FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good evening Pops and friends. Been real busy this past week. I had just started mowing the yard when the mower belt broke on my riding mower. It took me 3 tries until I got the right sized belt. You have to remove 7 pin clips located under the mower just to remove the mower deck. Then you slide it out to replace the belt. I had to do that more than once. Then I noticed my blades would keep turning after I hit the disengagement lever. That’s a safety issue so thanks to utube I was able to fix it but it meant having to remove the mower deck again.

Today I cleaned it up really good under the hood and out and changed the oil. It’s 15 years old and still running good, don’t know how to convert that to human years. Probably about 150 .
I also fired my pressure washer and washed 2 driveways. Once you start it’s hard to stop. The Mrs also reminded me that one of the showers still has a slow drip. I just took it apart and put it back together and it stopped leaking. Keeping my fingers crossed in that one.

Xelda, you have me craving ice cream now. Gonna check the freezer ;)

Have a great rest of the week everyone. Be blessed.
I am sooooooooooo out of touch with this post and damned near stopped reading after "mowing my yard". Then to top it off, taking the damned thing apart twice and once for just a silly little safety issue just blows my mind. Anyone that even considered approaching anything I had, supposedly, repaired would know "advance at your own risk" is the proper approach.

Remember, I am the guy that got to meet all of his neighbors and the closest firehouse after putting together a gas grill. Followed the directions, put the soapy water on all of the tubing, saw all the little bubbles and announced "well, guess I fixed that". Soap is not a sealant, CC's DIY tip o the day.

The handyman was at our house so much my younger son thought he was Dad and got him a Fathers Day card. They're still pretty close.

I was starting to envy Leon and his beach digs in the Bahamas but if this is the price he has to pay once he returns, I'll just stay where I am. I couldn't enjoy all that beach, sand and libations knowing I had to face that when I returned. That would be the Groundhog Day effect of a prisoner's last meal.

Note: I realized I was responding to RGV's post but am leaving this up here for Leon as well because I know he had some honey do's because he has a wife. My wife had a honey do list but kept it well hidden from me.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am sooooooooooo out of touch with this post and damned near stopped reading after "mowing my yard". Then to top it off, taking the damned thing apart twice and once for just a silly little safety issue just blows my mind. Anyone that even considered approaching anything I had, supposedly, repaired would know "advance at your own risk" is the proper approach.

Remember, I am the guy that got to meet all of his neighbors and the closest firehouse after putting together a gas grill. Followed the directions, put the soapy water on all of the tubing, saw all the little bubbles and announced "well, guess I fixed that". Soap is not a sealant, CC's DIY tip o the day.

The handyman was at our house so much my younger son thought he was Dad and got him a Fathers Day card. They're still pretty close.

I was starting to envy Leon and his beach digs in the Bahamas but if this is the price he has to pay once he returns, I'll just stay where I am. I couldn't enjoy all that beach, sand and libations knowing I had to face that when I returned. That would be the Groundhog Day effect of a prisoner's last meal.
I really enjoy you sense of humor and wish I had something to compete with your handy man story but, alas, I do not.

Live to die another day. :)

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Note: I realized I was responding to RGV's post but am leaving this up here for Leon as well because I know he had some honey do's because he has a wife. My wife had a honey do list but kept it well hidden from me.

:lmao2: You crack me up CC

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops. Afternoon Fellas and good Afternoon to all of you folks who visit this thread.

Man, rainy all day here, so far. Good news is that it's not too cold so that's good.

You know some days, it just doesn't matter what you do. Some days, it's just gonna be bad and there is nothing you can do about it. The real problem, of course, is that sometimes you get a string of these kinds of days going and it kinda gets rolling and it can be hard to deal with if your not careful. The key is, those things, like all things, pass. I'm not posting any of this because I feel like sympathy but I am posting this because it's important for every single person to understand that these things, they do pass. The hardest, and most important part of life is that you always have to remember and more importantly, believe, that you can never give up. You must always hang in. You must always believe that it's not a sprint, it's a distance race. You have to believe that it's a day, or a week, or a month, or a year, whatever the case, in your life and another day comes. You must always believe that you can get passed it because you can. May not be easy but hey, that's why God (or whatever it is that you believe in) makes you tough. There is always another day and you must always believe in living to fight another day. It's funny, sometimes you just lose sight of that but it's all true.

Anyway, today is another day and tomorrow is coming. I think I will make some Green Chile Stew today. It's kinda damp and not cold but cool.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Jan, hope all of you are doing well. You know I pull every single one of you!

Everybody, exciting things in the Off Season and March Madness is upon us. What more can we ask for right?

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score

:laugh:I know the feeling. Even a simple project for me requires several trips to Home Depot. I bought a home warranty plan that requires a $75 service fee. So unless the repari would cost less than that I give 'em a call. If it's something so simple a 5 yr. old could do it I pry my grandson away from the computer and make him do it.:muttley:

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops. Afternoon Fellas and good Afternoon to all of you folks who visit this thread.

Man, rainy all day here, so far. Good news is that it's not too cold so that's good.

You know some days, it just doesn't matter what you do. Some days, it's just gonna be bad and there is nothing you can do about it. The real problem, of course, is that sometimes you get a string of these kinds of days going and it kinda gets rolling and it can be hard to deal with if your not careful. The key is, those things, like all things, pass. I'm not posting any of this because I feel like sympathy but I am posting this because it's important for every single person to understand that these things, they do pass. The hardest, and most important part of life is that you always have to remember and more importantly, believe, that you can never give up. You must always hang in. You must always believe that it's not a sprint, it's a distance race. You have to believe that it's a day, or a week, or a month, or a year, whatever the case, in your life and another day comes. You must always believe that you can get passed it because you can. May not be easy but hey, that's why God (or whatever it is that you believe in) makes you tough. There is always another day and you must always believe in living to fight another day. It's funny, sometimes you just lose sight of that but it's all true.

Anyway, today is another day and tomorrow is coming. I think I will make some Green Chile Stew today. It's kinda damp and not cold but cool.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Jan, hope all of you are doing well. You know I pull every single one of you!

Everybody, exciting things in the Off Season and March Madness is upon us. What more can we ask for right?
Your post comes at a perfect time for me, ABQ. The bolded part is particularly appropriate. See my post below.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I went to the eye doc yesterday and told him my vision in my good eye has been steadily getting worse. Turns out I have a hole in the macula that requires surgery; set for next Wednesday. ^heavy sigh^. I'm frustrated and dejected. The positive angle is that we've found the problem and can make it better even if not back to normal. Have a happy Friday, Y'all and take care.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I went to the eye doc yesterday and told him my vision in my good eye has been steadily getting worse. Turns out I have a hole in the macula that requires surgery; set for next Wednesday. ^heavy sigh^. I'm frustrated and dejected. The positive angle is that we've found the problem and can make it better even if not back to normal. Have a happy Friday, Y'all and take care.
Morning Pops and everyone.

Leon, it's weird to say I 'like' a post when it doesn't contain the greatest news... wish there were another option besides 'like'. Someone once told me as was trudging through my load of troubles "Chin up. God can't see your face if you're looking at the ground." While I know that's NOT true, I get what they were trying to convey to me.

On another note, the State liquor investigator was around yesterday asking if any businesses or tenants downtown have any complaints about any of the neighboring businesses. There is one bar down here that seems to be the trouble spot that recently was not approved for renewal of their liquor license and they are appealing that decision to the state. Coincidence? I think not. I will probably talk to the guy but I have to figure out what to say. It's hard to complain as a tenant when I made the choice to live down here. I'm not so naive or stupid that I wouldn't know living downtown would come with the noise and problems that seem to roll out the doors of certain establishments (I'm told they put in a metal detector and extra security to try to cut back on the violence. Didn't work. Every. Stinking. Weekend.) There's a couple bars down here that actually draw a large crowd every weekend and yet they never have issues... I need to come up with something to say to this investigator guy that sounds composed and semi intelligent. That's my mission for the weekend.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Morning PoPs!
Hey Bro! I must admit that was about the most uplifting & exhilarating piece of honest &heartfelt posted motivational wished blessings I've heard in quite awhile (while having not attended any form of faith based structured gatherings in better than 25 years, you know?) I do dial in that Texas broadcast Daystar channel with that almost never of the unending mantra " yelled,begged, commanded& sniveled while crying plea of send in yer'monies to me so you Too can be blessed as I, channel ,pretty much on a daily basis ,and while this enthusiastic vibe you'd laid out upon those fortunate enough to of picked up on it,,, that jaded shade of armour I've long since been sportin in a Parabellum fashion Is kinda hard to discard , ya know? ( and I don't know exactly what I'm trying to relay to you other than I enjoyed & appreciated coming across you're post,my FRIEND!:thumbup:

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. This morning I woke up to the smell of fresh flour tortillas. It happens quite often. Breakfast was real good. My son stopped on his way to work and joined us.

My wife and I are going to Galveston today. We’ll probably visit a museum and find a good place to eat. Tonight we’re planning to see our 11 year old gson play in baseball game. He’s also playing soccer. He’s really really really good at soccer. This is his first year trying baseball. His first few games he’s struck out a lot. Last game he laid off bad pitches and walked twice. Once he starts making contact, he’s off to the HOF. Lol

My 9 year old gson has a baseball game yesterday. He struck out all 3 at bats but fouled a couple his last at bat. Progress. He’s big for his age and when he starts making contact, look out lol.

Have a great day everybody. It’s Friday!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry to see this Leon but the upside is that this is fixable but that doesn't fix the punch in the gut of surgery and I know first hand how macular degeneration can play with your mind. Easy for me to say, because it is not me, but I am going long on the positive here because they've found the problem and it can be fixed.

When you get to feeling low, and thankfully Wednesday is not far off, just focus on the visual of you and loved ones in the Bahamas, hanging at YOUR place, the place you always wanted. The surgery is going to fix that and you will get to see that.

Several years ago, I had a friend going through some really rough times. I was at a loss on how to help her and used that throwaway phrase "just keep your chin up". She snapped at me "what the hell does that mean. If I could do that, don't you think I would be doing that"? I was taken back, not usually an easy thing to do, and started to think about it and decided I had to help lift her chin up so we began to discuss all the things that were not circling the drain in her life and before we knew it, her mood was beginning to lighten. That did not fix the problem and was only a Band-Aid that would nee to be re-applied every time it fell off but it did help her to change her focus.

ABQ is right, this too shall pass but that doesn't help a man in a minivan with four 4 year olds on a 4 hour drive. It will pass in 4 hours but those 4 hours can seem like an eternity. We all need help with that chin up and I also know first hand about that because I didn't think I needed any and my chin was on my chest.

So, my man, consider this your chin up. You + family/friends + Bahamas = Happy. And visualization works, I know this first hand as well. I use it all the time as an anti-depressant.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and friends. This morning I woke up to the smell of fresh flour tortillas. It happens quite often. Breakfast was real good. My son stopped on his way to work and joined us.

My wife and I are going to Galveston today. We’ll probably visit a museum and find a good place to eat. Tonight we’re planning to see our 11 year old gson play in baseball game. He’s also playing soccer. He’s really really really good at soccer. This is his first year trying baseball. His first few games he’s struck out a lot. Last game he laid off bad pitches and walked twice. Once he starts making contact, he’s off to the HOF. Lol

My 9 year old gson has a baseball game yesterday. He struck out all 3 at bats but fouled a couple his last at bat. Progress. He’s big for his age and when he starts making contact, look out lol.

Have a great day everybody. It’s Friday!
If you haven't done Gaido's or Miller's, they're both good. Moody Gardens is a nice place for a visit.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and those dealing with some trials and tribulations. Hard sometimes to realize who's in charge, isn't it. Stuff just happens.

But it is always good to remember what we are all in charge of...…..our mind and how we react or respond to any situation. There is a lot of comfort in knowing I cannot change what is happening but I am in charge of how I process and respond to that. Easy to lose sight of that, as I easily do, and feel things are happening to us but the beauty of that is we have the ability, the control, on how that affects us.

We are not feathers in the winds of change and happenstance. And I do not believe everything happens for a reason, things just happen. We are not being punished, we are not bad and one of my Dad's favorite sayings reverberates with me often, "the sun does not always shine on the same dog's *** everyday".

OK, enough of this dime store philosopher BS, more beer for my men and horses and let gaiety rule the day for we all die another day today.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decide to stop in and check out the thread.

First, thank all of you for the sentiments on my post yesterday. I know that it helps me when I know that folks are in my corner.

Leon, sorry to hear the news but you know what, you play golf 10 times better then I ever did, at any point in my life, even with a somewhat, impaired vision.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Jan, the weekend is here. Go enjoy it!

Everyone, have a great, great weekend!

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops, friends and cousins. Much sage advice in a very short time here. Just remember God's still in charge. When one door closes, another opens so we can run screaming out of it. Also, it's Friday!!!!!!

I've got to get out and attend to much business today. I finally got a good head of steam going on that grocery list and am running dangerously low on caffeine which makes groceries a top priority. It's no longer just milk, eggs, bread and chocolate. This time, it's personal.

Hey Coach, has Alexa apologized yet?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops, friends and cousins. Much sage advice in a very short time here. Just remember God's still in charge. When one door closes, another opens so we can run screaming out of it. Also, it's Friday!!!!!!

I've got to get out and attend to much business today. I finally got a good head of steam going on that grocery list and am running dangerously low on caffeine which makes groceries a top priority. It's no longer just milk, eggs, bread and chocolate. This time, it's personal.

Hey Coach, has Alexa apologized yet?
It's Siri and no she hasn't, I am waiting for Apple to call and say she's lodged a complaint against me for sexual harassment language. And in this day and age, I do wonder if they've some way of listening in. I am going to tell them where Jimmy Hoffa is buried and if they dig him up, I'll know.

Xelda

Reaction score
It's Siri and no she hasn't, I am waiting for Apple to call and say she's lodged a complaint against me for sexual harassment language. And in this day and age, I do wonder if they've some way of listening in. I am going to tell them where Jimmy Hoffa is buried and if they dig him up, I'll know.
Oh excuse me! I didn't mean to get your women mixed up. ;) I'd be afraid to have one of those devices in my home once football season starts. They don't need to hear or report what I've got to say.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Look what I found on Amazon! :omg: It changes color with the water temperature. :grin: A fancy, shiny faucet! See what happens when I search long enough? Danged Lowe's hide!

617J%2B8tW4sL.jpg
I thought I had the same ability, but the urologist said otherwise.