Mortensen: Elliott Suspension Upheld **merged**

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
You think so? Why hasn't she filed a civil suit against him yet? If she just wanted money, and Zeke has plenty of it, that's all she would need to do. He would have settled in a heartbeat.

I think she's just what most are making him out to be - a vindictive woman who wants nothing but to ruin him.
She knows she wont get it. The next best thing is to bring somebody down in the mud with you.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The NFLPA gave away all their leverage unfortunately. And Roger will lie to save his bacon. It's going to be an uphill battle. Probably the best Zeke can do is expose the NFL for the corrupt organization it is. They are doing a pretty good job of that themselves.

Not entirely. This case is very different from Deflategate. After reading thru the proceedings it seems that the NFL the Goddell team took a beating. They tried to argue that the process that is fundamentally flawed and thus the they excluded Roberts view. The judge wasn't having it.

When a dissenting view is excluded from the being used to determine Zeke's suspension, it seemed that the NFL was without words. Article 46 won't protect them from the blunders that they've caused already. Many more beatings like this they will certainly lose this case.

DMX690

Reaction score
This so ridiculous, NFL have some common sense man. This could have been so easily avoided, instead of talking about football right now. This is turning into a Law and Order marathon. Goodell should have just order his lap dog, Henderson to reduce the suspension to two games and clear Zeke of abusing his nut job ex-girlfriend. Citing, miss procedure during the investigation. with regards of gathering the evidences. But, we still do find Zeke to have misbehavior over the course of the last 12 months. Therefore, he still be suspended for two games, for conduct detrimental the league. Win, win for both sides.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I think we all are going to love this judge. Already said this case is not like Brady's and now we hear he is very disturbed that Kia Roberts views were ignored. He called it suppression of dissenting views. That certainly can go to a flawed process and be on the wrong side of labor laws that govern CBAs.

Kessler seems to be a very good lawyer. He kept saying that this suspension has caused Elliott irreparable damage and harm to his reputation and his career.

csirl

Reaction score
Does the NFL have evidence we haven't seen? Because all the evidence that I've seen, convinced me Zeke is innocent.

The NFLs stance suggests that there is evidence that is not currently in the public domain and that this evidence led to the suspension.

I do not understand the emphasis that NFLPA is putting on the TT oral evidence. NFL appears to have disregarded it.

In circumstances where both sides are claiming TT has no credibility a case based on her testimony is doomed to failure.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Kessler seems to be a very good lawyer. He kept saying that this suspension has caused Elliott irreparable damage and harm to his reputation and his career.

That idea certainly rings true. It's great to hear that the judge didn't buy the NFL's attempt to mask their bad intentions.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
This so ridiculous, NFL have some common sense man. This could have been so easily avoided, instead of talking about football right now. This is turning into a Law and Order marathon. Goodell should have just order his lap dog, Henderson to reduce the suspension to two games and clear Zeke of abusing his nut job ex-girlfriend. Citing, miss procedure during the investigation. with regards of gathering the evidences. But, we still do find Zeke to have misbehavior over the course of the last 12 months. Therefore, he still be suspended for two games, for conduct detrimental the league. Win, win for both sides.

Give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves. It appears they're playing hardball without a good case to present. Here's hoping the judge that presides in the court to come will see through their foul, selfish and obviously devious contentions. Their idea of justice is seriously deluded and should rightfully be extinguished.

Last edited:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves. It appears they're playing hardball without a good case to present. Here's hoping the judge that presides in the court to come will see through their foul, selfish and obviously devious contentions. Their idea of justice is seriously deluded and should rightfully be extinguished.

The NFL are so predictable. Their handling their court proceedings as if it were a blown calls and blaming it on the rule book and the process. Dez's catch comes to mind in this case. I would not be shocked at all if they decided to call Mike Perera to get a clarification and various articles they can use in court to justify their blunder and mishaps. Frankly, this is only one day. And the NFL argument is already starting to unravel.

StarHead69

Reaction score
The NFLs stance suggests that there is evidence that is not currently in the public domain and that this evidence led to the suspension.

I do not understand the emphasis that NFLPA is putting on the TT oral evidence. NFL appears to have disregarded it.

In circumstances where both sides are claiming TT has no credibility a case based on her testimony is doomed to failure.
Remember the new PC line... 'she has the RIGHT to be BELIEVED'?
IMOH, that is what this boils down to. In the very near future, God help you if a woman who dislikes you can produce a selfie with a bruise.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
So I had a nightmare that Elliott got suspended. Looks like it was a reality after all.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Not entirely. This case is very different from Deflategate. After reading thru the proceedings it seems that the NFL the Goddell team took a beating. They tried to argue that the process that is fundamentally flawed and thus the they excluded Roberts view. The judge wasn't having it.

When a dissenting view is excluded from the being used to determine Zeke's suspension, it seemed that the NFL was without words. Article 46 won't protect them from the blunders that they've caused already. Many more beatings like this they will certainly lose this case.

It appears the NFL was relying on the outcome of the delegate case as justification that they had carte Blanche to do whatever they want despite lack of objectivity and fairness. I believe they are about to find out otherwise.