FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who have already stopped in or who may stop in later.

I hope everybody is having a great day today. Game Day tomorrow. I don't know if I'll ever get used to Thursday Night games. Wife and girls are in Disneyland again so I'm by myself. I might just order some Pizza and go with that, haven't decided yet. Hard to cook for just one, at least for me it is. Maybe I'll go with a steak? That's always pretty good. Think I'll do that.

Just gotta get through Hump Day and then we are gold. You know what they say, "Over the Hump and through the woods to Jerry's House we go!"

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW and John, shinny side up everybody!

Everybody remember, today is National French Toast Day! That very important bit of news can not be dismissed. Go out and have yourself some French Toast!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and all y'all.

Yesterday, I spent half a day at the Specialty Clinic next to the hospital for my pre op meeting with the surgeon and getting all of the necessary lab tests and all that good stuff done and fighting the tendency to feel better about my condition seeing so many worse off but I admit it, I am weak. I use my fellow man's ailments to minimize my own and I don't feel good about doing that but I do feel better about my condition. I have always subscribed to that "it could be worse" and unfortunately that involves comparing my condition to others'.

Tomorrow it's back for the Nuclear Stress Test and I am done until the surgery on the 10th. I am looking forward to the surgery because of the level of discomfort I am in. He saw me yesterday and got me a cane and a walker and I tell ya, my hands touched that walker and I aged 20 years in a matter of seconds. He saw my reaction and told me this is only temporary, just to get you over the rough spots and you will have much less pain in less than two weeks.

And that becomes the focal point, after. Once I get this fixed, I get my head fixed because not exercising, not even able to walk, has taken it's toll on me. I always took pride when people told me I don't act or look my age but now I feel like a tired old man. And that has taken it's toll on my head. Don't like where my head is at and getting this fixed is the first step to fixing that. The best defense against depression is exercise. And I live in a great place to get outside and take walks and I am looking forward to being able to take advantage of that.

Sorry for the down appearance of this but this is where I come to share the truth. Just feeling a little "I am really as old as I am" today.

kskboys

Reaction score

Yesterday, I spent half a day at the Specialty Clinic next to the hospital for my pre op meeting with the surgeon and getting all of the necessary lab tests and all that good stuff done and fighting the tendency to feel better about my condition seeing so many worse off but I admit it, I am weak. I use my fellow man's ailments to minimize my own and I don't feel good about doing that but I do feel better about my condition. I have always subscribed to that "it could be worse" and unfortunately that involves comparing my condition to others'.

Tomorrow it's back for the Nuclear Stress Test and I am done until the surgery on the 10th. I am looking forward to the surgery because of the level of discomfort I am in. He saw me yesterday and got me a cane and a walker and I tell ya, my hands touched that walker and I aged 20 years in a matter of seconds. He saw my reaction and told me this is only temporary, just to get you over the rough spots and you will have much less pain in less than two weeks.

And that becomes the focal point, after. Once I get this fixed, I get my head fixed because not exercising, not even able to walk, has taken it's toll on me. I always took pride when people told me I don't act or look my age but now I feel like a tired old man. And that has taken it's toll on my head. Don't like where my head is at and getting this fixed is the first step to fixing that. The best defense against depression is exercise. And I live in a great place to get outside and take walks and I am looking forward to being able to take advantage of that.

Sorry for the down appearance of this but this is where I come to share the truth. Just feeling a little "I am really as old as I am" today.
We are w/ you!!!

As CC knows, my wife has had both hip and knee replacement surgury, and it has changed her world for the better in a huge way. The doctor looked us both in the eye and told us that if the replacements didn't last 30 years, he'd do replacement surgery for free.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. Holy Cow! What did you do to your wife, ksk? You should have come with a warning because she couldn't have known you were going to put so much wear and tear on her.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I'm fairly certain the pain immediately after surgery is the worst part, but the process of getting there feels just as bad and there aren't pain pills to help you cope yet. We're here for you if you want to talk about it. We're here for you if you want to put blinders on and ignore it for as long as possible. In other words, we're here for you and we care. Make sure they only cut in your bikini area so you can be ready for the beach next summer and remember the potato goes in the front.

Zordon

Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who have already stopped in or who may stop in later.

I hope everybody is having a great day today. Game Day tomorrow. I don't know if I'll ever get used to Thursday Night games. Wife and girls are in Disneyland again so I'm by myself. I might just order some Pizza and go with that, haven't decided yet. Hard to cook for just one, at least for me it is. Maybe I'll go with a steak? That's always pretty good. Think I'll do that.

Just gotta get through Hump Day and then we are gold. You know what they say, "Over the Hump and through the woods to Jerry's House we go!"

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW and John, shinny side up everybody!

Everybody remember, today is National French Toast Day! That very important bit of news can not be dismissed. Go out and have yourself some French Toast!
ABQ you live in Austin correct? If so, go get some Home Slice pizza for me.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ABQ you live in Austin correct? If so, go get some Home Slice pizza for me.

Hey Zordon, Leon is absolutely correct. I do live in Albuquerque (or at least within in sight of Albuquerque) and also, that it is good to see you posting. I've never had Home Slice Pizza in Austin but I have had it in Durango and I gotta say, you are right, it was pretty damn good!

Thanks for the hand Leon!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in and check out the thread.

You know it's funny, I can't even remember what it was like in the mornings, before this thread. So used to stopping in and just saying hello that it's just part of life now. I don't know if that's weird or not but it's definitely OK by me.

Coach, how did everything go the other day? All good news I hope.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW and John, it's game day people! Hope you are all good to go for tonights game!

Everyone, Friday is right around the corner and it's Cowboys Saints tonight! Everybody, go out and have a great day and lets put this one to bed!

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. It's game day, yikes! I hope we play well tonight in spite of the talent we're facing. They've studies us and we've studied them, so I hope our coaches feel like their job is on the line enough to make us look good.

Don't forget your pain is temporary, Coach. You are as young as you think you are regardless of this set back. Pretty soon you'll be the bionic man and ready to take on the world. We'd watch that show.

Everyone make sure no black cats cross you paths today, don't walk under ladders and no opening umbrellas inside so we might have a chance to win tonight. Have a good Thursday and better Thursday game night. GO COWBOYS!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good afternoon Pops and fine fellow forummates and matey's. Well, ole CC has gone nuclear but is not glowing yet. I do plan on putting on my pregame glow around sixish and watching the game with a mix of childlike wonder and morbid curiosity, my usual companions when glowing.

Thank you, my friends, for your concern but I came through with flying colors. The two administering the tests thought I did better than any patient they ever had.
Didn't exactly say that but I could read their thoughts with those little isotopes speeding through my body. And I did use the word "thought", not said. And the young hot PA that came in for part of it, the actual stress part of it, wanted me....badly. Why else would she want to know what kind of shape my heart is in if not for some non stop, round the clock, slow dancin' between the sheets? I can always tell the ones with that "older man fantasy", they're the best at ignoring me and acknowledging I am breathing the same air as they are. Can't fool me though. Right now, she's reading my results again and can barely keep her own heart from racing.

Xelda

Reaction score
For the auspicious occasion of slapping the Saints around tonight, I have commissioned the CouchCoachChoir to sing a victory song for us.
46734938_10156126590853721_5843522174094147584_n.jpg

Afterwards they sand a joyous song of celebration for your test results, Coach.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and fellow revelers in one of the best games played by a Cowboys D in many a year. Might have been HOF worthy if not for Gregory's withdrawal symptom mistakes. This is what happens when one goes from stoned to straight, mistakes take place. Smoke'em if ya got'em.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all, who stop in to check stuff out, on this Victory Party Friday.

Coach, glad to hear that stuff went well. Although, I'm a little concerned at how those Isotopes are figuring in to the play calling though. Do us a favor, don't sign any contracts while those little buggers are flying around. ;)

Xelda, that choir is Awesome! LOL.......

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW and John, hope you all enjoyed the game last night. Have a great day and carry that on through the weekend!

Everyone, have a great weekend!