NBA Playoffs

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Wouldn't say the Sixers are overrated but just mostly that fans lack bball IQ, lol.
There is a very real "process" in the NBA and it goes win in regular season and learn about playoff life.
Win in playoffs.
Then win a title.
You really can't skip steps.

Philly/Toronto will be interesting to watch next year.
CLE would obviously fall off the face of the earth again if LBJ leaves and he is likely too since he and Gilbert never see eye to eye.

Philly has a surprising number of decisions to make. A few 30+ year olds had very good seasons for them. Redick is a FA and his cap hold is 27M.
Belinelli/Ilyasova likely due for a marked raise.

Warriors missed the playoffs Curry's first 3 years and were 1-2 in playoffs series the next 2 years before beginning their dynasty. Meanwhile, the Raptors made the playoffs 5 out of 6 years during the Derozen-Lowrey era and have gone 4-5 in playoff series.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Warriors missed the playoffs Curry's first 3 years and were 1-2 in playoffs series the next 2 years before beginning their dynasty. Meanwhile, the Raptors made the playoffs 5 out of 6 years during the Derozen-Lowrey era and have gone 4-5 in playoff series.
GSW isn't really that interesting to me tbh. They were bad for a few years and found a unique piece in Curry.
Player and team both developed a skillset/play style match that saw him truly elevate to the new type offensive juggernaut over the expected 3-5 year period.
GSW was ahead of the curve on 3 and D basketball and position-less basketball where Draymond Green has made them so much better.
They added max contracts in free agency a couple times and made basketball very, very simple. We will outscore you.
They've kinda had everything go right and thus are where they are.

CLE had one thing go right. LBJ went back.

Toronto is a good team but they aren't beating LeBron.
Not much different than Utah being really good under Malone/Stockton but never getting over the hump.
IF LeBron goes West they likely go to the Finals. If he doesn't, they gotta re-work the roster some to prepare for LeBron and stop worrying as much about the 1 seed.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
GSW isn't really that interesting to me tbh. They were bad for Toronto is a good team but they aren't beating LeBron.
Not much different than Utah being really good under Malone/Stockton but never getting over the hump.
IF LeBron goes West they likely go to the Finals. If he doesn't, they gotta re-work the roster some to prepare for LeBron and stop worrying as much about the 1 seed.
That statement says it all. Comparing an entire team to one player. Love him or hate him, he's the best!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Go Get 'Em LJ
f8e.gif

ESisback

Reaction score
That statement says it all. Comparing an entire team to one player. Love him or hate him, he's the best!

I don't like him because he pats himself on the back WAAAAYYY too much, but is so delicate when it comes to criticism. I don't like him because every time I turn on the TV, I can't escape the Lebronathon.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I don't like him because he pats himself on the back WAAAAYYY too much, but is so delicate when it comes to criticism. I don't like him because every time I turn on the TV, I can't escape the Lebronathon.
Of the worlds great athletes he might be the best guy of them all.
He doesn't have the issues Jordan or Tiger or Kobe did off the court and he is far more philanthropic and far more involved as a father.

But yea he is also easy to dislike as he has been beating people for a long time and he always has a mic in his face. He came into the league as a kid and certainly has been sensitive to criticism. He very badly wants to do the right things and to be the best in all endeavors.

Most people that dislike him are Kobe or Jordan stans and that's OK, all those guys were generational talents. Thing with LeBron is it looks like he is gonna be 2 generations best.

visionary

Reaction score
There is no way anyone objective can look at Lebron and say yes not the best basketball player of our time

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Wouldn't say the Sixers are overrated but just mostly that fans lack bball IQ, lol.
There is a very real "process" in the NBA and it goes win in regular season and learn about playoff life.
Win in playoffs.
Then win a title.
You really can't skip steps.

Philly/Toronto will be interesting to watch next year.
CLE would obviously fall off the face of the earth again if LBJ leaves and he is likely too since he and Gilbert never see eye to eye.

Philly has a surprising number of decisions to make. A few 30+ year olds had very good seasons for them. Redick is a FA and his cap hold is 27M.
Belinelli/Ilyasova likely due for a marked raise.

Not me. I have been following baskeball since the late 1970s, and especially the Lakers since Magic arrived.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Of the worlds great athletes he might be the best guy of them all.
He doesn't have the issues Jordan or Tiger or Kobe did off the court and he is far more philanthropic and far more involved as a father.

But yea he is also easy to dislike as he has been beating people for a long time and he always has a mic in his face. He came into the league as a kid and certainly has been sensitive to criticism. He very badly wants to do the right things and to be the best in all endeavors.

Most people that dislike him are Kobe or Jordan stans and that's OK, all those guys were generational talents. Thing with LeBron is it looks like he is gonna be 2 generations best.

Kobe has been a great father to his kids. Don't know why this statement was made with a reference to him as a father.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No 2nd round series went more than 5 games.

The playoffs need to be more interesting

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Lol. There's more to come, especially since your Celtics are advancing.

Congrats & GO LeBron ---------> runs

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Kobe has been a great father to his kids. Don't know why this statement was made with a reference to him as a father.
lol. Not trying to rile anyone up but it's pretty hard to call Kobe after going to trial for sexual assault that was at the very least a very public cheating on his wife the same kind of father as LeBron.

I am aware Kobe doubled down on husband and father duties in many cases since and I wish him him the best with that.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I believe Lebron is either staying in Cleveland or going to Philadelphia.
IF Philly trades for Kawhi/Murray with say Simmons and Fultz then you have LeBron, Kawhi, Embiid, Murray, Belinelli.

If LeBron goes to Philly I don't see them simply replacing Redick with LeBron and being the best team in basketball but they might be in the East.
My guess is it'd take the usual 2-3 vets added that LeBron has required at prior stops.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
lol. Not trying to rile anyone up but it's pretty hard to call Kobe after going to trial for sexual assault that was at the very least a very public cheating on his wife the same kind of father as LeBron.

I am aware Kobe doubled down on husband and father duties in many cases since and I wish him him the best with that.

Go ask Kobe's kids what kind of father he has been.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Go ask Kobe's kids what kind of father he has been.
Like that's even possible. The ridiculousness of that answer shows how unhinged your opinion on this matter is. You know you can't defend Kobe so you say stupid stuff like that? I normally respect your opinion so please stop.