Neighborhood watch captain kills black teen - doesn't get arrested

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4473081 said:
alright call it closed minded if that's what you want to do. Again why should I or anyone believe the word of a department who won't even make an arrest and let the court system handle it?

Not all Police are truthful and honest with what they are saying and it can be considered "Close minded" to think that the Police are 100% honest, truthful, and innocent all of the time and that they never lie or commit injustice themselves

Noryb;4473096 said:
Did you hear the 911 tapes? That was Trayvon yelling for help.

I wouldn't waste my time on this guy anymore, gentlemen. It's clear his mind won't be changed and he'll continue to ignore plain evidence staring him in the face because it doesn't fit his agenda.

Take the high road and walk away.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Noryb;4473111 said:
Furthermore, ABC News reported on Tuesday that one of the responding officers “corrected a witness after she told him that she heard the teen cry for help.” And The Miami Herald published an article on Thursday that said three witnesses had heard the “desperate wail of a child, a gunshot, and then silence.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/17/opinion/blow-the-curious-case-of-trayvon-martin.html

one of the three gave sworn testimony that differs from what they told the media

If it comes down to one entity sensationalizing, or being deceptive, I'll go with the media being guilty over the police 10 times out of 10.

as for a desperate wail, I imagine even an attacker is going to sound a bit different once they see the person on the ground drawing a gun.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
CowboyMike;4473116 said:
I wouldn't waste my time on this guy anymore, gentlemen. It's clear his mind won't be changed and he'll continue to ignore plain evidence staring him in the face because it doesn't fit his agenda.

Take the high road and walk away, and let this troll die.

how am I a troll exactly?

for not buying the media sensationalism?

Noryb

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4473097 said:
how do you figure?

In my opinion it sounds like a young child.

You hear the person yelling for help and then you hear a gunshot. After that there is complete silence, no more screams of desperation. The yelling stops the exact moment of the gunshot, which makes me believe that the person who got shot was the one who was yelling for help.

If I'm in a struggle and I'm reaching for my gun, I'm not yelling for help. Help is a trigger away. I'm concentrating on pulling the trigger.

Noryb

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4473120 said:
one of the three gave sworn testimony that differs from what they told the media

If it comes down to one entity sensationalizing, or being deceptive, I'll go with the media being guilty over the police 10 times out of 10.

as for a desperate wail, I imagine even an attacker is going to sound a bit different once they see the person on the ground drawing a gun.

Again have you listened to the tapes? The wailing was done by the same person calling for help.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Noryb;4473126 said:
In my opinion it sounds like a young child.

a 17 year old is not a young child.

without knowing what this young man sounds like, claiming it is him indicates to me not to trust your instincts.

Noryb

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4473147 said:

without knowing what this young man sounds like, claiming it is him indicates to me not to trust your instincts.

OK young adult, whatever!

My instincts may be off but sounds like a young african-american male to me. It surely doesn't sound like GZ.

That being said, I would surely be able to recognize the screams of my own son as Trayvon's parents did.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
**Please stop the namecalling in this thread**

Regardless of the differing opinions, it's been able to keep going because of the lack of personal attacks ans whatnot.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
This situation has reminded me of how much I loathe Al Sharpton. I'm watching him talk on MSNBC about this and he is such a disgusting race-baiting waste of oxygen. His very existence sets back race relations on a daily basis.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4473147 said:

His Parents Know what he sounds like though unless you think they are lying or that a parent is not going to know their own childs voice.

As I see it sounds like a Young Man's voice. Already hearing GZ's voice when he called 911 it does not sound like him. Find it odd that the screams stopped exactly when the gun shot went off.

Voice experts can use the 911 calls to see if that was really GZ as he claims that it was him and not Trayvon

Noryb

Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4473405 said:
His Parents Know what he sounds like though unless you think they are lying or that a parent is not going to know their own childs voice.

As I see it sounds like a Young Man's voice. Already hearing GZ's voice when he called 911 it does not sound like him. Find it odd that the screams stopped exactly when the gun shot went off.

Voice experts can use the 911 calls to see if that was really GZ as he claims that it was him and not Trayvon

"It's heart-wrenching, because those actually were my son's last words," said Trayvon's father. "And to hear his last words being cries of help, is devastating. It tears me apart as a father."

The state attorney's office also said a voice analysis would be conducted on 911 calls from the night of the shooting to determine who was yelling for help.

If it's determined that it was Trayvon's voice, case closed!

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4472818 said:
How does any of what you wrote pertain to what I wrote

...you said you weren't sure if they could press charges. I just said they could press charges because probable cause for arrest is relatively a low standard to arrest someone on. That, and it's arbitrary and/or ambiguous to whoever applies it.

Eric_Boyer;4472865 said:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ing-zimmerman-letter-20120315,0,1716605.story

more to the story is coming out, and it just might make the majority of you look like huge .

I don't think this is about the race card. I think it's about a reckless murder, or at least manslaughter.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4473125 said:
how am I a troll exactly?

for not buying the media sensationalism?

you chose to play the devils advocate.

don't pick and choose how people react.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
iceberg;4473541 said:
you chose to play the devils advocate.

don't pick and choose how people react.

I don't think my presence in this thread warrants a personal attack like being called a troll

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4473546 said:
I don't think my presence in this thread warrants a personal attack like being called a troll

then stop begging for a reaction then getting mad you got one.

you sound like zimmerman.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4473549 said:
Begging for a reaction?

yea.

you said you were playing the devils advocate and at that point i was cool with it.

now you get all butthurt you got an extreme response.

you've not been what most people would regard as rational in this discussion. you've been pushing people to think "outside the box".

you get called names when you do that.

accept it or shut up.

your call.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
iceberg;4473554 said:
yea.

you said you were playing the devils advocate and at that point i was cool with it.

now you get all butthurt you got an extreme response.

you've not been what most people would regard as rational in this discussion. you've been pushing people to think "outside the box".

you get called names when you do that.

accept it or shut up.

your call.

Remaining on the fence while arguing a position opposite everyone is not troll like. I'm fairly certain the mod warning relates to the troll usage, so perhaps you should shut up.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4473567 said:
Remaining on the fence while arguing a position opposite everyone is not troll like. I'm fairly certain the mod warning relates to the troll usage, so perhaps you should shut up.

i should shut up according to you.

but a killer has rights.

way to go fonzie.