FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops, buds and budettes, unlike MacArthur promised, I have returned. I had a homecoming party but I think the guests got the date wrong. How could all of them get the date wrong? I may need a review of my invitees in the future. I guess they got the "recommended gifts" list wrong too.

As a reminder, I just returned from our annual gathering of the cousins close as siblings and where else but in Arkansas? We witnessed the running of the ponies and it was an unusual circumstance as all of the favorites were winning and coming in 2nd so we had to get creative to make anything and it was really difficult but I did not exceed my "what's this? Money that belongs to someone else that I should really return" stash. Good deed done, all returned. But it was still a kick in the pants watching those beautiful animals run.

I hope everyone had a nice "most over-rated day of the year for those not Irish" day and Zeke didn't pull down another lass's top at the parade. That is a great St. Patty's parade and I do miss that.

OK, assignments everyone and no excuses. Make this Monday the best you can to make this week the best you can and do not accept no as an answer. Make those around you appreciate this day more and they will appreciate you more.
Wow, I completely missed St. Pat's Day. I never really cared for it anyway, being Irish myself, but reading this today is the first time I realized it had come and gone.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
If you haven't done Gaido's or Miller's, they're both good. Moody Gardens is a nice place for a visit.

We took the tour at Bryan’s Museum, the guide was very informative. Lots of Texas history and tons of historical pieces. The building has been there since the big hurricane of early 1900s.

Gaido’s was jam packed full and didn’t see Miller’s. The Mrs was super hungry and wanted a buffet place so we went to Golden Corral just pasted 61st. The waitress was very nice. She called me baby, hon, sweetheart and sugar. I told my wife, she’s going to get a nice tip. My wife agreed lol.

Baseball game coming up shortly. Hopefully the sluggers will connect today.

Have a great weekend everyone.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Welcome to the weekend. We're going to go to Costco today. I never get out of there for less than a few hundred dollars. At least I'll have enough shaving gel to last all year long. Y'all have a fantastic weekend.

Sorry to see this Leon but the upside is that this is fixable but that doesn't fix the punch in the gut of surgery and I know first hand how macular degeneration can play with your mind. Easy for me to say, because it is not me, but I am going long on the positive here because they've found the problem and it can be fixed.

When you get to feeling low, and thankfully Wednesday is not far off, just focus on the visual of you and loved ones in the Bahamas, hanging at YOUR place, the place you always wanted. The surgery is going to fix that and you will get to see that.

Several years ago, I had a friend going through some really rough times. I was at a loss on how to help her and used that throwaway phrase "just keep your chin up". She snapped at me "what the hell does that mean. If I could do that, don't you think I would be doing that"? I was taken back, not usually an easy thing to do, and started to think about it and decided I had to help lift her chin up so we began to discuss all the things that were not circling the drain in her life and before we knew it, her mood was beginning to lighten. That did not fix the problem and was only a Band-Aid that would nee to be re-applied every time it fell off but it did help her to change her focus.

ABQ is right, this too shall pass but that doesn't help a man in a minivan with four 4 year olds on a 4 hour drive. It will pass in 4 hours but those 4 hours can seem like an eternity. We all need help with that chin up and I also know first hand about that because I didn't think I needed any and my chin was on my chest.

So, my man, consider this your chin up. You + family/friends + Bahamas = Happy. And visualization works, I know this first hand as well. I use it all the time as an anti-depressant.
You're right. I was in a training class many years ago. I don't even remember what class it was but I remember one thing the instructor said. "Attitude is optional". Meaning you can't always control events, but you get to choose how you respond to them. You can choose to be miserable, go with the flow or maintain a cheerful attitude. I keep trying to instill that in my gkids.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Welcome to the weekend. We're going to go to Costco today. I never get out of there for less than a few hundred dollars. At least I'll have enough shaving gel to last all year long. Y'all have a fantastic weekend.

You're right. I was in a training class many years ago. I don't even remember what class it was but I remember one thing the instructor said. "Attitude is optional". Meaning you can't always control events, but you get to choose how you respond to them. You can choose to be miserable, go with the flow or maintain a cheerful attitude. I keep trying to instill that in my gkids.
$100 at Costco? Hell, I pay $75 just walking in the door for the guided tour. And if you do that, heed the advice of keeping hands and legs inside the vehicle, some people take their kids there on feeding day.

I actually saw a kid eat a Quinoa Health Bar, took a pic but he threatened me so I erased it. But that gave me an idea for a spin on Walmart People. Faces of Costco People Sampling Unknown Foods, acronym FOCPSUF. Don't try to pronounce that without a towel by your keyboard.

Costco is not for single people. I have an empty box of Cheerios I refer to as the "guest room" and enough toilet paper for an African dysentery outbreak. And that's a horrible place for an impulse shopper. I am impulsive and that carries over to my shopping. Hell, I rent and signed up for a sale on windows but it's not all bad, got a great deal on a timeshare in Syria.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, I completely missed St. Pat's Day. I never really cared for it anyway, being Irish myself, but reading this today is the first time I realized it had come and gone.
I don't care for Irish food, not even Lucky Charms, or green beer and have never gotten it. However, I was in CHI one time when they turned the river green and that was a lot of fun. And Dallas has a good St. Pat's Day parade.

For those types of holidays, I prefer Cinco de Mayo for the Margaritas and Bastille Day for the wine and especially Independence Day for the martinis. We only threw the tea into the harbor, not the gin. Clever colonists, very clever.

And speaking of holidays, and you were, why not a new one? Booze Day No reason at all, just a day to get schnockered and since it would not be a family holiday, they wouldn't be around to irritate and set people off. The Hallmark cards alone would be worth it. And since the weekends are for a little imbibification by the amateurs, we could select a weekday. How about Tuesday? How about a Tuesday in November? How about the first Tuesday in November?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't care for Irish food, not even Lucky Charms, or green beer and have never gotten it. However, I was in CHI one time when they turned the river green and that was a lot of fun. And Dallas has a good St. Pat's Day parade.

For those types of holidays, I prefer Cinco de Mayo for the Margaritas and Bastille Day for the wine and especially Independence Day for the martinis. We only threw the tea into the harbor, not the gin. Clever colonists, very clever.

And speaking of holidays, and you were, why not a new one? Booze Day No reason at all, just a day to get schnockered and since it would not be a family holiday, they wouldn't be around to irritate and set people off. The Hallmark cards alone would be worth it. And since the weekends are for a little imbibification by the amateurs, we could select a weekday. How about Tuesday? How about a Tuesday in November? How about the first Tuesday in November?
That's an excellent idea. People seem to make a lot of bad decisions on that day anyway, so why not give them an excuse?

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops, friends and cousins. It's Saturday and you know what that means... I'm inside typing instead of working in my yard. I'm like Coach when it comes to warehouse shopping, Sometimes I embarrass myself so much over my selections that I'll throw something healthy looking in the cart just to throw people off. Sometimes my cart says I'm planning for the apocalypse. When I get the total, I wonder if I know something I'm not telling myself. I've been asked how I got over $500 worth of stuff into one cart. It's a rare skill set, don't try it.

I was raised to believe I was part Irish. About six years ago, a relative did some digging and said our McRelatives were Scottish. I'm not sure how to process this. After all, I'd grown up thinking "at least the Irish weren't those skirt wearing Scots". (Ancestor snobbery.) Ah well, I'm barely related to them anyway.

Ok, time to find something else to do that will occupy my time and help me avoid the great outdoors. Have a good one everyone!

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Nothing much going on today so I'll just say have a blessed Sunday. Oh, and regarding Costco; we got our $300 toilet paper. I ended up buy a couple of azalea plants, and a bunch of other things I didn't need. If we could just stop going to Costco we could probably afford another condo for y"all to stay in.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

Waking up to a rainy day today. I guess that means I get to stay inside and Do sure housework. There's some bananas in the kitchen that are begging to be made into bread or muffins or something. We'll see how I feel as the day goes. Made it about 4 weeks without dizzy spells but they returned over night sometime so I'll have to feel my way around that I suppose. I'm so tired of this...

Hope the rest of the weekend is warm, sunny and good for all.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Waking up to a rainy day today. I guess that means I get to stay inside and Do sure housework. There's some bananas in the kitchen that are begging to be made into bread or muffins or something. We'll see how I feel as the day goes. Made it about 4 weeks without dizzy spells but they returned over night sometime so I'll have to feel my way around that I suppose. I'm so tired of this...

That sucks about the dizziness, Jan....unless you like that kind of thing, which I'm sure you don't.

I like how you say the bananas are begging to be made into bread or muffins or something....The best I could do would be to make them into cereal topping.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
That sucks about the dizziness, Jan....unless you like that kind of thing, which I'm sure you don't.

I like how you say the bananas are begging to be made into bread or muffins or something....The best I could do would be to make them into cereal topping.
Evening Pops. Unfortunately I've been wiped out all day and accomplished nothing. Another day or two on the ripening process won't hurt the bananas. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Maybe I can knock something out with those after work. Just feeling more 'off' than what's normal. That always makes me nervous.

Took an unexpected long (and apparently much needed) nap today. Didn't even feel myself drifting off. Woke up and first thing I thought of was how much I messed up my sleep for tonight.

Oh well, on to a new work week.

Everyone take care.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Good evening Pops and friends.

Gramma that vertigo is for the birds. It hit me at different times during my high school years. Several mornings when I woke up the room was just spinning. I supposed it was from being in freshman n JV football. I was just a bench warmer but us bench warmers took as much or more punishment than starters lol. To this day, I have a lot of respect for those high school players standing on the sidelines.

My wife often makes banana waffles. They are so good. Healthy too I imagine.

I hope you get to feeling better and the dizzy spells go away for good.

Be safe everyone. Hoping for a great week.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Gramma, I'll say a prayer for you regarding the dizzy spells. We spent almost all day yesterday gardening. We weeded and replanted both flower beds off the back porch. We planted 60 bulbs and some perennial flowers and covered the whole thing with 3" of cedar mulch. Needless to say, my back is a little uncomfortable this morning. Y'all have a great day today.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Gramma, I'll say a prayer for you regarding the dizzy spells. We spent almost all day yesterday gardening. We weeded and replanted both flower beds off the back porch. We planted 60 bulbs and some perennial flowers and covered the whole thing with 3" of cedar mulch. Needless to say, my back is a little uncomfortable this morning. Y'all have a great day today.
Morning Pops and everyone. Thanks Leon. I will say I am envious of you getting to have the yard and flower beds. I miss having a garden... I can't even open my windows in this apartment because the only smell/air that I get is that of booze and cigarette smoke (and urine when the weather gets warm and humid). No thank you. Maybe next year.

Hope everyone has a great day.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good evening Pops and friends.

Gramma that vertigo is for the birds. It hit me at different times during my high school years. Several mornings when I woke up the room was just spinning. I supposed it was from being in freshman n JV football. I was just a bench warmer but us bench warmers took as much or more punishment than starters lol. To this day, I have a lot of respect for those high school players standing on the sidelines.

My wife often makes banana waffles. They are so good. Healthy too I imagine.

I hope you get to feeling better and the dizzy spells go away for good.

Be safe everyone. Hoping for a great week.
Thanks RGV for "vertigo is for the birds", my mind immediately flashed on my favorite cartoonist of all time, Gary Larsen, with an image of all of these swallows marching to Capestrano with their little bags packed along with the ones with Acrophobia. Want to get a little warped? A pack of cats trailing them with "We don't care about sporting chances" t shirts and one with one reading "A bird with vertigo is worth two in the air".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Sorry, my Dad had that and we found out it was a low blood pressure issue with all of the meds he was taking.

If I had nanners, they would be begging for freedom as they saw me getting the Nilla wafers out because they would know doom is pending. Lucky for them, I only make it once a year, on my birthday with a gigantic plate of French fries, the real deal, not those pretend air fryer ones. I save the oil for Halloween for bobbing for French fries for the little beggars.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thanks RGV for "vertigo is for the birds", my mind immediately flashed on my favorite cartoonist of all time, Gary Larsen, with an image of all of these swallows marching to Capestrano with their little bags packed along with the ones with Acrophobia. Want to get a little warped? A pack of cats trailing them with "We don't care about sporting chances" t shirts and one with one reading "A bird with vertigo is worth two in the air".
"Vertigo" and "The Birds" in the same sentence? That would put @Corso in a Hitchcock watching mood.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
"Vertigo" and "The Birds" in the same sentence? That would put @Corso in a Hitchcock watching mood.
That's it, I'm watching Birdemic: Shock and Terror!

giphy.gif