FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all who take a sec to stop in and check out the thread.

I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving Day yesterday.

RWB, I feel your pain. I was so full yesterday that I didn't have pie either. Not only that but Three got ate without me and two went home with somebody else so now I'm down to 1 and a half. Gotta get busy!

Was a heck of a game yesterday, I enjoyed watching that and plan on sitting down here in a few and rewatching it over a cup of coffee and the other half of that pie!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW and John, have a great day everybody.

Happy Friday everyone!

Xelda

Reaction score
Happy Black Friday Pops and friends! I survived Thanksgiving!!!!! Leon, Runny and ABQ survived Thanksgiving!!!!! Everyone else needs to get in here and account for themselves so I can feel full gratitude for each of you. I was running late to get to momma's for Thanksgiving because sufficient time is required before running out the door to get home for the game. WE WON, WE WON!!! I'm not used to Amari Cooper's face in the NFL's finest apparel but after that performance, I've adopted him. The game distracts because it was sort of glorious. Back to the Thanksgiving meal: I was so full that I couldn't eat dessert either. I think this was the first time in my life because I always saved room for it. I ate an olive for everyone in this thread. I was going to anyway, but I dedicate those olives to all of you. Have a good day everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Evening Pops and those that don't know the rule. EAT PIE FIRST!!!! Can't believe what I am reading here. Now, you don't need the ice cream with the first piece, that would be gluttonous, the ice cream goes on the second serving.

Know what I had for breakfast yesterday morning and this morning? Yep, Apple Pie from the Texas famous Bluebonnet Cafe, est. 1929, with a slice of sharp cheddar melted on it. Oh, decadence be thine, I had a warm slice for dessert with Egg Nog ice cream on it and have 1 slice left and guess what I am having tonight? Yep, good guessers. All of my pies have 4 servings, 6 servings is for amateurs.

I sincerely hope you never make the mistake of saving pie for last again. If you do, please do not share that here, I don't want to think less of you.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and those that don't know the rule. EAT PIE FIRST!!!! Can't believe what I am reading here. Now, you don't need the ice cream with the first piece, that would be gluttonous, the ice cream goes on the second serving.

Know what I had for breakfast yesterday morning and this morning? Yep, Apple Pie from the Texas famous Bluebonnet Cafe, est. 1929, with a slice of sharp cheddar melted on it. Oh, decadence be thine, I had a warm slice for dessert with Egg Nog ice cream on it and have 1 slice left and guess what I am having tonight? Yep, good guessers. All of my pies have 4 servings, 6 servings is for amateurs.

I sincerely hope you never make the mistake of saving pie for last again. If you do, please do not share that here, I don't want to think less of you.

Ashamed to say... I missed the pie table completely! I'll take my lashings here for that boo boo, but do know that I will make up for it this weekend! I have another gathering with the sibs to visit our father's grave and place the grave blanket of pine branches, bows and pine cones (as we've done every year since he passed) and fully intend to meet for dessert afterward. I will get my share of holiday pie this weekend... I just have to figure out what pie that's going to be...

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Happy Black Friday Pops and friends! I survived Thanksgiving!!!!! Leon, Runny and ABQ survived Thanksgiving!!!!! Everyone else needs to get in here and account for themselves so I can feel full gratitude for each of you. I was running late to get to momma's for Thanksgiving because sufficient time is required before running out the door to get home for the game. WE WON, WE WON!!! I'm not used to Amari Cooper's face in the NFL's finest apparel but after that performance, I've adopted him. The game distracts because it was sort of glorious. Back to the Thanksgiving meal: I was so full that I couldn't eat dessert either. I think this was the first time in my life because I always saved room for it. I ate an olive for everyone in this thread. I was going to anyway, but I dedicate those olives to all of you. Have a good day everyone.
:lmao2:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You have shamed me back on to the crooked and wide path, Coach. I will never bypass desert again. I hadn't done it before, this year should be no different. Sounds like you had enough for a few of us though. Well done! That's what makes you the Grand Poobah.
You need to go out and buy a pie for tomorrow's breakfast, lunch , and dinner, you naughty girl! Just one pie is fine, I don't want you getting fat, just in case I ever have to hug you.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and friends. Welcome to the weekend. Although I suspect many people had a 4 day holiday weekend and Saturday morning only means it is half over. I had hot apple pie last night, but I like Couch's idea of putting cheddar cheese on it. I'll try that today. I'm going to go to the shooting range today for a little target practice with my AR15 and pistols. Hoping you all have a nice day.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have shamed me back on to the crooked and wide path, Coach. I will never bypass desert again. I hadn't done it before, this year should be no different. Sounds like you had enough for a few of us though. Well done! That's what makes you the Grand Poobah.
Yes, my dear, I am also the Poobah of Pies.

I hope we don't have to have this discussion again. Now go eat your PIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and those getting an extra Saturday today. I hope you were not out in the malls or a Best Buy or Walmart yesterday.

This is rival weekend for college and I watched a spectacle last night with OU-WVA, the two states that compete in the Miss Inbred Classic every year along with AR and KY. The score was 59-56 with some of the most questionable reffing against WVA I have ever witnessed and nothing remotely resembling the game I grew up loving. Score sounds exciting doesn't it? For some it was but I like football, not that poor example of it. I turned it off. I am hoping the Horns D comes to play.

However, the Apple Cup with WA-WASU was great because of the snow and WASU's band performing WA's theme music because the band couldn't make it after one of the buses flipped on the icy road. This is as hot a rivalry as there is and they do that for their rival, the one that gets all the glory? Classy, very classy. Highlight of Black Friday football.

And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Arkansas Razorbacks are done with football this season and that gets the loudest cheers. They were done with it in September but kept their fans on life support through yesterday when they lost 38-0 to Mizzou. They are officially calling this the worst AR football season in history in this HC's first year. And now he gets to recruit off that.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Wow, I never come in to this forum and didn't realize this thread was still going. Also didn't realize it's been 9 years. I was still in my 30s, My son was 6 and hadn't even started football and now he's on V.

Morning pops

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and everyone. It's a good day to watch football and not be stressed out waiting for the Cowboys to play. I tried Coach's idea and put cheddar cheese on on my apple pie last night before heating it. Mmmmmm gooood! I used to eat a fujii apple with a chunk of cheddar every afternoon and loved it, but never thought of melting in on my pie. May you all be blessed.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and everyone. It's a good day to watch football and not be stressed out waiting for the Cowboys to play. I tried Coach's idea and put cheddar cheese on on my apple pie last night before heating it. Mmmmmm gooood! I used to eat a fujii apple with a chunk of cheddar every afternoon and loved it, but never thought of melting in on my pie. May you all be blessed.

Morning Pops and everyone. A little under the weather this morning but agreed... it is a good day for some stress-free football. Expecting a nice snowfall where I am in Iowa over the course of the day (not gonna lie, soooo excited) so it's a good day to be inside and finally get to that pie I missed at Thanksgiving. Hope everyone has a great day.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops, new, old and older and friends. I'm not talking to myself today because I was going to do something BIG yesterday but only rearranged some of my cabinets. This means I've got to go left for plates and right for bowls. So disappointing. Big should be something important instead of opening cabinets and questioning my sanity. (Life in the fast lane.) Ah well, have a peaceful and enjoyable Sunday everyone.