FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. It sounds like everyone is having an interesting day. Let's see... it's Tuesday which can mean pre Hump Day or probably Monday 2.0. Cheer up Runny, Wednesday is on the way.

Not to interfere with medical knowledge, but have you tried Musinex Leon?
Maybe that could jog the cough loose.
Don't forget your flu shot!

Llano knocked Michael out of the top spot on the Weather Channel, Coach. Be safe, it looks nasty there. We should receive some of that as it moves off. It's cold and rainy here.

Best wishes on the medical procedure, jobberone.

Thanks ABQ! I'm not certain which one she went to. She gave me a photograph of an inflated scarecrow, woman living in a shoe, dragon and colorful regularly shaped balloons. People in the foreground of the shot giving emphasis to the size of these balloons. I hope you enjoyed the show when you went.

Have a good day everyone, stay safe, get to feeling better and find the beauty in life God has placed before you.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Update, they're now evacuating all of the homes on the water around me. The Llano is flowing into the Colorado which forms lake LBJ and Travis. LBJ is a constant level lake but the River Authority has no where to send the water without creating problems for Marble Falls and downstream. The rain is slacking off so maybe we catch a break here but that water coming in from Llano is still a problem. Last week the flooding Llano cost lives and a lot of property loss and it's back at it with more rain to come over the next week.

What complicates this is that this is a retirement/vacation area so some of the homes are not occupied this time of the season but they've got to take into consideration the age of some of the folks that live here full time. They're going to err on the side of caution, as they should.

Being the philanthropist that I am, I have offered to open my home to rich widows with big dowries and poor memories. Bonus if they have any bartending experience.
Well I hope everyone comes out of this unharmed. Sounds like some people didn't have enough foresight when they settled there.

Xelda

Reaction score
Update, they're now evacuating all of the homes on the water around me. The Llano is flowing into the Colorado which forms lake LBJ and Travis. LBJ is a constant level lake but the River Authority has no where to send the water without creating problems for Marble Falls and downstream. The rain is slacking off so maybe we catch a break here but that water coming in from Llano is still a problem. Last week the flooding Llano cost lives and a lot of property loss and it's back at it with more rain to come over the next week.

What complicates this is that this is a retirement/vacation area so some of the homes are not occupied this time of the season but they've got to take into consideration the age of some of the folks that live here full time. They're going to err on the side of caution, as they should.

Being the philanthropist that I am, I have offered to open my home to rich widows with big dowries and poor memories. Bonus if they have any bartending experience.
We all knew you have a heart as big as Texas! Especially when it comes to helping the helpless and down trodden as long as they're rich, female and easily manipulated by a fast taking Texas playboy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I hope everyone comes out of this unharmed. Sounds like some people didn't have enough foresight when they settled there.
Well, the ones on lake LBJ aren't used to this because it's a constant level lake and they get comfortable with that and think they're immune to nature. There's just been too much rain above it and on it and the river they keep showing on the news is the Llano and that is dumping into the Colorado, the river that forms the lake where I live. And down river form me toward Austin, they've opened all 4 floodgates.

Not really a foresight issue when Mother Nature gets involved, the Llano crested at 40 after coming near the record last week at 24. I have never seen this many rain days all the years I've lived in Texas. And we've got more on the way.

This really caught a lot of people on the lake off guard. If you watch the footage, you'll see a lot of boats and pwc's just floating down the river. People are used to just pulling their pwc's up on the pads and leaving them and the river has taken them for a joyride. What is happening is unprecedented and few were prepared. I can't blame them, we all get complacent when things are just normal.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We all knew you have a heart as big as Texas! Especially when it comes to helping the helpless and down trodden as long as they're rich, female and easily manipulated by a fast taking Texas playboy.
Why Xelda, my deah, I do declare you do go on. Ole CC is just doing his part to cheer up the rich. All the poor dahlins have is money.

Maturing has caused me to adjust my perfect woman model from sultry gymnast who's Daddy owns a chain of liquor stores to mature mute rich lady that likes to nap a lot.

Xelda

Reaction score
Why Xelda, my deah, I do declare you do go on. Ole CC is just doing his part to cheer up the rich. All the poor dahlins have is money.

Maturing has caused me to adjust my perfect woman model from sultry gymnast who's Daddy owns a chain of liquor stores to mature mute rich lady that likes to nap a lot.
Well clutch the pearls! You do know how to make the fairer sex swoon. Those easily beguiled rich bitties won't see it coming. Just be kind and leave them with a smile. Also, leave before the game starts. This is to avoid interfering with their watching the Cowboys cuddle up to plan their next play.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops, ladies, gentleman, and everyone in between! It's starting to get chilly up here in the Northeast....Upper 30's to lower 40's last night. Can't wait for Summer!

Have a fantastic day, everyone!!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and sports fans. Happy hump day. I don't have much going on today so I guess I'll practice my thumb twiddeling. Thanks to all for the well wishes.

Stay safe Coach. Mother nature can be a real beotch at times.

Jobberone, I hope your procedure went well, my friend.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops and sports fans. Happy hump day. I don't have much going on today so I guess I'll practice my thumb twiddeling. Thanks to all for the well wishes.

Stay safe Coach. Mother nature can be a real beotch at times.

Jobberone, I hope your procedure went well, my friend.
Remember, ALWAYS left thumb first, then right thumb!

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Yes, and right thumb first on the reverse twiddle. I'm working on the simultaneous thumb and pinky twiddle. Got them all locked up like I was wearing chinese finger cuffs.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and friends. Yesterday was a one of a kind day that I will not soon forget and far worse than I had first thought. The destruction is overwhelming and homes that I drive by on my way into Marble Falls several times a week are covered by water on the first floor and they were up from the river at least 15 feet and two were just completed.. The houses at the end of my cul-de-sac that are on the water have boats and pwc's floating in their yards. I could only see rooftops across the river at Granite Shoals. And more rain is on the way, possibly heavy tomorrow.

The finger pointing is already starting about the Lower Colorado River Authority waiting to open the flood gates as we are wont to do when Mother Nature shows her nasty side, we need someone to blame. People need to stop and think about all of the communities along the river at risk, not just their own. This was a logistical problem for these folks and on top of that the water plants were shutting down.

One of the ironical elements to this is that the bridge in Kingsland on 2900 over the Llano that fell into the river was built to last 50 years. It was built 49 years ago.

One day, I am just thinking about what I am going to cook this weekend and the next I am thinking about so many folks in a bad way that had their lives altered, some permanently, yesterday. Just when we think we own it all, masters of our own planet, Mother Nature decides to show us who really owns it. Not content with Florida, she decided to pay Texas a little visit as a reminder. Few will soon forget her bad side.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. It's been a good week. My stove is where it is supposed to be. My dogs softly snoring around me. I'd be embarrassed to complain about the cold with Runny's temperatures, but freezing is a relative term. It's close to freezing here in the 50s.

Coach, things in your area sound terrible. I knew it was bad for the Weather Channel to stop fawning over Florida's destruction long enough to point at Texas. I saw the bridge in Kingsland get washed away. Hard to believe a bridge is only designed to last 50 years, but find the receipt and complain to the DOT. Prayers are desperately needed for the people in your area. Glady you are safe though.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and friends. Yesterday was a one of a kind day that I will not soon forget and far worse than I had first thought. The destruction is overwhelming and homes that I drive by on my way into Marble Falls several times a week are covered by water on the first floor and they were up from the river at least 15 feet and two were just completed.. The houses at the end of my cul-de-sac that are on the water have boats and pwc's floating in their yards. I could only see rooftops across the river at Granite Shoals. And more rain is on the way, possibly heavy tomorrow.

The finger pointing is already starting about the Lower Colorado River Authority waiting to open the flood gates as we are wont to do when Mother Nature shows her nasty side, we need someone to blame. People need to stop and think about all of the communities along the river at risk, not just their own. This was a logistical problem for these folks and on top of that the water plants were shutting down.

One of the ironical elements to this is that the bridge in Kingsland on 2900 over the Llano that fell into the river was built to last 50 years. It was built 49 years ago.

One day, I am just thinking about what I am going to cook this weekend and the next I am thinking about so many folks in a bad way that had their lives altered, some permanently, yesterday. Just when we think we own it all, masters of our own planet, Mother Nature decides to show us who really owns it. Not content with Florida, she decided to pay Texas a little visit as a reminder. Few will soon forget her bad side.
I'm surprised you still have power...or are you running a generator?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who have either already stopped in or might stop in later.

Hey Xelda, I couldn't tell you but I say this, you can't really get the two confused.

This is the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta:

balloon-fiesta.jpg

This is Red Rock:

121703.jpg

If it looks open or you see shots of a river, it's ABQ. If you see Rock Face and Mesa, it's Red Rock, if that helps.

Coach, that sounds like a mess, over your way. I'm sorry for all of those folks.

Leon, don't worry about that thumb stuff. As long as your Golf Grip is working, that's really all that counts.

RWB, getting down to the 30s here as well. Winter is definitely on it's way Brother.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW and John, hump day! Get over the hump!

Everybody, get over the hump and lets finish strong!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm surprised you still have power...or are you running a generator?
No power was out that I am aware of but the water plants went down. They do a good job of keeping the residents informed during an emergency, my iPhone was blowing up all day with calls and texts.

I just saw several fire trucks headed down to one of the evacuated areas. They evacuated all of the homes on the water just to the North of me in the second wave of evacuations.

I just talked to one of my neighbors and he told me that the marina where I keep my boat had a lot of destruction to some boats and the property, it sits right next to the dam above Marble Falls. He knows the owner and was told that the rapid rise of the water was unlike anything he'd ever seen and the dock was under in a matter of seconds. In this area, they're all fixed docks, floaters are not allowed and under these circumstances, that's a good thing or they'd have a lot of them floating down the river to hit the dam.

What magnifies the effect of this is that this is such a relaxed area. Even when people are not there, they leave their deck furniture out and pwc's either beached or ramped and I could see pwc's floating everywhere. Might seem a little too casual but most have never seen anything like this and the selling feature from the beginning of Horseshoe Bay and Lake LBJ getting this much money for lakefront property was constant level. Constant level will have new meaning for a lot of these people after yesterday. And constant won't mean comfortable.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and friends. It's been a good week. My stove is where it is supposed to be. My dogs softly snoring around me. I'd be embarrassed to complain about the cold with Runny's temperatures, but freezing is a relative term. It's close to freezing here in the 50s.

Coach, things in your area sound terrible. I knew it was bad for the Weather Channel to stop fawning over Florida's destruction long enough to point at Texas. I saw the bridge in Kingsland get washed away. Hard to believe a bridge is only designed to last 50 years, but find the receipt and complain to the DOT. Prayers are desperately needed for the people in your area. Glady you are safe though.
That bridge was due for a replacement inspection so they won't have to worry about that now. They are really lucky that is not a heavy traffic bridge like the other one in Kingsland over the Colorado or some folks could have gone into rive with that bridge.

Xelda, the scary thing about this is how quickly this got worse. Last week was bad enough with a crest of 24' and 4 people lost their lives but to follow that with 40' the next week was incredible. They were just digging their way out when this last crest hit 16' higher. There seemed to be this general feeling that the worst was over.

I am not sure what the River Authority could have done better but I am sure we'll hear about it. These dams are built to just handle so much through the flood gates and their concern is with what happens downstream as well. This area is prone to flash flooding but nothing like that. And the water was so high and fast it was going over the dam.

Xelda

Reaction score
Thank you for the beautiful pictures, ABQ. It's gorgeous to see those balloons reflected in the water and then flying over the canyon. The picture I have is of novelty balloons, shaped like other things.

Coach, so very sorry to hear about your community. It sounds far worse than what I got off of the Weather Channel. I can't believe Jim Canatore isn't knocking on your door to ask what's for supper. All those weather people live for this crap. One night a guy reporting a tornado got giddy. They cut to someone else, then a commercial and came back to him. You could tell someone had spoken to him as he finished up reporting with information instead of elation. When the Weather Channel people show up, you know you're in deep doo doo. My best thoughts and heart felt prayers are heading your way and to those surrounding you. Be safe and don't forget to put on an extra steak for Jim.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you for the beautiful pictures, ABQ. It's gorgeous to see those balloons reflected in the water and then flying over the canyon. The picture I have is of novelty balloons, shaped like other things.

Coach, so very sorry to hear about your community. It sounds far worse than what I got off of the Weather Channel. I can't believe Jim Canatore isn't knocking on your door to ask what's for supper. All those weather people live for this crap. One night a guy reporting a tornado got giddy. They cut to someone else, then a commercial and came back to him. You could tell someone had spoken to him as he finished up reporting with information instead of elation. When the Weather Channel people show up, you know you're in deep doo doo. My best thoughts and heart felt prayers are heading your way and to those surrounding you. Be safe and don't forget to put on an extra steak for Jim.
Yeah, I liked them better when they had that old guy with the white hair and played smooth jazz instead of Wagner and got so over the top. He was such a pleasant guy, he could have done the play by play for the end of the world and made it OK. Go to sleep now.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning Pops and anyone who posts in here today. I got a nice surprise delivery yesterday. The Cowboys sent me a box of merchandise as a reward for being a club seat season ticket holder. It contained T-shirts for me and my wife, quarter zip sweat shirts for each of us, a 6' X 6' satin Cowboys blanket with furry lining on the back and a Yeti beer coozie with the blue star on it. I remember getting an e-mail from them before the 2017season started asking for shirt sizes, but I had forgot all about it. It's not a piano but it's not bad.

ABQ, Those pics are awesome! Have a great day, Y'all.