Twitter: Most 450 yard passing games in NFL history (playoffs included)

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Jesus man you have some emotionally based Dak love fetish going on or you are getting kickbacks monetarily from Dak's agent as all you ever do is post Dak love stick stuff.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garbage time or Miller Time, those are the numbers.

Did no other QB ever had "garbage time"? 4 and higher it's all HOF players - and Dak. And Dak is only 5 years into his career.

How about Miller Time in Garbage Time.
Sounds like a Happy Hour Time.
:laugh:

Hey that would be a good debate for a happy hour, and may not end well. :muttley:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Stop making sense....Again I know he can do it and if you asked him he would probably say the same thing..."give me 120-140 in rushing with TD's and I can throw for 270 to 300 and TD's and that means we are curb stomping teams" anyone who carries this "Dak doesn't care about winning" BS is just not paying attention. Same with Romo he was perfectly happy with a good run game and good defense and using headshots when needed off play action...the fact he had to throw to keep us in games says more about the team then it does about the QB.....
Yep
The fact some of these QB’s on this list in OP only had a handful of games in 15-20 years they were needed to put up over 450 yards says more about the teams they were on.

On the current pace Dak is on he will probably set this mark by several games which isn’t a good sign for success of this team.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If your team is built on a high power passing attack, and that's why you put up 450+ yard games, that's fine, it's working like you designed it.

But having to throw the ball 25 times in the last quarter to get there is a bad thing....

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I'm just suggest you do delete those 2 posts. It makes you look the fool. But it's up to you. I just give you haters an inch and let you take it from there.

No thanks. I enjoy giving Homer Pyle an inch and letting him take it from there. Shazam! Shazam! Shazam! Golly, gee, Sergeant Carter.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember the old run & Shoot offenses?
How many times did those QB's throw for, even over 400 yards. Was 350 the average. Not sure. But with todays rules in the passing game, they could hit 500 yards easily regular.
Not trying to knock any QB at all. Was just wondering.

Part of Dak throwing over 450, was bad defenses, and playing from behind. But he brought the team back and won games, or nearly won games, because they were in such a hole.
However, the thing is, it proves Can is capable of throwing for a lot of yards, rather by design, or from need. And that is a good thing if need be.

I still prefer ball control offense, but at least I know Dak is capable of throwing the ball as well.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I wonder what the overall combined W/L record is for QBs that threw for 400 yards in a game?

It can't be above .500.

The Cowboys are 2-3 in games where Dak threw for 450 yards.
Throwing for 450 yards is usually not a recipe for winning football. But he doesnt play defense so he can only control what he can control

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I support Dak and I think he has the talent to help this team to a championship. I have to say throwing for 450 plus means little to me if we are not winning. I don't say that as a knock on Dak it really has as much to do with the team as a whole and overall failure. I watched Romo put up big games and yet the end results are pretty much the same a lot of smoke but no fire. Face it Dak will get question, slammed and attacked until this team can achieve a SB title, personally I think Dak can do it but asking others to believe is not going to happen until we see this team and Dak holding the SB trophy, even then I believe we have at least a few who will not give him credit if it does happen, they have dug their heals in and will not budge off their feelings about Dak.
You don't get it. This stat is just more proof that Dak is more than capable of leading the Cowboys to the Super Bowl. The only thing stopping that from happening has been the coaching and lack of talent elsewhere. Anyone who puts the majority of the blame on Dak(you're not one of them) has their head up their *** and are prime examples of ignorant fans.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Throwing for 450 yards is usually not a recipe for winning football. But he doesnt play defense so he can only control what he can control

Unless he and the offense are turning the ball over like in the Atlanta and Seattle games and falling behind by tons in the Cleveland game.

Score early, don’t turn the ball over, convert 3rd downs, and one has no need to put up 450 yards.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You don't get it. This stat is just more proof that Dak is more than capable of leading the Cowboys to the Super Bowl. The only thing stopping that from happening has been the coaching and lack of talent elsewhere. Anyone who puts the majority of the blame on Dak(you're not one of them) has their head up their *** and are prime examples of ignorant fans.
Rocky thinks Matt Schuab is a Super Bowl caliber QB.

This stat proves it.

Never forget.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I wonder what the overall combined W/L record is for QBs that threw for 400 yards in a game?

It can't be above .500.

The Cowboys are 2-3 in games where Dak threw for 450 yards.
Clearly, it's not because of the Offense. Most definitely, those losses are on the Defense.

Surely, you understand this?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don’t understand garbage time. Games are won and lost in the fourth quarter. What are these people talking about. Garbage time?
The game is 4 quarters long. They don't just play 1 quarter (well, most teams don't at least).

Games are won and lost in the first 3 quarters also.