FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and fellow insomniacs, I feel your pain. I think we should all go back to school, I didn't have any problems sleeping there. Sometimes when I have restless person syndrome, I practice my REM mimicking that perfect deep slumber that rejuvenates and restores. The problem is I lose count on how many times to each side and if I end up on an odd number I am afraid the other eye will become the "lazy eye". And I think since I am a lazy person, both eyes should qualify and not one have eye envy.

I know y'all have missed CC's Weather Reports and don't get too excited but they will be starting up shortly as we are crossing the 90 degrees barrier. I like to fool myself with that "barrier" thing, there is no barrier, it will fly through 90 on it's way to triple digits and 80+ humidity with ease.

I do not like summer and especially do not like it here in South Central Texas because I do not like to sweat without staring into a beautiful woman's eyes. Add to this it makes my grandkids stinky and I don't like them as much and have to hang those auto deodorizers on them to hug them.

My friends in the north, of Texas, still wonder why I moved to the golfing capital of Texas where it is hotter and with an abundance of humidity and I join them in wonder and am thinking of bailing. Ya know that "seemed like a good idea at the time", this was that. Decisions made under emotional distress should get do overs. You can't out run your mind, it goes right along with you.

Anyway, the Good Ship Smiley makes it's first launch of 2019 this week and I have an assignment. I've got this depth finder/GPS thingy that tells me where I am anytime I want to know and I will set the alarm at the new low spots on Lake LBJ. That flood was really something and since this lake is formed by the Colorado River, the submerged topography has been altered somewhat and there are still dangers lurking beneath the surface while I dangerously lurk above it. They've already had to get quite a few boats off the brand new sand bar that will be party central this season. I don't know why I set the alarm, between the music and my chick magnet little alteration I can make on the engine to resemble the sound of a cigarette boat, I can't hear my ownself yodel. I crank that baby and volume up on the Techno/Electronica and all the woman just stare at me. I know they want me and I ignore those puzzled looks on their faces and look for the deeper wanton desire. I know it's there, they can't fool me.

Anyway, good Sunday to you landlubbers as I return to my pirating ways.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Better than mine, apparently.
Hell, Runny, better than mine too as I don't recall sharing that with y'all. But Xelda is a woman and you know those memories they have. Frightening, the details that can recall. My wife had a special place in her memory bank labelled "The Childish and Stupid Things He's Done". And I think she had them color coded for quick recall to fit the occasion.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hell, Runny, better than mine too as I don't recall sharing that with y'all. But Xelda is a woman and you know those memories they have. Frightening, the details that can recall. My wife had a special place in her memory bank labelled "The Childish and Stupid Things He's Done". And I think she had them color coded for quick recall to fit the occasion.
Well, we men do tend to repeat the childish and stupid things, so that probably makes it easier for them to remember.

By the way, Morning Pops! Hope everyone's enjoying their Sunday....or their sundae, if they're lucky enough to get one of those today!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops, friends, cousin Leon and our official chick magnet, @CouchCoach. As our Northern friends hope for warmer weather, we try to enjoy these few sweet days of spring before the gates to hell are thrown open. I have weeded my flower bed and planted a few plants. I picked two up and moved them closer to the front door but worry what kind of message they're going to send to the UPS driver. One has two short clusters of leaves and the other one is a single taller group of leaves. I might have to put more space between them. I'm not trying to be rude, those are the only ones blooming right now.

Enjoy your time on your boat, Coach and try not to break too many hearts today. Everyone else have a good Sunday and Runny, treat yourself to a sundae.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

70° here where I am in Iowa today. Mostly sunny with some clouds as we've had a chance of rain all day. Mississippi River is well out of her banks here. I live up a low grade hill about 3 and a half blocks from the normal banks as she flows (I believe the only place in the country where it flows west as opposed to south) and it's literally a block away now. With all the winter snow melting north I suppose we're expecting another crest after this one falls. I love the power of nature!

Decided to make a nice lemon meringue pie today. My favorite for spring and really not too bad calorie-wise in comparison to other pies, but who cares? If you're determined to eat cake or pie... or that sundae, I think you've already thrown that concern out of your mind. My pie crust is cooling (always from scratch) so thought I'd see what's up here today. Baking and cooking is therapeutic for me and since I've kind of been inside my own head the past week or so figured what the heck. Can't hurt. I was starting to miss my buddies in the Zone.

Leon, eagerly anticipating your next post. Hope all is going as its supposed to. CC there's a whole spring and summer ahead. Best pace yourself. Xel, I miss my yard and garden. If I lived closer I'd offer to come help you out. Runny, I agree. Go get that sundae. In fact, make it a double and have some for me. I don't get to enjoy much in the way of actual dairy so I envy those of you who do (I have figured out a really good base recipe for making coconut milk ice cream though. It's pretty amazing with strawberries, but this year I'm going to perfect a version of banana split! ... because I deserve it :rolleyes:). Hoping everyone else is having a great day.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

Would you believe that all this time I've been doing all my posts from my cell phone? It's true. Finally! With this post I got around to logging in on my laptop. This is soooo much easier!

Full disclosure... I am not tech-savvy AT ALL. How do I find the URL for an image??? Go ahead. Laugh. Get your jabs in. I've emailed my 9 year old grandson to ask him too but he hasn't responded yet (How did I get so far behind? How embarrassing:oops:).

Xelda

Reaction score

Would you believe that all this time I've been doing all my posts from my cell phone? It's true. Finally! With this post I got around to logging in on my laptop. This is soooo much easier!

Full disclosure... I am not tech-savvy AT ALL. How do I find the URL for an image??? Go ahead. Laugh. Get your jabs in. I've emailed my 9 year old grandson to ask him too but he hasn't responded yet (How did I get so far behind? How embarrassing:oops:).
:lmao2:AH HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Ok, I'm done laughing. What's a URL?

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Well, he didn't know either, which I find odd since he's more intelligent for his 9 years than I am for my 51. Kids these days are so stinking far advanced compared to where we were when I was his age. Oh well. Time to call it. 4:45 comes early. Don't look now but here comes Monday...

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Evening Pops and friends.

Don’t feel like the Lone Ranger Gramma. I only use my cell :muttley:

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Okay, guys. I'm still here. I'm getting self-conscious about this. I was trying to attach some pics of the flooding down the street from me and when I click on the "image" icon it says "Image URL" which I'm thinking is some techy kind of witchcraft at this point. Then you're supposed to click the "insert" tab. I'm going to die of embarrassment here and will probably have to consider changing my screen name to protect my pride. I've never had any issue attaching a pic or other image to any texts, emails, etc... but this has me confused. I don't speak this language. Ask me about doing a real estate closing or foreclosing property and you're in my wheelhouse, but not this computer stuff. I better start working on that new screen name...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all who decide to stop in an check out the thread today.

Jan, I love Lemon Meringue Pie. Unfortunately, my Wife hates Meringue so she doesn't make it and it's a real shame too because she actually makes it really, really good. It's one of those little ironies in life that the Gods came up with, I'm sure. LOL.....

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John and Jan, hope everybody is doing well today. Eastern is coming, final push for Spring!

Everybody, have a great start to the work week!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

When you put your cursor (the little arrow or pointing hand) on the picture, right click and you'll get the option to copy URL. Then come back to the thread in which you want to post the picture, click on the icon at the top of the box (photo or video, depending on what you're posting) move your cursor into the URL box, right click, hit "paste", and the rest should be self explanatory.
If posting a YouTube video, you shouldn't need the icon steps, just paste directly where you would type.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Okay, guys. I'm still here. I'm getting self-conscious about this. I was trying to attach some pics of the flooding down the street from me and when I click on the "image" icon it says "Image URL" which I'm thinking is some techy kind of witchcraft at this point. Then you're supposed to click the "insert" tab. I'm going to die of embarrassment here and will probably have to consider changing my screen name to protect my pride. I've never had any issue attaching a pic or other image to any texts, emails, etc... but this has me confused. I don't speak this language. Ask me about doing a real estate closing or foreclosing property and you're in my wheelhouse, but not this computer stuff. I better start working on that new screen name...
Oh, you're trying to post your own photos. A URL is a website address. You need to send those pictures to a site such as Imgur, or maybe Facebook would work, then get the URL code from there. You can't just post photos directly from your computer.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
When you put your cursor (the little arrow or pointing hand) on the picture, right click and you'll get the option to copy URL. Then come back to the thread in which you want to post the picture, click on the icon at the top of the box (photo or video, depending on what you're posting) move your cursor into the URL box, right click, hit "paste", and the rest should be self explanatory.
If posting a YouTube video, you shouldn't need the icon steps, just paste directly where you would type.
I wasn't given the URL option. They were my own photos... I'll go back and look at it tonight after work. Thanks for the info.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Oh, you're trying to post your own photos. A URL is a website address. You need to send those pictures to a site such as Imgur, or maybe Facebook would work, then get the URL code from there. You can't just post photos directly from your computer.
Got it. Thank you again. (Lol I don't do Facebook. Everyone I know, including family, uses it as a means to take digs at each other. No thanks. I'll look at other options tho.)