FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good afternoon Pops and friends.

I should buy Lowe’s and Home Depot stock. That’s where most my money goes anyway.

A few weeks ago. My wife found a wallet in the Home Depot’s parking lot as we were walking in. I looked thru it while walking inside the store, searching for a phone number. He had everything in there, credit cards and cash. I didn’t recognize his pic on his DL and his home address was in a town about 20 miles away. I called a friend that has Facebook and asked if he could find him on Facebook but no luck. I told my wife, I’ll just leave it with the management but she suggested I drop it off at the police station. Which is a better idea.

Well I got in shortest line to pay for my stuff. The guy in front of me looked familiar. He had a bunch of items laid on the counter. Then he went searching for his wallet. He patted himself down good, shirt and pant pockets. I said to him “you looking for this?” The guy was so relieved when I told him we found it in the parking lot. It was his lucky day. What are the odds that I got in line behind the guy I was looking for?
The odds are pretty good, when you're stalking him! :muttley:

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
I would have taken his car keys too. Carelessness has it's own price to pay.

:laugh:

I was actually careless last week. I lost my wallet at a little league game. Second time in my life I have lost it. Fortunately my daughter found it after I left. She called and asked if I had my wallet. That’s when I looked Nada! She said I have it lol

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops, friends and cousin Leon! I've been on a forced break from CZ with my sleep messed up. Very little sleep, get up around noon, wake up around midnight and force myself to go to bed while fully alert. I've tried staying up all night, but the pattern is currently ingrained. It's been tedious so I kept my misery dialog to myself. Catching up on the week in the Pops thread has been both sobering and at times amusing. I am deeply sorry for our friends that lost loved ones. Some of us are lucky enough to be too ornery for a long term relationship and will never know that kind of commitment or loss. To those that have had life commitments that stuck, I publicly applaud you and privately ponder "HOW?".

Sending my best for a complete recovery, Leon's eye, Runny's shoulder, RGV's home improvement bow bows and ABQ's ankle.

I found this that y'all might get a kick out of. At least I hope so.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offb...bituary-goes-viral/vi-BBVELbt?ocid=spartanntp

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops, friends and cousin Leon! I've been on a forced break from CZ with my sleep messed up. Very little sleep, get up around noon, wake up around midnight and force myself to go to bed while fully alert. I've tried staying up all night, but the pattern is currently ingrained. It's been tedious so I kept my misery dialog to myself. Catching up on the week in the Pops thread has been both sobering and at times amusing. I am deeply sorry for our friends that lost loved ones. Some of us are lucky enough to be too ornery for a long term relationship and will never know that kind of commitment or loss. To those that have had life commitments that stuck, I publicly applaud you and privately ponder "HOW?".

Sending my best for a complete recovery, Leon's eye, Runny's shoulder, RGV's home improvement bow bows and ABQ's ankle.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offb...bituary-goes-viral/vi-BBVELbt?ocid=spartanntp
That would've been much better without the interrupting quotes....but it was pretty good!

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Good to see you back Xelda. One of my ex coworkers had his days and nights mixed up the same as you. It made for tough days at work for him. You don’t come across as ornery lol. Now Runny and CC, that’s a different story :muttley:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

@Xelda sorry to hear about the disruptive sleep patterns; hope you get it settled soon.

Not to make light of everyone's misery, but my warped sense of humor made me think of a MASH unit when I read Xelda's comment above. Lord knows, I have my share of aches and pains -- getting older is not for the faint hearted!

I taught another scuba class this past week (which introduces a whole set of aches when you are schlepping all that equipment around) and had a student ask me what was the most interesting thing I found while diving. In my most metaphysical voice, I responded, "... myself". All kidding aside, having a passionate pursuit -- whether it is golf, wood-working, etc -- not only keeps the mind sharp, but provides an avenue for renewal.

So, stealing a slogan from the Army, "Be all you can be"... have a great weekend everyone. Meanwhile, I will be eating crow at home over the signing of DLaw... never thought it would happen.

:thumbup:

BillyBates

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops, friends and cousin Leon! I've been on a forced break from CZ with my sleep messed up. Very little sleep, get up around noon, wake up around midnight and force myself to go to bed while fully alert.

are you sure you live in the right time zone? maybe you have been kidnapped by dingo's and yawl really are Australian.
in all seriousness try simply sticking to a routine and schedule. get up round the same time, go to bed around the same time, sounds like your metabolism if off with your internal clock... oh and for the love of Pete no caffeine !!!! you could be hyper sensitive to it....good luck

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good to see you back Xelda. One of my ex coworkers had his days and nights mixed up the same as you. It made for tough days at work for him. You don’t come across as ornery lol. Now Runny and CC, that’s a different story :muttley:
My new shirt:
Og59HdIm.jpg