Neighborhood watch captain kills black teen - doesn't get arrested

rantanamo

Reaction score
Wow, the kids body was taken to a medical examiner's office, where they had his cell phone and didn't contact the family for 3 days. They drug tested his body and not Zimmerman's. Trayvon's family was frantically searching for him during that entire time. Wow at the details of this case. This is just pathetic. There should be pure outrage.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It sure looks like the cops wrote the kid off as a criminal from the very beginning.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
speedkilz88;4473616 said:
It sure looks like the cops wrote the kid off as a criminal from the very beginning.

Especially since they never attempted to identify Trayvon nor try to find his family. Only when his family pushed for him to be found did the police make an effort to connect the dots. And even then they showed his father a picture of him with blood seeping out of his mouth so he could identify him, as if to imply that he was a criminal. Tasteless.

This case is equally about the corruption in the police department as it is about whether Zimmerman is guilty or not.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The more I hear about this case ....... the more it looks like this kid was outright murdered.

I think the most likely scenario is that Zimmerman tried to illegally "arrest" or "detain" the kid, he resisted (because the guy was not a cop)....... was about to pull away ...... and Zimmerman (who always wanted to be a real policeman) shot him.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
zrinkill;4473817 said:
The more I hear about this case ....... the more it looks like this kid was outright murdered.

everything you hear is coming from the family of the deceased, of course it would sound that way. the police and Zimmerman are not vetting their position in public

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
iceberg;4473568 said:
i should shut up according to you.

but a killer has rights.

way to go fonzie.

presumed killers have their full rights, and even convicted killers retain some rights

any more sophomorics potsie?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Tried to stay away from this thread until I got more info and the more I hear the more I have to say this man should be arrested and face murder charges.

One thing that keeps sticking in my head is the 911 call when the operater tells him do not follow him and they would send a patrol out there. Instead he takes it on his own to follow this kid who by all accounts was just walking down the street.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Eric_Boyer;4473834 said:
everything you hear is coming from the family of the deceased

Nope ..... I heard the 911 call and I read about this guys background.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
CowboyMike;4473631 said:
Especially since they never attempted to identify Trayvon nor try to find his family. Only when his family pushed for him to be found did the police make an effort to connect the dots. And even then they showed his father a picture of him with blood seeping out of his mouth so he could identify him, as if to imply that he was a criminal. Tasteless.

This case is equally about the corruption in the police department as it is about whether Zimmerman is guilty or not.

Which is why I wont trust any thing that they claim. They are saying whatever they need to in order to cover up themselves. Who knows what evidence was tampered with or lost because they just assumed that Zimmerman was telling the truth and that Trayvon was guilty. If all Police Departments just took the word of the Killer without doing an arrest or an proper investigation there would be a lot of people getting off for murder.

Because a lot of murderers will lie and deny that they killed in Cold Blood. Like I said they are acting more like a Defense team for Zimmerman than an actual Police Department. WHo wants a Police Department like that "Protecting" their county/town?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
zrinkill;4473843 said:
Nope ..... I heard the 911 call and I read about this guys background.

The funny thing is that the police department said that the 911 tapes were evidence that Zimmerman in fact acted in self defense, and used that as a basis for not making an arrest. After the tapes were finally released, it shows even more in favor of Zimmerman NOT acting in self defense, but rather Travon Martin acting in self defense.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Sanford commission votes no confidence against police chief in Trayvon Martin case

SANFORD, Fla -- The many missteps in the Trayvon Martin investigation that may cost this small town’s police chief his job started with semantics.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/...ission-votes-no-confidence.html#storylink=cpy

Edit: After reading that article, I simply cannot believe the shoddy work that was being done by the SPD. Everyone involved needs to be fired.

Noryb

Reaction score
rantanamo;4473611 said:
Wow, the kids body was taken to a medical examiner's office, where they had his cell phone and didn't contact the family for 3 days. They drug tested his body and not Zimmerman's. Trayvon's family was frantically searching for him during that entire time. Wow at the details of this case. This is just pathetic. There should be pure outrage.

They tested him for drugs because Zimmerman said it looked like he was on drugs. They ran a back ground check on him because Zimmerman said he was up to no good. They told Trayvon's parents Zimmerman had a squeaky clean record because Zimmerman told them he did.

I think Zimmerman was the lead detective on this case.

Noryb

Reaction score
JonJon;4473859 said:
The funny thing is that the police department said that the 911 tapes were evidence that Zimmerman in fact acted in self defense, and used that as a basis for not making an arrest. After the tapes were finally released, it shows even more in favor of Zimmerman NOT acting in self defense, but rather Travon Martin acting in self defense.

Which is why they didn't want to release the tapes. Now they are even admitting that they might have missed Zimmerman muttering a racial slur on the call....

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Noryb;4473873 said:
They tested him for drugs because Zimmerman said it looked like he was on drugs. They ran a back ground check on him because Zimmerman said he was up to no good. They told Trayvon's parents Zimmerman had a squeaky clean record because Zimmerman told them he did.

I think Zimmerman was the lead detective in this case.

That's just sad. Those guys over at the SPD have no idea what they are doing. Like I said, very shoddy work.

Noryb

Reaction score
JonJon;4473884 said:
That's just sad. Those guys over at the SPD have no idea what they are doing. Like I said, very shoddy work.

I think that's the main reason people are upset. Zimmerman is a nut, I think we can all agree to that. Unfortunately nuts exist in our society. It's the way the SPD handled the case that's upsetting. Taking three days to notify his parents is totally inexcusable.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
I have to admit the more that comes out the more it looks like the guilt falls squarely upon Zimmerman and, possibly to an even greater degree, the police department.

I do wish the media would stop making this some huge racial issue however. A teenager was unjustly killed, why dishonor his life (and death) by selfishly using him as a platform for faux racial outrage?

If Zimmerman was ANYTHING but white or Trayvon was ANYTHING but black this would purely be about a man killing a young boy, and that fact is just as sad as any racial bias that may have played a part in this tragedy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4473913 said:
I have to admit the more that comes out the more it looks like the guilt falls squarely upon Zimmerman and, possibly to an even greater degree, the police department.

I do wish the media would stop making this some huge racial issue however. A teenager was unjustly killed, why dishonor his life (and death) by selfishly using him as a platform for faux racial outrage?

If Zimmerman was ANYTHING but white or Trayvon was ANYTHING but black this would purely be about a man killing a young boy, and that fact is just as sad as any racial bias that may have played a part in this tragedy.

I agree with you. I don't see this as a black/white issue I see this as an unjustified murder. I could careless the color of the gunman or the victim what I do care about is a young man lost his life because of the actions of this so called watch captain and the police in my view botched this thing so bad that heads should roll

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4473913 said:

This is because the reason Treyvon was targeted was because he was black and in the wrong place at the wrong time. If I wore a hoodie walking through that neighborhood, Zimmerman would not have reported me as suspicious. I know that for a fact.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
VietCowboy;4473926 said:
This is because the reason Treyvon was targeted was because he was black and in the wrong place at the wrong time. If I wore a hoodie walking through that neighborhood, Zimmerman would not have reported me as suspicious. I know that for a fact.

You don't know that as a fact. You may believe it but tell me how could you prove it?

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4473939 said:
You don't know that as a fact. You may believe it but tell me how could you prove it?

Yes I do. I've lived in shady neighborhoods and not once have I ever been followed or have had the police called on me. You may believe whatever you want, but I have read the statistics and have never heard of an Asian woman being thought she was acting suspicious just walking down the street at night.

If Zimmerman feels threatened enough to call the police on me, an asian woman half his size, that would be beyond ridiculous. He would have already exhibited more extreme paranoia against anybody, not just bully his neighbors.