My view on what's happening with Dak

pitt33

Reaction score
I shut down at ‘if Dak takes us to the NFC title game’.

Sorry man.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Keep HOPE alive baby nothing wrong with that I guess.
In the end, if he's the starting QB come Sept. with the lesser team Jerry has set him up with expect him to be sitting on the bench by week 17.
NO DEAL FOR DAK..............don't deserve one beating on Dog teams exclusively or getting his garbage stats (Like the GB game) while we lose again!
My sense is Jethro will cave and over pay again. The lesser team will put too much on our QB and bring about injury to Prescott. And the Cowboys will be stuck with another injury riddled less than elite QB for years.

Y’all give our owner too much credit to finally walk away from Prescott. It’s just not in his DNA without another QB in place like when he let Romo go.

We’ll see what happens . But I’m certainly not betting on Jethro to make the better decision.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What a load of pishhhhhh..

He wont win a SB because no-one with the first name Dak has ever won one !

Take the 3rd letter of his first name and the 2nd letter of his second name.. that adds up to 75.. no QB has ever won a SB with that number !

I don't know what you are going to do when he is re-signed.

(for the record) I would like to see him play out the season and see what happens.. but I still think the Jones clan will cave.
If Jethro resigns him the trolls will simply reload their talking points and continue on. No accountability much like our owner.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yep. I was truthful. On the other hand, you did not know squat about Cooper Beebe. Other members spoke about Beebe's potential as a Center. You spoke from your ignorance and shot fellow members' opinions down for even suggesting he could not play the position for something as simple as you not knowing he took snaps at the position in college--which is a common coaching practice for practically all offensive linemen at some point and at all levels of the sport.

Someone made a claim Beebe practiced taking snaps? That was immediately challenged by you. The fellow member had to 'prove it' to you. Since then, you have begun a typical 180 since others provided you knowledge indicating Beebe as a probable starting center. After-the-fact, you searched and obtained information proactively (link) of Beebe's viability at the position--a stance you could taken from the beginning.

That is who you are and how you react, especially when it comes to Dak Prescott. Keep yap yapping dude. Yap yap.
I never said Beebe can not play Center. I said it would be hard for him to make the transition since he has never played the position on a football field (which is a fact). No one knew until days later that he had practiced snapping the football in practice last year, but it still is not the same as actually playing it. You as an ex-Center know this very well. As for a challenge about Beebe having taken snaps as a Center in practice, asking for a link is not actually challenging. It's merely asking for proof. So many people lie nowadays, it's conscionable to ask for some semblance of proof. One shouldn't have to search to see if another poster is being honest if they simply posted a link to support any information shared (something some of us do often). You should appreciate that instead of condemning it. Then again, it doesn't fit your Dak agenda, especially when you're either challenged on information, interpretation and analysis. Poor soul.

blueblood70

Reaction score
See the problem is you look at the big picture without looking deeper. W/L is a team stat not a quarterbacks. Only people who believe this is those who watch the click bait mouth breathing analysts.

Dak got zero mvp votes so it doesn't matter no one gives a sh** about that. Wouldnt matter who the Qb is. Did he have a great regular season? Yes, he's my fantasy quarterback for a reason but no one cares about regular season stats besides fantasy people but hey if you want to play fantasy football stats before Cousins injury he had 18tds 5int. 1st in Tds, 2nd in ypg, and 5th for comp pct. Was playing great can't help the rest of the team was trash. Cousins has had trash OLs until the last two years in Minnesota and some of bottom tier defenses compared to Dak.

How does Dak deserve more when Cousins has done just as good if not better with far less talented teams? That makes no logical sense.

If you want to look at playoff records / team record kirk has played better in his losses then Prescott in his 4 starts. Prescott has had his team down at half and going into the 4th sometimes by 2-3 scores while cousins was either up or the team was much closer in points going into the 4th. 2015 Commanders only won the division as they got hot at the end of the season and the rest of the division was terrible. Truly not a playoff team and neither was the 2022 Vikings. Cousins willed that team into the playoffs even with one of the worst defenses in football.

The only reason Dak deserves more is because he's younger and Cousins is coming off a major injury. Now in the end it doesn't matter they both don't have what it takes so mute point
you think you're rambling on is going to change the way I think I didn't read past the first line I don't care what you think I said what I said and I meant it and I actually care so when everyone says who cares I do and I'm pretty sure Prescott does and I'm sure there's a lot of people that are pro Prescott that would agree he's better than cousins and has nothing to do with the teams they're on so your point is moot, THATS MOOT!

Going to the playoffs 5 out of your eight healthy years in the league is a lot better than whatever you're spitting out about cousins no matter what you say Prescott the better quarterback than cousins he's five years younger and he's not coming off a major injury if that doesn't land with you you have 0 common sense and we see your hate for Jack won't allow you to think straight so why don't you go hide somewhere else because you're not winning this debate with me he's better than cousins on any given day in any debate no matter how drunk you are......

And I said there isn't a big gap but there is essentially a gap and there's a reason Prescott would get paid more it's pretty obvious to see why but you can't let your mind open up to realize that all that stuff I gave you matters... You literally have a quarterback coming off a major injury switching teams and five years older and does not have as good of record IE no losing seasons and yes it's important don't act like somehow the Cowboys have had the greatest show on turf in Prescott been along for the ride it's been quite the opposite we've hardly had any talent here on a regular basis I mean which can it be Jerry Jones doesn't go after big time free agents they don't know how to build a team from the trenches inside out they're terrible to below average front office and yet when everyone needs to make an argument Prescott's been surrounded by Hall of Fame talent and he's been the reason we've been losing you cannot have it both ways,

hypocrite

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You thought you saw a deer in headlights, just wait until you see Daks pupils when we are breaking in our future center.
Bad timing for that change for Dak, Todd, and Tad..
Good thing it's Dak and not your beloved Romo. Romo would end up with a broken back. Oh wait, that did happen to him...twice. Ouch.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
Better chance of seeing a Leprechaun riding a unicorn.
1-green-luck-leprechaun-rides-a-unicorn-mister-tee.jpg

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I have zero doubt that the Cowboys want to keep Dak. Fisher keeps saying, well if you love him as you say, then sign him. Well, it aint that simple.

If signing Dak today means giving Dak 60 million per season, say 4 years 240 million, Dallas doesn't think he's worth that. I agree with that assessment. So why would they sign the guy for that kind of money when they think that is too much. So they let him play this coming season and Dak goes 11-6, or maybe even 12-5 again, and then he lays an egg and we lose the 1st playoff game again. You think anyone would give him 60 million a year if that happens? I dont.

So at that point, lets say he gets 53 million per... then it was a win for thr FO for not giving in to his ridiculous current demand of 60 million.

But, lets say Dak has another MVP worthy season and takes us to the NFC title game. If that were to happen, Dallas would gladly pony up 60 million per season. If all things are equal, Dak is not bolting Dallas to go play for city XXX. His agent isnt stupid. Dak gets massive endorsement deals playing for Dallas that he would never get playing for city XXX. So IMO, he would take the deal with Dallas over team X... if the dollars are close.

It is a win, win for our FO. If Dak stumbles and this team is mediocre and finishes at 9-8 or 8-9, the decision is now made for them. The doubts some have within the organization have turned out correct and thye simply will have had enough and they let him walk.

I dont want to hear how we didnt put enough around Dak if we go 8-9. So a top 5 WR, an outstanding young TE, a supposed O line that should be very good, again. Cooks is a solid number 2. The run game should be fine.... every year we see teams number 1 go down and some nobody steps in and does really good.

So again, I just think this is part of doing business. And while many say Dak has all the leverage, Ill agree...if we win 11 or more games and have some success in the playoffs. Less than that, and our FO wont want him anyways, and they then have all the leverage as the deal with be completed and they just let him walk. Criticizing our FO for not getting a deal done is nuts IMO. Because Dak isnt signing a deal for less than 60 million today, and Im pretty sure everyone in here agrees he aint worth 60 million per season.

One last thing.... Dak has tried to hold this team hostage at every opportunity. Mahomes could back up the truck and simply tell the chiefs I want this amount of money. There would be no negotiations... it would simply be done. Is Mahomes doing that to the Chiefs?
:hammer: You hit it on the head. Dak is betting on himself again. No matter what Dak is getting 50 million + from somebody. It’s just not in his best interest or the Cowboys interest to sign an early extension. Dak is not going to give the Cowboys a break and the Cowboys are not going to overpay.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
There’s been no official word on the exact figures being negotiated.
No! But let's do the math and take a look at the structure of contract increases. We know Burrow is highest paid at $55M and Herbert is 2nd at $52M. There is no way you give Dak a contract that pays him $5M ($60M) than the highest paid without a Super Bowl. You rarely see a player reset the market with an increase by such a wide margin from the highest paid. In other words, $56M makes him the highest paid, why offer $60M. There is an article on one of the paid sites that takes a shot at projecting the next three QB contracts coming up ( Goff, Jordan Love and Dak ). I won't get into the other three but this writer thinks $52M should get Dak's deal done. Just me, but I think THIS is closer to a range of what Jerry and Stephen have in mind but Dak is thinking $57-60M. It's why he's "betting on himself....again" .

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I never said Beebe can not play Center. I said it would be hard for him to make the transition since he has never played the position on a football field (which is a fact). No one knew until days later that he had practiced snapping the football in practice last year, but it still is not the same as actually playing it. You as an ex-Center know this very well. As for a challenge about Beebe having taken snaps as a Center in practice, asking for a link is not actually challenging. It's merely asking for proof. So many people lie nowadays, it's conscionable to ask for some semblance of proof. One shouldn't have to search to see if another poster is being honest if they simply posted a link to support any information shared (something some of us do often). You should appreciate that instead of condemning it. Then again, it doesn't fit your Dak agenda, especially when you're either challenged on information, interpretation and analysis. Poor soul.
A simple google brought up several references to his practicing the position. He even went thru the reps before the draft.

Apparently it’s not a reach to believe he can easily make the transition on game day to center, the only position on OL he’s never played on game day.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...y-seemingly-daunting-task-isnt-so/ar-BB1lVIJ9

“ Beebe has never played center in a game, but he worked on learning the position during pre-draft training with offensive line instructor Duke Manyweather. Manyweather's OL Masterminds program is run out of Sports Academy across the street from the Cowboys' team headquarters at The Star.”
https://sports.yahoo.com/cooper-beebe-move-guard-center-174456031.html

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh wait.

Then again, it doesn't fit your Dak agenda, especially when you're either challenged on information, interpretation and analysis. Poor soul.

Speaking of agenda, I have a question.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/micah-parsons-career-numbers-are-pretty-amazing.524521/post-13561050

Why introduce Dak Prescott into a Micah Parsons thread? It was totally unnecessary to prop up a quarterback within a thread having nothing to do with a quarterback.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No! But let's do the math and take a look at the structure of contract increases. We know Burrow is highest paid at $55M and Herbert is 2nd at $52M. There is no way you give Dak a contract that pays him $5M ($60M) than the highest paid without a Super Bowl. You rarely see a player reset the market with an increase by such a wide margin from the highest paid. In other words, $56M makes him the highest paid, why offer $60M. There is an article on one of the paid sites that takes a shot at projecting the next three QB contracts coming up ( Goff, Jordan Love and Dak ). I won't get into the other three but this writer thinks $52M should get Dak's deal done. Just me, but I think THIS is closer to a range of what Jerry and Stephen have in mind but Dak is thinking $57-60M. It's why he's "betting on himself....again" .

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback
I agree with much of this but I was responding to a report that 60 was the starting point which can’t be officially confirmed.

Obviously Jethro is waiting for someone else to set the Market Price in 2024. Which will provide him a baseline and ceiling for negotiations.

kskboys

Reaction score
I have zero doubt that the Cowboys want to keep Dak. Fisher keeps saying, well if you love him as you say, then sign him. Well, it aint that simple.

If signing Dak today means giving Dak 60 million per season, say 4 years 240 million, Dallas doesn't think he's worth that. I agree with that assessment. So why would they sign the guy for that kind of money when they think that is too much. So they let him play this coming season and Dak goes 11-6, or maybe even 12-5 again, and then he lays an egg and we lose the 1st playoff game again. You think anyone would give him 60 million a year if that happens? I dont.

So at that point, lets say he gets 53 million per... then it was a win for thr FO for not giving in to his ridiculous current demand of 60 million.

But, lets say Dak has another MVP worthy season and takes us to the NFC title game. If that were to happen, Dallas would gladly pony up 60 million per season. If all things are equal, Dak is not bolting Dallas to go play for city XXX. His agent isnt stupid. Dak gets massive endorsement deals playing for Dallas that he would never get playing for city XXX. So IMO, he would take the deal with Dallas over team X... if the dollars are close.

It is a win, win for our FO. If Dak stumbles and this team is mediocre and finishes at 9-8 or 8-9, the decision is now made for them. The doubts some have within the organization have turned out correct and thye simply will have had enough and they let him walk.

I dont want to hear how we didnt put enough around Dak if we go 8-9. So a top 5 WR, an outstanding young TE, a supposed O line that should be very good, again. Cooks is a solid number 2. The run game should be fine.... every year we see teams number 1 go down and some nobody steps in and does really good.

So again, I just think this is part of doing business. And while many say Dak has all the leverage, Ill agree...if we win 11 or more games and have some success in the playoffs. Less than that, and our FO wont want him anyways, and they then have all the leverage as the deal with be completed and they just let him walk. Criticizing our FO for not getting a deal done is nuts IMO. Because Dak isnt signing a deal for less than 60 million today, and Im pretty sure everyone in here agrees he aint worth 60 million per season.

One last thing.... Dak has tried to hold this team hostage at every opportunity. Mahomes could back up the truck and simply tell the chiefs I want this amount of money. There would be no negotiations... it would simply be done. Is Mahomes doing that to the Chiefs?
Dak: I want top dollar and on a short term contract, be damned the team.
Mahomes: Stretch that baby out as long as you need to so we can win super bowls, whatever it takes.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
A simple google brought up several references to his practicing the position. He even went thru the reps before the draft.

Apparently it’s not a reach to believe he can easily make the transition on game day to center, the only position on OL he’s never played on game day.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...y-seemingly-daunting-task-isnt-so/ar-BB1lVIJ9

“ Beebe has never played center in a game, but he worked on learning the position during pre-draft training with offensive line instructor Duke Manyweather. Manyweather's OL Masterminds program is run out of Sports Academy across the street from the Cowboys' team headquarters at The Star.”
https://sports.yahoo.com/cooper-beebe-move-guard-center-174456031.html
Once again, what does it hurt for anyone who inputs some information to go ahead and add a link to support their statement?

As for Beebe, practicing a totally new position a few days pre-draft with Duke Manyweather is not anywhere near enough to prove the player is capable of successfully playing said new position. Such a sudden change, especially at the hardest position on the Oline, takes lots of time and repetitions to try to be successful.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Once again, what does it hurt for anyone who inputs some information to go ahead and add a link to support their statement?

As for Beebe, practicing a totally new position a few days pre-draft with Duke Manyweather is not anywhere near enough to prove the player is capable of successfully playing said new position. Such a sudden change, especially at the hardest position on the Oline, takes lots of time and repetitions to try to be successful.
I’m not really able to offer my personal expertise or opinion and have to rely on those who are.

Is there any documentation or links that says they don’t believe Beebe can make the transition?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I’m not really able to offer my personal expertise or opinion and have to rely on those who are.

Is there any documentation or links that says they don’t believe Beebe can make the transition?
No one knows at this time. Only time will tell. I have a feeling Cooper Beebe is going to become a pretty good Center in time.

Redline360

Reaction score
you think you're rambling on is going to change the way I think I didn't read past the first line I don't care what you think I said what I said and I meant it and I actually care so when everyone says who cares I do and I'm pretty sure Prescott does and I'm sure there's a lot of people that are pro Prescott that would agree he's better than cousins and has nothing to do with the teams they're on so your point is moot, THATS MOOT!

Going to the playoffs 5 out of your eight healthy years in the league is a lot better than whatever you're spitting out about cousins no matter what you say Prescott the better quarterback than cousins he's five years younger and he's not coming off a major injury if that doesn't land with you you have 0 common sense and we see your hate for Jack won't allow you to think straight so why don't you go hide somewhere else because you're not winning this debate with me he's better than cousins on any given day in any debate no matter how drunk you are......

And I said there isn't a big gap but there is essentially a gap and there's a reason Prescott would get paid more it's pretty obvious to see why but you can't let your mind open up to realize that all that stuff I gave you matters... You literally have a quarterback coming off a major injury switching teams and five years older and does not have as good of record IE no losing seasons and yes it's important don't act like somehow the Cowboys have had the greatest show on turf in Prescott been along for the ride it's been quite the opposite we've hardly had any talent here on a regular basis I mean which can it be Jerry Jones doesn't go after big time free agents they don't know how to build a team from the trenches inside out they're terrible to below average front office and yet when everyone needs to make an argument Prescott's been surrounded by Hall of Fame talent and he's been the reason we've been losing you cannot have it both ways,

hypocrite
This is why most of the forum doesn't take you series. Others have provided breakdown and facts not just in this matter or thread and you get super defensive for whatever reason then you go on to post entire book length posts that no one reads. It has everything to do with "teams" and the surrounding talent. It's a team sport ffs as is all sports.

Do I belive Dak is better then Cousins? Slightly but not by much.

Like I said the only reason Dak would warrant more is due to his age and cousins injury. Cousins has maybe 2 or 3 good years left in him while Dak has many more. Its not because he's leagues better.

Hardly enough talent?? Jesus F the cowboys have fielded some of the most talented teams overall since Dak took over where the vast majority of quarterbacks would kill for the talent Dak has had. Do we have issues? Yes but so does every other team.

In the end the FO is the problem but if you want to play narrow minded thinking the teams Cousins has had for the vast majority in his career pale in comparison to Daks. Can not be denied and damn near common sense

I was on the Dak bus early in his career stating numerous times he could win us the superbowl if he could drive the bus straight(product of the talent around him). However that's not the case anymore. He's been atrocious in the post season and can not put the team on his shoulders when it matters.