NBA Season (18-19)

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Well, was game one just one game, or a sign of things to come?

I said Toronto's defense would give GS problems. Toronto was deflecting passes....disrupting. The only thing that kept GS in this game was the refs.

Should have been a blow out.

If you have been following the playoffs @ all...you know if your going to win the title...your going to have to beat the Warriors and the refs combined.

As if the Warriors need the help....but they get more calls...non calls than any team in NBA history.

The Raptor fans were incredible tonight. Now the series starts...If Toronto can win Sunday...I think they got a real chance to win it all. Toronto matches up well w/ GS.

And in all honestly...Leonard didn't play all that well....nor did Lowery.

Pascal Siakam owns Draymond Green. PS could get any shot he wanted...and took advantage. Toronto should have even pushed that matchup even more...to get Green in foul trouble. GS isn't the same without Green.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Just watched the post game show w/ Barkley...and Isaiah Thomas....

Usually can't stand Chuck...but he nailed something tonight...saying how GS switches everything on defense....and Toronto is patient enough to get the match up they want ...down low....and they take advantage of it.

You see teams get Curry in the post...and they kick out for a bad shot...all the time. A smart team would take advantage of that twirp under the basket...and get him in foul trouble.

If GS is gonna keep switching on D....I can see Toronto taking advantage.:rolleyes:

phildadon86

Reaction score
I said Toronto's defense would give GS problems. Toronto was deflecting passes....disrupting. The only thing that kept GS in this game was the refs.

Should have been a blow out.

If you have been following the playoffs @ all...you know if your going to win the title...your going to have to beat the Warriors and the refs combined.

As if the Warriors need the help....but they get more calls...non calls than any team in NBA history.

The Raptor fans were incredible tonight. Now the series starts...If Toronto can win Sunday...I think they got a real chance to win it all. Toronto matches up well w/ GS.

And in all honestly...Leonard didn't play all that well....nor did Lowery.

Pascal Siakam owns Draymond Green. PS could get any shot he wanted...and took advantage. Toronto should have even pushed that matchup even more...to get Green in foul trouble. GS isn't the same without Green.
I'm happy someone not in toronto saw the referees trying everything they could to keep GSW in the game. It was a disgrace

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm happy someone not in toronto saw the referees trying everything they could to keep GSW in the game. It was a disgrace

Please.

Off the top I can think of the BS call on Iguodala when Siakem just flat-out missed a dunk. There was also no call on Leonard when he straight up pushed Iguodala down onto the court.

The Warriors had 31 FT attempts to the Raptors 32.

The Warriors had 27 personal fouls to the Raptors 26.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Please.

Off the top I can think of the BS call on Iguodala when Siakem just flat-out missed a dunk. There was also no call on Leonard when he straight up pushed Iguodala down onto the court.

The Warriors had 31 FT attempts to the Raptors 32.

The Warriors had 27 personal fouls to the Raptors 26.
I'm not saying Raptors didnt benefit from no calls. I'm just saying that GSW got the benefit of good refs as they always do. I can name you a lot more than 2 times when no calls screwed us. I dont care about final numbers I care about when they happen in the game. Giannis travelled more last series than I have ever seen..not once did he get called. Please stop

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm not saying Raptors didnt benefit from no calls. I'm just saying that GSW got the benefit of good refs as they always do. I can name you a lot more than 2 times when no calls screwed us. I dont care about final numbers I care about when they happen in the game. Giannis travelled more last series than I have ever seen..not once did he get called. Please stop

And the Raptors got the benefit of “good” calls last night.

Let me guess....”yeah, but they didn’t happen at critical times.”

Lol, you don’t care about final numbers, smh.

Of course you. It doesn’t fit your narrative.

phildadon86

Reaction score
And the Raptors got the benefit of “good” calls last night.

Let me guess....”yeah, but they didn’t happen at critical times.”

Lol, you don’t care about final numbers, smh.

Of course you. It doesn’t fit your narrative.
The Raptors got the benefit of the calls. In one game in the last decade. You want to go back in time and watch Raptors games as much as I have seeing us getting blatantly disrespected game in game out? Probably not. Because you have watched 5 Raptors games in your life..

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The Raptors got the benefit of the calls. In one game in the last decade. You want to go back in time and watch Raptors games as much as I have seeing us getting blatantly disrespected game in game out? Probably not. Because you have watched 5 Raptors games in your life..

“The Raptors got the benefit of the calls. In one game in the last decade.”

Yeah, you sound well-reasoned and rationale, lol.

phildadon86

Reaction score
“The Raptors got the benefit of the calls. In one game in the last decade.”

Yeah, you sound well-reasoned and rationale, lol.
Coming from the guy discussing the Lakers who aren't in the playoffs when the Raptors made their first finals appearance in franchise history. Yet I'm the one being unreasonable

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Coming from the guy discussing the Lakers who aren't in the playoffs when the Raptors made their first finals appearance in franchise history. Yet I'm the one being unreasonable

Lol, I’m discussing the Lakers now?

Even though I wasn’t you’re only proving my point.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Game 2

Warriors
23 FTA
26 PF (called against)

Raptors
26 FTA
22 PF (called against)

“We wuz robbed!”

phildadon86

Reaction score
Game 2

Warriors
23 FTA
26 PF (called against)

Raptors
26 FTA
22 PF (called against)

“We wuz robbed!”
You really are dense arent you? Again. The total number doesnt reflect what went down. Before half there was 4 Raptors already in foul trouble. Not to mention the fact that they would call one thing against the Raptors then completely disregard the exact same play at the other end. Constantly. When American commentators are in agreement it's not just one fan crying about the referees. Its blatantly obvious. I watch a lot of basketball. I know missed calls happen. But they seem to happen a lot more to the team from the north.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Good series. About as I expected tbh.
GSW injuries piling up but they still have so much firepower.
GSW can survive scoring droughts but TOR really can't.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You really are dense arent you? Again. The total number doesnt reflect what went down. Before half there was 4 Raptors already in foul trouble. Not to mention the fact that they would call one thing against the Raptors then completely disregard the exact same play at the other end. Constantly. When American commentators are in agreement it's not just one fan crying about the referees. Its blatantly obvious. I watch a lot of basketball. I know missed calls happen. But they seem to happen a lot more to the team from the north.

Yeah, I watch a lot of basketball. Referring sucks across the board. If you think the league is biased against just the Raptors which is effectively what you claimed in an earlier post you’re simply naive.

Maybe you completely forgot how the refs were under fire/scrutiny at the start of the postseason. This isn’t new. You just have an inferiority complex that makes you think the league is specifically conspiring against you. Our fans (Cowboys) do the very same thing.

And showing total FTs and PFs does absolutely speak to balance and fairness. The FACTS are the refs have called more PFs on the Warriors and Raptors have shot more FTs through two games this series.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think GSW needs KD back by Game 4, in order to win the series. It has been almost a month that he has missed.

Particularly with Looney now out they need KD’s length to help in the paint/perimeter against guys like Siakham (sp?).