NBA Season 23-24

Jayinem

Reaction score
They'll probably hire Doc Rivers who only won one time a long time ago with a super team, is basically Mike McCarthy of the NBA.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Only 2 games last night, but both were great, felt like playoff basketball. Warriors vs Nuggets, great game and Joker with the crazy game winner was nuts. The Bucks vs Spurs, Bucks have the second best and Spurs have second worse records, but it was the battle of the freaks, Greek vs French and came down to the wire. It was like watching Godzilla vs Ghidorah, it was like one long highlight reel.....

Wemby Still looking like a future HOFer to me. Spurs feel free to get some talent next to him.

Just finished his rookie first half season at 19 yrs old with
28 minutes per game, 20.3 pts, 10 reb, 3.2 blocks, 3 TOs
46.4% FG but in January was as high as 52%! Gone up to 24 ppg in Jan with only 25 minutes Per game!

Some comparisons to previous 19 year olds
- Kobe, second season, 26 min, 15.4 ppg, 43% FG, 3.1 reb, 2.8 ast, 2 TOs
- Garnett, rookie, 29 min, 10.4 ppg, 49% FG, 4 Reb, 1.6 block, 1.4 TOs
- Lebron, rookie, 40 min, 21 ppg, 42% FG, 5.5 Reb, 5.9 ast, 3.5 TOs

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Wemby Still looking like a future HOFer to me. Spurs feel free to get some talent next to him.

Just finished his rookie first half season at 19 yrs old with
28 minutes per game, 20.3 pts, 10 reb, 3.2 blocks, 3 TOs
46.4% FG but in January was as high as 52%! Gone up to 24 ppg in Jan with only 25 minutes Per game!

Some comparisons to previous 19 year olds
- Kobe, second season, 26 min, 15.4 ppg, 43% FG, 3.1 reb, 2.8 ast, 2 TOs
- Garnett, rookie, 29 min, 10.4 ppg, 49% FG, 4 Reb, 1.6 block, 1.4 TOs
- Lebron, rookie, 40 min, 21 ppg, 42% FG, 5.5 Reb, 5.9 ast, 3.5 TOs
They will, just seems like a lot of impatient people wanting the Spurs to go waste a bunch of picks in season to get players that will only help them win now. This is a learning year for Wemby and the Spurs, it's tough to sit through the losses, but still fun watching him play. Right now the current roster is playing for who will be part of the future, should be an interesting off season.

dmaschuck

Reaction score
LAHugRb.jpg

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
OG Anunoby has been ridiculously good for NY
The +/- for him individually is something I've never seen from a NY player
Through his first five he was a + 111

Tonight against Denver he was a +38
Wing defenders are sooooo valuable in todays NBA. Its a wing league now and to do anything against the elites, you need ro slow wings. OG is one of the better wing defenders in the NBA. Plus he is good enough offensively to be a top 3 scorer on a contender. Miami is taking a nap right now, but they will be back before the playoffs ( or maybe like last year THE playoffs). Any real contender in the East is going to have to slow Giannis, Tatum, Brown, and Butler. You guys can really do that now.

I think you guys still have one more move in you with the Fourier contract. This is the last year teams can combine salaries. You can easily take almost 40 million on without hurting depth too much. Fournier, Harvestein and Divnincenzo are about 39 I think

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Heading into the trade deadline, the Celtics don't look to be major players. I think they are likely to make a move, but its going for an 8th or 9th man type. They have a 6+ mil TPE from Grant Williams, which is likely what they are working with. If they want to spend picks (have a ton of 2nds), they can cobble together salaries as long as they can reroute some to a 3rd team

A few names that they have rumored to have looked at are John Konchar and Jeasean Tate, who fit into the TPE, Kelly Olynik who doesnt (12m). The Olynik possibility is interesting more for for the fact that it could point to them being willing to make a more aggressive and complicated trade. They are still looking im that low end MLE range. Might be on the lookout for another Derrick White type trade

Celtics trade deadline looks to be pretty boring nationally, but pretty interesting for its fans. All in all not a ton they need to do. #1 in net rating and top 2 in both offensive and defensive rating. They're top 7 is pretty set, however outside of Pritchard (who is coming on) depth is weak and inexperienced. Personally Id like to see them use the TPE, and make a conciliatory trade to get a more veteran rotation and depth

Jayinem

Reaction score
Kidd says Luka is greatest Mav of all time ahead of Dirk?

I do not agree, maybe if he wins a championship that would change my mind. Dirk should've had two but they got screwed against the Heat in 2006. A ref went to prison for fixing games and Dwayne Wade set the record for most free throws in a Finals.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Like the current Spurs rotation. Thought they would beat Washington the other night but noticeable difference lately and more wins. Let Tre run the point. Champagne and Sochan upfront and KJ off the bench. Still need a huge boost of starter talent around Wemby but it’s something.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So far not a ton of fireworks at the deadline. Smaller rotational deals going down. Still a ton of time left though. Some thoughts

- Good 2024 move by OKC getting Heyward. He is not the All Star he was, and he gets nicked up alot. However he is still a good two way player. If he is healthy in the playoffs, he will help alot. OKC could also be a fit for him to sign with as well

- Hield to Philadelphia is interesting. Quietly one of the best 3 point shooters ever (check the stats). Embiid should be back for the playoffs, and Hield could make them very dangerous. They also get his Bird rights, so Hield could be a long terms fit

- Olynik to Toronto makes no sense. They arent going anywhere this year, he is a FA at the end of the season and they gave up a 1st

- Xavier Tillman is quitely a very strong move for Boston. Outside 4/5 defender and defensive playmaker (gets alot of stocks). Has done very well making stars lifes hell. Shut Davis down in the playoffs last year

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
NY when healthy is deep and still imo well positioned to land a superstar in the future

C: Isiah Hartenstein
PF: Julius Randle, Precious Achiuwa
SF: OG Anunoby, Josh Hart
SG: Brogdan Bogdanovic, Josh Hart, Alec Burks
PG: Jalen Brunson, Miles McBride

And we might even get Mitchell Robinson back
We could bring in a huge salary with Randle + Bogdanovic + Burks + several FRPs

ghst187

Reaction score
So far not a ton of fireworks at the deadline. Smaller rotational deals going down. Still a ton of time left though. Some thoughts

- Good 2024 move by OKC getting Heyward. He is not the All Star he was, and he gets nicked up alot. However he is still a good two way player. If he is healthy in the playoffs, he will help alot. OKC could also be a fit for him to sign with as well

- Hield to Philadelphia is interesting. Quietly one of the best 3 point shooters ever (check the stats). Embiid should be back for the playoffs, and Hield could make them very dangerous. They also get his Bird rights, so Hield could be a long terms fit

- Olynik to Toronto makes no sense. They arent going anywhere this year, he is a FA at the end of the season and they gave up a 1st

- Xavier Tillman is quitely a very strong move for Boston. Outside 4/5 defender and defensive playmaker (gets alot of stocks). Has done very well making stars lifes hell. Shut Davis down in the playoffs last year
Loved the OKC move, however would’ve liked them to bring in someone who can rebound as they are getting butchered on the boards. That person would’ve also ideally been able to man up against the bigs like Davis in the playoffs. Was hoping for a trade with the Bulls for Vucevik.
Hayward is nice but I think the position less roster is gonna bite them in the playoffs.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ed the OKC move, however would’ve liked them to bring in someone who can rebound as they are getting butchered on the boards. That person would’ve also ideally been able to man up against the bigs like Davis in the playoffs. Was hoping for a trade with the Bulls for Vucevik.
Hayward is nice but I think the position less roster is gonna bite them in the playoffs.
This year is likely going to be a "how far can we go with what we have" year for OKC. First playoff appearance for this group. I dont think they have a real shot at going all the way right now. Very important step in team building though. They are in a great position not only with pics, but they have developed an army of players that will be highly valued in any trade they might make. If I was to slap money down on who would be the 2024/25 favorite in the West it would be OKC

Holmgren will make positionless work for them long term. You really need an All Star wing to really make it work. If I had to guess where they look in the offseason, it would be there. They have the ammo to get that without moving Giddy. Although he isnt much of a defender, Giddy's ability to be a wing and a handler is big for any positionless roster

Jayinem

Reaction score
I love what the Mavs did at the trade deadline trading for PJ Washington and Daniel Gafford, then last night they absolutely destroyed OKC one of the best teams. They're suddenly a dangerous team. They haven't had a center rotation this good since the championship season. They pretty much are set at every position although I wish Dinwiddie chose to come back but he went to the Lakers, but that would have been a luxury just to have a third ball handler.

Luka
Kyrie
Dereck Lively
PJ Washington
Derrick Jones Jr.
Daniel Gafford
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Dante Exum
Josh Green
Maxi Kieber
Jaden Hardy

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They will, just seems like a lot of impatient people wanting the Spurs to go waste a bunch of picks in season to get players that will only help them win now. This is a learning year for Wemby and the Spurs, it's tough to sit through the losses, but still fun watching him play. Right now the current roster is playing for who will be part of the future, should be an interesting off season.
Best thing they can do it be patient and put some talent around him via the draft. It sucks but once they start to get good it'll be really hard to go back bad.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I love what the Mavs did at the trade deadline trading for PJ Washington and Daniel Gafford, then last night they absolutely destroyed OKC one of the best teams. They're suddenly a dangerous team. They haven't had a center rotation this good since the championship season. They pretty much are set at every position although I wish Dinwiddie chose to come back but he went to the Lakers, but that would have been a luxury just to have a third ball handler.

Luka
Kyrie
Dereck Lively
PJ Washington
Derrick Jones Jr.
Daniel Gafford
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Dante Exum
Josh Green
Maxi Kieber
Jaden Hardy
The Mavs had an A+ trade deadline.
They got bigger, more athletic and more versatile.
They thrashed OKC by 35 while making two less 3s than the Thunder.
Obviously 1 game is 1 game but that Dallas defense was obviously improved and easy to see.
Saw some media grade them in the C range and immediately knew who didn't actually study the trades.
A 1RP and 2 pick swaps was very little to lose to move off 2 bad contracts of guys who were not helping the rotation.
Grant seemed a good fit but his lack of height and inability to drive the basket was an albatross that was a long-term commitment.
Holmes was the best athlete they had at the 5 but never knew what to do on offense where the only ask was to pick and roll or cut to the basket for lobs.
The pick and swaps would mean more if Dallas was trading for 30-year-olds but these guys are both 25 with upside still.
This was a full on roster makeover with severe needs addressed.
Mavs were all but desperate so to get this insane fit without giving up Hardy or Green was truly hard to fathom.

Mavs fans gave those 2 role players a standing ovation.
Basic fans understood how good the trade was, media has 0 excuse.