with the window open when I heard my neighbors dryer going. I have the power!
Morning Pops, and morning everyone else who visits.

I've realized that Sundays are the week's Autumn. It feels pretty good, but it's hard to really enjoy it, because you know Winter is just around the corner.............or maybe that's just me.

Whatever. Happy Sunday everyone!
I started to disagree with you as Monday is Autumn and Sunday is the last fresh taste of Spring, but you're right. Sunday is the Autumn of the week. When Carrie Underwood sings "been waiting all day for Sunday night" my mind is arguing with her the whole time. No, I'm not waiting for the weekend to end! After last Sunday night's game, I'm thinking about putting myself on a football diet.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops. Afternoon Fellas and good afternoon to all who stopped in earlier and any who may still drop by.

So, got up at 4 AM last night to get over to the Balloon Fiesta. It's a big thing here but let me just tell you, it was crazy. Had VIP Passes, Parking, the whole nine yards and we never were even able to get to the field. I watched the Balloons go up while still waiting in traffic. I have no idea what the problem was this year but it was awful. Anyway, that didn't really work out as planned.

So we are smoking the brisket we didn't smoke last weekend. Stayed up till two last night making sure it was squared away, got up early this morning to make sure we were still good to go. Bottom line, I think it turned out great. ABQJr. and my Daughter-in-Law and, of course, the Grandson are headed over to watch the game. Win or lose, it will be a good afternoon!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW and John, I hope you are all enjoying your Sunday.

Everybody, please have a great day, win or lose tonight!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. Wow! Cowboys played a great game last night. I went there half way expecting to be disappointed, but came away elated. I hate that the Commanders are in 1st place but I'll give them credit for beating Carolina when we couldn't. Have a great Victory Monday everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and fellow Mudville revelers for there is indeed joy today for ole Casey homered. So now we get to wonder which team will show up and were they really that good or was JAX that bad? So far they are the bust of the season and looked totally lost on Beasley, do they not watch film? He's our best receiver and replaced Witten as Dak's Binky.

Anyway, enjoy the win and the week and this is special to me. I always get a little extra nuts when we play the Skins, I am old skool about the rivalry. Get giddy for the Giants and Eagles but the Skins are still the #1 for me. Too much history with George Allen, Theismann, Talbert, Riggins and the camo game, I always check the schedule for those two games and a late Sunday one and TDay are perfect.

Late Sunday games against the Skins with Madden and Summerall were everything right about football for me. I really wish it would return to what it once was because it did not get any better than that for me. Them in 1st is a good start.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all who decide to stop in today.

Monday, Monday, Monday! Feels pretty good after yesterday right? Was actually a really good Football weekend, for me. Horns won, Cowboys won, that's pretty good for me. I am waiting for the other shoe to fall here but I'll take what I can get for as long as it last!

I hope everybody had a great weekend. It's officially Commanders Week so lets get on with it!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW and John, hope you are all off to a great start of the week.

Everybody, it's REDSKINZ WEEK!

Xelda

Reaction score
Gosh! If I'd known I was going to be offered a free piano today, I would have been more excited to get out of bed. Thank you for making my day, Runny!

Good afternoon Pops and friends. Did you hear I was offered a free piano and we won yesterday! Life is sweeter after my night as a pilgrim. I do enjoy electricity. The weather is around 70 degrees which is nice too. Hey ABQ, is that the balloon festival in New Mexico? Momma took her first vacation after daddy died to one out there. She drove all the way across Texas! I drove across Texas once and swear when my life flashes before my eyes, that I will see vast expanses of Texas. Anyway, everyone be safe and have a great day. The Cowboys are checking our weapons to face our main rival this week. Oh, and we wore the Panthers down for them.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Cowboys fans. This cough is really lingering so I guess I'm going to have to make an appointment with the Doc. Y'all have a great day.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and friends from the rainy cold region of central Texas. I got an alert this am that a barge was loose on Lake LBJ and headed for the dam so this will be a most interesting day.

These rains have been very damaging. Llano sits on the Llano river and was one of the first areas down here to get into wine making. The normal flow is 166 cubic feet per second. Last week, it crested at 24 feet and the flow was in excess of 98,000 cfs,

It rained almost every day in September and now has returned with another 8 days of forecast rain with flash flood warnings going off daily. In the area where I live, in late August we were on Stage 1 of water conservation. Then the sky opened up.

Boy oh boy, it could be so much worse if this climate change were real and not some hoax cooked up by a bunch of nerds.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Gosh! If I'd known I was going to be offered a free piano today, I would have been more excited to get out of bed. Thank you for making my day, Runny!

Good afternoon Pops and friends. Did you hear I was offered a free piano and we won yesterday! Life is sweeter after my night as a pilgrim. I do enjoy electricity. The weather is around 70 degrees which is nice too. Hey ABQ, is that the balloon festival in New Mexico? Momma took her first vacation after daddy died to one out there. She drove all the way across Texas! I drove across Texas once and swear when my life flashes before my eyes, that I will see vast expanses of Texas. Anyway, everyone be safe and have a great day. The Cowboys are checking our weapons to face our main rival this week. Oh, and we wore the Panthers down for them.

Hey Xelda,

Yeah, it's the one here in Albuquerque. They actually have one that is a bit smaller in Gallup as well but the one in Albuquerque is much, much bigger. I think there were over 600 balloons last year and this year, though I haven't seen the official numbers yet, was probably bigger. Having said all of this, I actually like the one at Red Rock better. It's probably only 200 Balloons or so but yeah, they launch against the cliff sides (IE, Red Rock) and it's really beautiful when the Sun is coming up and it reflects off the cliff sides. Smaller, better setting, no traffic issues etc. They are both cool but I actually like Red Rock myself.

Have a great day Xelda!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who stop in to check out the thread today.

Leon, good look with that cough Brother.

Jobs, good luck with your procedure Brother.

Coach, just plain good luck Brother!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW and John, be great today! I know life gets kinda going and it gets hard to sometimes make time but I'm telling you guys, this thread makes it easier, better even. Don't cheat yourself out of that.

Everybody, have a great, great day!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Update, they're now evacuating all of the homes on the water around me. The Llano is flowing into the Colorado which forms lake LBJ and Travis. LBJ is a constant level lake but the River Authority has no where to send the water without creating problems for Marble Falls and downstream. The rain is slacking off so maybe we catch a break here but that water coming in from Llano is still a problem. Last week the flooding Llano cost lives and a lot of property loss and it's back at it with more rain to come over the next week.

What complicates this is that this is a retirement/vacation area so some of the homes are not occupied this time of the season but they've got to take into consideration the age of some of the folks that live here full time. They're going to err on the side of caution, as they should.

Being the philanthropist that I am, I have offered to open my home to rich widows with big dowries and poor memories. Bonus if they have any bartending experience.