My Doctor Gave Me Bad News Yesterday

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
UPDATE: I have an appointment in San Antonio next week to get a second opinion and hear out what my options are as far as treatment is concerned.

Thank you to all that have offered your support, it's much appreciated.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
@JoeKing

How did your 2nd opinion visit go if you don't mind sharing?
Just before Christmas I had a procedure done on my liver called "radiofrequency ablation". Basically, they zapped this spot on my liver with radiation in hopes that it makes it goes away.

Right after that I acquired pneumonia in the hospital. With my compromised immune system, I've been having a hard time getting over the pneumonia but I'm much better now.

Last week, I had my first follow up appointment with my oncologist since the liver procedure. All he had to say was good news, the spot on my liver is shrinking. Now we just keep monitoring that. I'm feeling much better. Thanks for asking.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just before Christmas I had a procedure done on my liver called "radiofrequency ablation". Basically, they zapped this spot on my liver with radiation in hopes that it makes it goes away.

Right after that I acquired pneumonia in the hospital. With my compromised immune system, I've been having a hard time getting over the pneumonia but I'm much better now.

Last week, I had my first follow up appointment with my oncologist since the liver procedure. All he had to say was good news, the spot on my liver is shrinking. Now we just keep monitoring that. I'm feeling much better. Thanks for asking.
Congratulations!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is great news. Thanks for the update.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Excellent news. I hope the news helps lift you outlook and spirit.

Oh, since Joe but me back on ignore, would one of you tell him I am happy for him. Lonely being on ignore.....dark in here too.

John813

Reaction score

Excellent! Glad to hear that the procedure went well, outside of the pneumonia!

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Cancer. Still haven't told anyone in my family. I don't think I'll seek treatment. I've done everything I want to accomplish, seen every part of the world I care to see, and then some. I think I'm done. I'm not looking for well wishes so keep them to yourselves, as well as your prayers. I'm not looking for sympathy. Just seeing if actually writing it down will wake me up from my shock.

Thank you for your courage to tell us.

nobody

Reaction score

Right on, man. You've got this! Thanks for updating us all!

kskboys

Reaction score

Best wishes.