NBA Off-season

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Alot of rumors coming of Boston. Word is that Boston/Indiana have discussed the framwork for. Hayward/Turner deal. Indiana would have to add one of Oladipo, Warren, or McDermott to make salaries match. At which Boston will likely have to add players like Rob Williams, Grant Williams and/or Langford for Oladipo, or picks for Warren. I think Turner and Warren is a clean salary match.

Also a rumor that Boston is considering trading all their 1st for Jrue Holiday. This makes very little sense to me as it would have to include either Hayward or Walker as a salary match. Speculation is it would be a 3 team deal, however I just cant see Boston giving that much up for Holiday.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Alot of rumors coming of Boston. Word is that Boston/Indiana have discussed the framwork for. Hayward/Turner deal. Indiana would have to add one of Oladipo, Warren, or McDermott to make salaries match. At which Boston will likely have to add players like Rob Williams, Grant Williams and/or Langford for Oladipo, or picks for Warren. I think Turner and Warren is a clean salary match.

Also a rumor that Boston is considering trading all their 1st for Jrue Holiday. This makes very little sense to me as it would have to include either Hayward or Walker as a salary match. Speculation is it would be a 3 team deal, however I just cant see Boston giving that much up for Holiday.
Mavs would love to be 3rd team in that deal... but Holiday probably fits Mavs moreso than Boston.

BUT if BOS wanted to move Kemba for Jrue.
That deal is easier to envision:

BOS:
Jrue Holiday
Tim Hardaway Jr. --expiring 19m deal that can be traded at trade deadline.

DAL:
Kemba
BOS lowest R1 pick

NOP:
Robert Williams
Delon Wright
Justin Jackson
DAL 18R1
BOS 14R1
BOS R2

Works money-wise.

NOP gets cheaper, younger, deeper.
BOS gets all-defense and all-offense guards to go with their position-less basketball mix. Plus an expiring deal that is very tradable.
DAL gets Kemba whom they loved last year and move guys not in long term plans.

---------
I still think DAL would prefer Jrue straight up but this would be a lot of ammo for NOP and hard for them to pass it up and both DAL/BOS could feel bolstered for runs this this season.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mavs would love to be 3rd team in that deal... but Holiday probably fits Mavs moreso than Boston.

BUT if BOS wanted to move Kemba for Jrue.
That deal is easier to envision:

BOS:
Jrue Holiday
Tim Hardaway Jr. --expiring 19m deal that can be traded at trade deadline.

DAL:
Kemba
BOS lowest R1 pick

NOP:
Robert Williams
Delon Wright
Justin Jackson
DAL 18R1
BOS 14R1
BOS R2

Works money-wise.

NOP gets cheaper, younger, deeper.
BOS gets all-defense and all-offense guards to go with their position-less basketball mix. Plus an expiring deal that is very tradable.
DAL gets Kemba whom they loved last year and move guys not in long term plans.

---------
I still think DAL would prefer Jrue straight up but this would be a lot of ammo for NOP and hard for them to pass it up and both DAL/BOS could feel bolstered for runs this this season.
I really dont see Boston trading Kemba, especially considering how bad it would look fo future FA's if they traded him only a year after signing him. Very bad look for the org. They would have to get blown away to move Kemba. Hayward is more likely considering if he opts in, he only has 1 year left on his deal.

Ainge also wouldn't give up Kemba, two firsts (including a lottery pick) and Robert William's for Jrue and Hardway

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I really dont see Boston trading Kemba, especially considering how bad it would look fo future FA's if they traded him only a year after signing him. Very bad look for the org. They would have to get blown away to move Kemba. Hayward is more likely considering if he opts in, he only has 1 year left on his deal.

Ainge also wouldn't give up Kemba, two firsts (including a lottery pick) and Robert William's for Jrue and Hardway
Yup, Can understand that take as well.
Kemba is now overpaid and will be turn 30 this season. He's a good 3rd best player but if you are going after Jrue what are you doing with him? Makes sense to have 1 of the 2 but not really both with a ball dominant Tatum as well.

Hayward on a 1 year rental plus giving up all the picks might be more appealing more appealing to both sides but if you have to tip a good young player on top of that it gets tough to see it work.
A lot of the chatter outside BOS says Kemba is actually the better fit in a trade for Jrue but the local stuff says Hayward plus picks plus fodder.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yup, Can understand that take as well.
Kemba is now overpaid and will be turn 30 this season. He's a good 3rd best player but if you are going after Jrue what are you doing with him? Makes sense to have 1 of the 2 but not really both with a ball dominant Tatum as well.

Hayward on a 1 year rental plus giving up all the picks might be more appealing more appealing to both sides but if you have to tip a good young player on top of that it gets tough to see it work.
A lot of the chatter outside BOS says Kemba is actually the better fit in a trade for Jrue but the local stuff says Hayward plus picks plus fodder.
I dont think they are legitimately after Jrue

One trade I think the Mavs should explore is a Hardaway for Rozier swap. Hornets are likely taking a PG at 3 and already have Devonte Graham as well. Rozier is the better player, but I think Charlotte would value an expiring deal they can use at the trade deadline to sell for assets more. Rozier is an excellent fit with Luka as a guy that can shoot off the bounce and catch. He is also an excellent defender at the 1

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow Bucks gave up alot for Jrue. Three firsts and two pick swaps. They must be close to a Giannis extension

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Schroeder trade was really solid for LA. It will be interesting to see how he handles starting again. Alot of ability there. I think he was asked to do too much on bad Atlanta team

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Schroeder trade was really solid for LA. It will be interesting to see how he handles starting again. Alot of ability there. I think he was asked to do too much on bad Atlanta team
Def a good fit. He can defend and take on secondary ball handling role.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I can't believe the picks they gave up. If Giannis leaves, this is Brooklyn Nets trading for KG and Pierce bad
Likely did this with the GA sign of approval and commitment to extend.
They had him in last week.
It was an insane payment but any team would do whatever it took to keep GA happy.

Very reasonable to call the Bucks frontrunners as of this second.

ghst187

Reaction score
Wow dumbest move of the off-season award goes to OKC for giving away CP3.
He made them a quality team. They were already rebuilding and have more draft picks than they can use. I would’ve kept CP until he needs wheeled off the court, one of the most under rated players in the league.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow dumbest move of the off-season award goes to OKC for giving away CP3.
He made them a quality team. They were already rebuilding and have more draft picks than they can use. I would’ve kept CP until he needs wheeled off the court, one of the most under rated players in the league.
Paul really doesnt do anything for them. It was a nice story this year, but they need to be rebuilding. The more assets the better. They arent making all those picks, but they have a ton of ammo to use in trades for better picks and/or all stars

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rumor has it Boston is trying to trade into top 3. Hard to imagine them doing it without including Hayward. Hayward to GS does make a ton sense to me though. Huge up grade over Wiggins, and fits the kind of ball Kerr plays perfectly. I could see something like this:

Boston gets #2, and The Andrew Wiggins Career Rehab Project.

GS gets : Hayward, # 14, #26.

@CalPolyTechnique what say you?