NBA Playoffs

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There goes the Harden out-of-control mode, committing fouls, turning it over and throwing up stupid shots :(

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
They should and they'd be right...

Steph's career #'s
43.6% 3-PT
51.3% 2-PT
90.3% FT

R. Miller:
39.5% 3-PT
51.6% 2-PT
88.8% FT

R. Allen:
40% 3-PT
48.5% 2-PT
89.4% FT

Can't compare different eras. Today, you can't handcheck players like they did when Allen/Miller played when defenses were more physical. Or when players had to fight thru screens to get an open shot.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Can't compare different eras. Today, you can't handcheck players like they did when Allen/Miller played when defenses were more physical. Or when players had to fight thru screens to get an open shot.

Try again.

Hand check rule has been around since 1994.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
You're misinformed.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-50-with-the-hand-check-rules-in-place#slide0

But if you find comfort in the "I don't care what the facts are. I know what I remember!" defense, you do you.

I am TALKING about what refs ALLOW now vs what they did back when Allen/Miller played, and the type of physical defenses they played against. Is that too hard to understand. Deal with it. And are you bringing up an acticle when Jordan played (defenses he faced), vs the defenses Curry faces today? Get real.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Ehh, the Rockets came out and were up big early...that had to be a big boost of confidence for them knowing that they can score on the Warriors even without CP3. Role players play better at home, I don't think they will look bad like they did in the 2nd half tonight. The Rockets and Celtics should be feeling good, game 7s are usually won by the home team and if the Rockets are worried, the team they're playing is the last one to lose at home :laugh:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I am TALKING about what refs ALLOW now vs what they did back when Allen/Miller played, and the type of physical defenses they played against. Is that too hard to understand. Deal with it. And are you bringing up an acticle when Jordan played (defenses he faced), vs the defenses Curry faces today? Get real.

Yeah, you didn't read the article. The hand check rule was clarified in 1994 and amended in 2004 to what it currently still is today. Ray Allen played until 2014, so the "it was a different era" argument doesn't have any factual legs to stand on.

You're making a generic blanket argument "the refs allow less than what they did back then" that can't be substantiated. I've been watching the NBA since Danny Ainge was shooting 3's for the Celts and Jack freakin' Sikma was still in the league; it's not nearly the gladiator arena you're trying to make it out to be.

I get it. You're a Spurs fan and hate the Warriors because they've owned your team in recent history and therefore you feel obliged to try to discredit anything or anyone related to them.

*BTW, Sean Elliott was my favorite player in junior high

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Anyways, the Warriors have a huge challenge trying to beat the Rockets in Houston. If they end up beating the Dubs I can't hate on them because they've played great ball (especially on defense). That's tough for me to say because I can't stand Harden's game and hate watching Chris Paul succeed.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anyways, the Warriors have a huge challenge trying to beat the Rockets in Houston. If they end up beating the Dubs I can't hate on them because they've played great ball (especially on defense). That's tough for me to say because I can't stand Harden's game and hate watching Chris Paul succeed.

I think GS has this, Houston isn't deep enough and CP will not be close to 100%. I can't stand Hardens' game either and I stand by my prediction in that he will never win a title as the centerpiece :(

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
2 game 7's so ummmm just like we all drew up huh? LOL

Last night was crazy. Rockets were on fire and out in front early then just wilted.
Could see those 5 or 6 dudes they played all just get dead legs at once.

ghst187

Reaction score

Last night was crazy. Rockets were on fire and out in front early then just wilted.

Lol, funny that ref that came out and talked about point shaving and fixing games went away as fast as a story can die. Yet here we are again ironically, with the NBAs marketing dream scenario....hard to imagine a rockets-Celtics finals matchup when another Lebron vs Curry/Durant would be so enticing. Although Celtics warriors would pit coasts against coasts and the celts have tradition on their side. The only team that doesn’t fit for the NBA profitability maximized is Houston, so book that. Man I hope I’m wrong but sometimes the NBA is as predictable as the WWE.

StylisticS

Reaction score

D'Antoni brought in Joe Johnson for the first time in this series to either give them a spark or to try to increase the rotation. If it's the former, then Houston is going to have a very short bench tomorrow night and they get tired quick. In fact, they look tired in the 2nd half. They spent most of their energy in that first quarter going up 39-22 and completely wilted after that. It's crazy they were outscored by nearly 50 after the first. Without Paul or even with Paul being only 50%, I can see a repeat of game 6 between SA/Hou last year. I think for Houston to win, they are going to have to win in a shootout. If they play effective defense with that short rotation, I don't see how they aren't spent in the 2nd half.

Good news for Houston though is Igoudala may still not play in game 7.

Last edited:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Has to be the worse offensive performance by a home team in the history of the NBA playoffs.

They are getting one open look after another and can't hit squat.

Smart, Morris and Brown are 10-42, including 4-25 from 3, total choke job by the Cs young players.

Last edited:

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
They'll be back, they need Kyrie and Hayward for their offense. They really deserve credit for getting this close although it's disappointing to drop Game 7 at home.