FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops and anyone who posts in here today. I got a nice surprise delivery yesterday. The Cowboys sent me a box of merchandise as a reward for being a club seat season ticket holder. It contained T-shirts for me and my wife, quarter zip sweat shirts for each of us, a 6' X 6' satin Cowboys blanket with furry lining on the back and a Yeti beer coozie with the blue star on it. I remember getting an e-mail from them before the 2017season started asking for shirt sizes, but I had forgot all about it. It's not a piano but it's not bad.

ABQ, Those pics are awesome! Have a great day, Y'all.

Thank you Leon but I can't really take a lot of credit for those shots. They are stock pics so I just went online and found a couple of shots that kinda illustrated the difference in each setting. However, I will say this, the pics don't really do either one justice. Something about getting out there early in the morning, the cold air, the hot coffee and the breakfast burritos, it's just really cool. I remember when I was young, this was just a local thing, pretty much. You could show up at the Balloon Field and get onto a Balloon Crew just like that. Ballooners always needed help with the chase crew and there was never any money so people just volunteered and it was kind of a "learn as you go" kinda thing. At the end of the day, you might get Breakfast/Lunch out of it. That's kind of where the Balloon Patches came in. If you crewed for somebody, the Ballooners would have patches for you and you would sow them onto a Jacket. That's kind of how the Ballooners knew who had experience or not. You would show up with your patches and get on crews and that's how everybody knew the level of experience. So you got a few guys with patches and a few new guys to get shown the ropes and you rolled. Of course, today it's all different. Doesn't work like that anymore but that's OK. It's the memories that I really enjoy I guess.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who might decide to stop in and just take a sec to check stuff out.

Lots of stuff going on today so I'll be brief and get back to it.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW and John, be well my Friends.

Everybody, have a really great day!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That like I gave you for this post was just a courtesy like.....Just sayin'. :D

You know, my Wife kinda said something like that to me after our first date (get your mind out of the gutter!). She told me she gave me that kiss good night just because she felt sorry for me. All these years later, she's still here......

Now, you may be thinking, what's the moral of the story here? Well, let me break it down for you. Been married now for a long time and still married. I don't want you thinking that just because you kinda said something similar to what my Wife told me, means I'm gonna go out on any dates with you RWB.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good afternoon Pops and fellow pirates in need of rum.

So, I'm talking to Chief of Police this morning and we started laughing and couldn't stop. He told me their phone lines have been extra busy and the most asked question when people call is "have you seen my boat"? I don't know why that hit me so funny but I lost it and it got him going too and he had a much needed release from what they've been going through. I told him I might have a t shirt made up with that on it and we lost it again. I told him I was thinking of another with "Does constant level mean all the time"?

The lake police are the only ones allowed on the lakes, all of them are closed tfn, and they've been finding boats and pwc's on the banks, in yards, on campgrounds and there was a pic released by one of the TV stations of a pontoon boat on top of the sun deck of a boat house. That's one of those pics that makes you stop and think 'how in the hell'?

They've got the floodgates open again and expecting more rain tonight through Saturday. I spoke with my folks at the marina that reopened and that was a rumor about them losing boats, they didn't lose one but there are many floating upside down by the dam.

And from CC's Cynical Cove viewpoint, it didn't take long for the fatcats here to get their lawyers into the game. They're already lining up to file suits against the Lower Colorado River Authority for allowing Lake LBJ and Horseshoe Bay, that's where the fatcats are, to rise and cause all of this damage. Going to be interesting since I am sure that term "constant level" has an "act of God" clause in it.

Ya know, it's times like these that make you appreciate just a good ole boring day. Monday was just like any other day...until Tuesday.

Xelda

Reaction score
I caught the Weather Channel again. They're torn between Florida and Texas with a side of cold weather. I saw some of those boats and they were beauties! I was thinking it's time for Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews with the tiny shampoo bottles, Flo, that turd Mayhem, the seen it covered it guy,the gecko and Liberty, Liberty, Liberty to Liberty pay up.

I can't wait for the next comedy starring @CouchCoach in Dude, Where's My Boat

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I caught the Weather Channel again. They're torn between Florida and Texas with a side of cold weather. I saw some of those boats and they were beauties! I was thinking it's time for Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews with the tiny shampoo bottles, Flo, that turd Mayhem, the seen it covered it guy,the gecko and Liberty, Liberty, Liberty to Liberty pay up.

I can't wait for the next comedy starring @CouchCoach in Dude, Where's My Boat
LMAO, I'm ready. This has been an interesting experience. I went through the flood of 2007 in NTX and So OK that caused the Red River to rise to an unprecedented level and that was also a deadly flood with a 100 foot wide river running across I-35. This one is going to be different because a bunch of rich people are pissed.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals.Was supposed to play golf today but the forecast is a 100% chance of rain and predicited to be heavy. I don't know if we're experiencing El Nino but we are experiencing El Gato y Perro. Have a great day!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and fellow water logged posters. Just what we need, Leon, more rain. I watched the local news out of Austin and they're battening down the hatches with the expected rise in the water levels. The LCRA held off on the flood gates up river from Austin but don't know if that will continue with more rain the next two days and then moving back in on Monday.

Keep your powder dry, folks.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops! Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in before starting the weekend.

How are all you regulars hanging in? What do all of you guys have going this weekend. I hope it's not all work and no play.

It's Commanders Weekend so I'm way stoked, do people say that anymore? Who cares, I'm saying it and I am!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW and John, have a great weekend guys. dbrp, where you at?

Everybody, take a minute to get some time with God and ask him to help us route the Red Skins this weekend! Peace everybody!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops! Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in before starting the weekend.

How are all you regulars hanging in? What do all of you guys have going this weekend. I hope it's not all work and no play.

It's Commanders Weekend so I'm way stoked, do people say that anymore? Who cares, I'm saying it and I am!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW and John, have a great weekend guys. dbrp, where you at?

Everybody, take a minute to get some time with God and ask him to help us route the Red Skins this weekend! Peace everybody!
I'm stoked.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. Prayers are going out for everyone in the path of Mother Nature. Be safe and have a good one.