Mortensen: Elliott Suspension Upheld **merged**

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Sad this will be over his head for another year possibly. Hopefully the team rallies like the Patriots did with deflategate.

I think we overestimate this stuff being a distraction. The worst thing that will happen is that he'll miss 6 games at some point in the future.

The best part about hopefully having the injunction granted is that the NFL will now have to counter the NFLPA's assertions.

One way you can do that is to bring your star witness in to testify in court...and subsequently open her up to cross-examination.

They painted themselves into a corner. Goodell should've instructed his stooge Henderson to vacate the suspension, and then Goodell could blame Henderson as the fall guy since it was a "truly neutral arbitration" -- Henderson gets the pat on the back as neutral from the media and public, Zeke is cleared, and Goodell retains his authority without being dragged through court again.

BLISTERING INCOMPETENCE.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
while Mara does hold significant amount of influence towards Goodell, you are right in the sense that this about going after the Cowboys. This about going after the NFLPA and getting as much leverage as possible to get an even more favorable CBA for the owners.

Goodell has the job because of Jerry Jones, it was Jerry that led the charge to get Goodell the job

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
On one hand it seems excessive but on the other we don't know anything about what really happened and 2 group of people felt it was deserved.
My question is now what happens when Zekes lawyers start their lawsuits against the NFL. Will the suspension go on the back burner again?

if an injunction is granted than yes. Tom Brady was able to play an entire season before he had to serve his 4 games for Deflategate.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
If it drags out that long.

This is bull **** but at least we have him for game 1.

There isn't enough evidence and yet we lose our stud, perhaps next year. Next year could be just as important, or more, than this year.

**** the NFL

My guess is probably the beginning of 2018. Wonder if the Giants will be the first team played in 2018, Mara has power over Goodell.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
I think we overestimate this stuff being a distraction. The worst thing that will happen is that he'll miss 6 games at some point in the future.

The best part about hopefully having the injunction granted is that the NFL will now have to counter the NFLPA's assertions.

One way you can do that is to bring your star witness in to testify in court...and subsequently open her up to cross-examination.

They painted themselves into a corner. Goodell should've instructed his stooge Henderson to vacate the suspension, and then Goodell could blame Henderson as the fall guy since it was a "truly neutral arbitration" -- Henderson gets the pat on the back as neutral from the media and public, Zeke is cleared, and Goodell retains his authority without being dragged through court again.

BLISTERING INCOMPETENCE.

It's going to be so funny if she backs out, which I think is 50-50.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
funny thing is cell phones were not allowed in the court room but a BB was
Only thing allowed are Blackberries and these things....
bmisj-6202_d__18_.jpg

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
On one hand it seems excessive but on the other we don't know anything about what really happened and 2 group of people felt it was deserved.
My question is now what happens when Zekes lawyers start their lawsuits against the NFL. Will the suspension go on the back burner again?
Fred, walk this back in.

Zeke was garroted

movaughn88

Reaction score
Yes, thought it might get reduced at least. Maybe there isn't that discretion anymore?

I'm also quite surprised. I think if they had reduced it to 2 or 3, there might have been a move in Zeke's camp to just eat it and stop the legal proceedings. This is just bull-headed stubbornness to continue a flawed decision in the face of evidence, even when exposed to the public eye.