FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and Popsicles! Welcome back cousin Leon. Wishing you a good eye day. More crazy cold sweeping across the North for Gramma, Colo and Runny. It's in the mid 80s today. We can't appreciate our mild weather because we know those triple digit days are right around the corner. Glad you survived the boys, ABQ and glad Home Depot survived Farmer Coach. I've got a lot of gardening that I won't be doing today or tomorrow so everyone have a good day. I know I will because I won't be outside. :grin:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops, friends, cousin and resident trouble maker (You know who you are. Yes, I'm talking about you! Uh huh!). Here's hoping it's a good Tuesday for everyone. Spring fever is definitely in the air in the deep South. I can joyously announce my new neighbors moved in and are exceedingly entertaining. I may have a National Lampoon's Christmas situation going on. I've put forth quite a bit of effort on my flower bed recently. I think they are a five upper, not a one upper like most competitors. I have nice solar lights that light up the front of my house at night. This week, they put up colored, blinking lights across the front of the house and down the driveway to the street. I was cussing and digging some weeds earlier and they were peeking out at me. The internal conflict of 'should I challenge or let them win' is in process. I haven't decided yet because this is all outside where the bugs and heat are.

Have a good Tuesday everyone!
Coach and I could come visit for a few days. By the time we leave, either your new neighbors will have a FOR SALE sign up, or they'll have blacked out windows on your side of their house.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops and Popsicles! Welcome back cousin Leon. Wishing you a good eye day. More crazy cold sweeping across the North for Gramma, Colo and Runny. It's in the mid 80s today. We can't appreciate our mild weather because we know those triple digit days are right around the corner. Glad you survived the boys, ABQ and glad Home Depot survived Farmer Coach. I've got a lot of gardening that I won't be doing today or tomorrow so everyone have a good day. I know I will because I won't be outside. :grin:
Well, it'll get below freezing tonight, but no snow here. Hopefully we're done with that in CT!

Xelda

Reaction score
Coach and I could come visit for a few days. By the time we leave, either your new neighbors will have a FOR SALE sign up, or they'll have blacked out windows on your side of their house.
Oooh Lawd! Well the Griswold's live across the street so you two would have to pull something spectacular to get them to black out their windows.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I have a follow-up appt. this morning to check on the eye. If I had to guess right now I'd predict about 20/40 or 20/50 vision in both eyes. As soon as everything stabilizes I can get a pair of glasses and not live in a blurry world. Man, was it ever windy here yesterday. Hey Mother Nature, March has come and gone; please take note. "See" you all tomorrow.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I have a follow-up appt. this morning to check on the eye. If I had to guess right now I'd predict about 20/40 or 20/50 vision in both eyes. As soon as everything stabilizes I can get a pair of glasses and not live in a blurry world. Man, was it ever windy here yesterday. Hey Mother Nature, March has come and gone; please take note. "See" you all tomorrow.
Good morning Pops and Zoners Friends.

"See you all tomorrow" takes on a whole new meaning for you @LeonDixson. I admire your resolve and positive attitude. Me, I would probably be whining like a baby at the mere thought of eye surgery.

Snowmagedden II has come and gone leaving us with a nice blanket of snow. In utter defiance of the weather, I refuse to shovel. I will simply drive to town later today in 4WD low. Take that, spring blizzard!

Hope everyone has their taxes done. Man, my taxes are so screwed up with all the foreign tax credits accrued over the years. I am still filing foreign returns 4 years after retiring. I consider myself a reasonably learned man, but the only way I get mine done is to have a couple or three shots of scotch and then give everything to a CPA.

:muttley:

Past hump day and onto the weekend stretch.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and those not in another county this morning because of the wind. Not the best day to hang the plants, I bet they're wondering "just what sadistic maniac has taken custody of us? Hope he kept the receipt and plans on returning us".

Good to see Leon back in good spirits, think I'll celebrate his successful surgery with some good spirits of my own.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Got it! No trouble at all. We went in to get a baked chicken and woman’s body wash. We came out spending $140. :muttley:
My boss has a Sam's card, as does one of my co-workers. I'm just one person so not worth the cost of the membership for me. He picks me up a 45-roll pack of toilet paper once a year for $20 and I'm good until the next year :Dlol. I mean, most of my hours are spent at work anyway. That mesquite chicken is good too, but other than that I have no need for all that bulk purchasing.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My boss has a Sam's card, as does one of my co-workers. I'm just one person so not worth the cost of the membership for me. He picks me up a 45-roll pack of toilet paper once a year for $20 and I'm good until the next year :Dlol. I mean, most of my hours are spent at work anyway. That mesquite chicken is good too, but other than that I have no need for all that bulk purchasing.
According to my math, that's .87 roll per week, and not allowing for sick days, I might suggest a little more fiber in your diet and laying off that mesquite chicken. And has you boss checked to see just how much toilet paper you are using at work? The way you are bragging about spending most of your hours at work might lead to an investigation that maybe your longer hours at work coincide with the toilet paper level at home starting to dwindle later in the year?

I've beaten the system for years but fear my time might be running out. I am down to the last half of the 2009 Sear's Catalogue.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
According to my math, that's .87 roll per week, and not allowing for sick days, I might suggest a little more fiber in your diet and laying off that mesquite chicken. And has you boss checked to see just how much toilet paper you are using at work? The way you are bragging about spending most of your hours at work might lead to an investigation that maybe your longer hours at work coincide with the toilet paper level at home starting to dwindle later in the year?

I've beaten the system for years but fear my time might be running out. I am down to the last half of the 2009 Sear's Catalogue.
Ha ha ha, I do just fine thank you... and that wasn't the 'Roebuck' era of Sears, right? I remember those being some pretty monster-sized catalogues :omg: