NBA Off-season

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
various:
Bucks trade to Kings is possibly off?? BB doesn't wanna go to Milwaukee?
CP3 to PHO was a great move for both teams. Lots of assets for insanely overpaid vet for OKC.
Horford shipped off with a couple picks? Yikes.

It's about to go down fellas.., LFG!!!!
Best off-season of any sport.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
C'mon Spurs... trade for Wiseman! He's already wearing silver and black shoes and calavera skulls on the inside of his suit!

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
So the Knicks traded the 27th pick and the 36th pick for the 23rd pick. Then traded back to the 25th and picked up the 33rd. And with that...probably picked a guy at 25 that would have been available at 33.

Disappointed that we didn’t take RJ Hampton at 23 and call it a night

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Oh...Josh Richardson for Seth Curry

I like what Philly has done this week

C: Joel Embid
PF: Tobias Harris
SF: Danny Green
SG: Seth Curry, Tyrese Maxley
PG: Ben Simmons, Theo Maledon

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I give the C's a C+. Neismith is a lights out shooter, but he may be one dimensional in the NBA. 14 was a little rich IMO. However he should be able to contribute right away. Pritchard is an experienced backup point guard in the Van Vleet mold, however the same was said about Carsen Edwards last year. Possiblity both are minus defenders in the NBA

ghst187

Reaction score
Paul really doesnt do anything for them. It was a nice story this year, but they need to be rebuilding. The more assets the better. They arent making all those picks, but they have a ton of ammo to use in trades for better picks and/or all stars

Paul keeps them competitive which sells tickets. The majority of draft picks don’t even pan out in the NBA. Not sure who they could even trade for...every superstar wants to leave.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Paul keeps them competitive which sells tickets. The majority of draft picks don’t even pan out in the NBA. Not sure who they could even trade for...every superstar wants to leave.
Paul gets them a 6th or 7th seed which isnt really competitive. When they traded George and Westbrook, they commited to a rebuild. They would have traded Paul last year if they could offload that contract.

A good amount of those picks are going to be trade assets in the future the shape the roster. OKC has a ton of capital to maneuver with

ghst187

Reaction score
Paul gets them a 6th or 7th seed which isnt really competitive. When they traded George and Westbrook, they commited to a rebuild. They would have traded Paul last year if they could offload that contract.

A good amount of those picks are going to be trade assets in the future the shape the roster. OKC has a ton of capital to maneuver with

MAN they sure do but not even sure who they could get. Would’ve preferred to bring in some players with Paul

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MAN they sure do but not even sure who they could get. Would’ve preferred to bring in some players with Paul
They are probably going to be playing for a high pick. Im sure they will probably ship out Adams soon. They will probably take a couple lottery trips to find running mates for SGA, then start making trades.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Dubs just traded for Kelly Oubre.

Given the luxury tax they are effectively paying $80M for one season for him per Woj.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I give the C's a C+. Neismith is a lights out shooter, but he may be one dimensional in the NBA. 14 was a little rich IMO. However he should be able to contribute right away. Pritchard is an experienced backup point guard in the Van Vleet mold, however the same was said about Carsen Edwards last year. Possiblity both are minus defenders in the NBA

If you get a role player at 14 in this draft, you did fine.

People have unrealistic expectations of the NBA draft.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you get a role player at 14 in this draft, you did fine.

People have unrealistic expectations of the NBA draft.
Depends on how much of a role player he becomes. If he just becomes a one dimensional guy that winds up a liability on one side of the court and plays 10 minutes a game, a lotto pick is a bit much. If he is giving you 20 -25 minutes, then 14 is definitely worth it. Neismith has the length and hustle to at least be a passible defender though

They got one player that should be a contributor, and one that might. However I knock them down because I think there was some better players on the board when they picked, like Bey and Achiuwa at 14 and Terry and Meldon at 26

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
So the Knicks traded the 27th pick and the 36th pick for the 23rd pick. Then traded back to the 25th and picked up the 33rd. And with that...probably picked a guy at 25 that would have been available at 33.

Disappointed that we didn’t take RJ Hampton at 23 and call it a night
Hampton is VERY local to me.He is insanely quick and off the charts fast but his outside shot has a lot of work and he isn't a good defender because he's rail thin.
In an AAU press and push he's elite. In the NBA he'll make a few beautiful full court plays but disappear in quarters/games where he defenses get back to guard the basket.

I'd rate the local guys:
Ramsey, Maxey, Hampton, (kid from Nevada that was 3rd best at state champ Duncanville).

All that said I'm still waiting to see the Knicks take an identifiable direction. Do you just build a large young roster... add assets who you can package in trades? keep trying the big fish free agency route?
At this point they gotta stop trying to fly imho and just walk in a winning direction. They've been roster building like they are the island of misfit toys.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Can't sell (many) tickets in a pandemic
CP3 was just not a good fit with their longer term goals.
They were able to get off the big money of Russ and then CP3 which was a massive sigh of relief to the owners.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Oh...Josh Richardson for Seth Curry

I like what Philly has done this week

C: Joel Embid
PF: Tobias Harris
SF: Danny Green
SG: Seth Curry, Tyrese Maxley
PG: Ben Simmons, Theo Maledon
Morey is a good GM and that is a modern basketball lineup.
Philly got a lot better.

Curry and Green are corner assassins so you now have spacing.
Last year I literally couldn't believe the Sixers lack of spacing by design.
Simmons can make those cross court passes in his sleep so this really might work even if Simmons and Embiid aren't totally compatible.