Neighborhood watch captain kills black teen - doesn't get arrested

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4475661 said:
Since all of this has become such a big story, I am surprised someone hasn't followed Zimmerman around, shot him dead, then claimed it was in self defense.

I say that sarcastically but I would not be shocked if it did happen.

he is in hiding because he has received such threats

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
joseephuss;4475693 said:
I don't think it puts it to bed. The idiocy is only if someone thinks the police gave him a direct order, which did not happen. They did however suggest he did not need to follow the kid. That does mean something. It may not mean everything and means more than nothing. Something in the middle, which does not put it to bed.

It means squat in relation to this case.

Zimmerman wasn't a police detective, so I don't see how you can jump to that conclusion.

You don’t know how I come to the conclusion that unclothed police can be legally attacked if Zimmerman is allowed to be legally attacked?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4475733 said:
It means squat in relation to this case.

You don’t know how I come to the conclusion that unclothed police can be legally attacked if Zimmerman is allowed to be legally attacked?

It does mean more than squat. A suggestion was made and not followed. That holds some power. Sure it isn't as bad as ignoring a strong, direct order, but it does matter. I don't see how it cannot matter at all. It is not one extreme or another.

No, I don't see how you jump to that conclusion. One is an actual police detective and one(Zimmerman) is not. Different situations. It would also be a different situation if one detective identifies himself as such and another does not. Specifics matter more than generalities.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4475661 said:
Since all of this has become such a big story, I am surprised someone hasn't followed Zimmerman around, shot him dead, then claimed it was in self defense.

That really brings up a good point about the whole "fear for your life" thing. Now that this story has come out, lets say a kid is walking at night and sees Zimmerman nearby looking at him, and starts to approach the kid with his weapon on him. Knowing what just recently took place, would the kid be within his right to fear for his life, pull out a gun and kill Zimmerman?

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
joseephuss;4475748 said:
It does mean more than squat. A suggestion was made and not followed. That holds some power. Sure it isn't as bad as ignoring a strong, direct order, but it does matter. I don't see how it cannot matter at all. It is not one extreme or another.

The police chief is on record stating it holds no power.

No, I don't see how you jump to that conclusion. One is an actual police detective and one(Zimmerman) is not. Different situations. It would also be a different situation if one detective identifies himself as such and another does not. Specifics matter more than generalities.

If I am allowed to attack a person that is following me, how would I know they were detectives? Since you are arguing that I can lawfully attack someone following me, this also applies to detectives up to the point they identify themselves as detectives.

So it is commons sense to assume that your view of what is law would make it more dangerous to be a detective. Fortunately, you are so far removed from reality it is almost scary

DFWJC

Reaction score
I heard the 9-1-1 calls last night on TV and some more background and detail than I had heard before.

The picture is less cut and dry, but it still seems clear that Zimmerman overstepped his bounds and then things escalated. He murdered the dude...2nd degree.

BTW. Both involved were minorites. I know many here have gotten away from the racial angle and that's probably a good thing. There may have been racial undertones; but it was not a black and white thing like the OP seems to be leading us to believe.
One guy was clearly Hispanic and the other was Black. The shooter, from what I can tell never mentioned race until asked by the 9-1-1 operator.

He murdered him regardless. But given the circumstances, I'll be suprsied if he is prosecuted fully for murder.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
DFWJC;4475777 said:
BTW. Both involved were minorites. I know many here have gotten away from the racial angle and that's probably a good thing..

The irony is that if Zimmerman ultimately gets charges, his defense teams is going to be able to have a heyday with this racism angle.

Zimmerman is a minority. The police did a horrible job gathering evidence that night. I think we all agree on this component of the case.

if it ultimately is Zimmerman being charges, they can point out the police department, made up exclusively of white and black officers did not bother to collect any evidence that would of exonerated the minority Latino.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4475661 said:

No, I could pick a fight with him (it's not hard at all since he seems hot-tempered), then the minute he pushes me take out my gun and shoot him. I could fear for my life because of precedent, he had shot someone before after a fight.

Zimmerman better watch out for the rest of his life. Anyone he gets in an argument with in Florida will easily, and I mean easily, claim self-defense because they feared for their life knowing Zimmerman has shot someone dead before during a fight.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
VietCowboy;4475797 said:
No, I could pick a fight with him (it's not hard at all since he seems hot-tempered), then the minute he pushes me take out my gun and shoot him. I could fear for my life because of precedent, he had shot someone before after a fight.

Zimmerman better watch out for the rest of his life. Anyone he gets in an argument with in Florida will easily, and I mean easily, claim self-defense because they feared for their life knowing Zimmerman has shot someone dead before during a fight.

I am bookmarking this post just in case you shoot zimmerman I can say it was premeditated and have the proof of your plan. ;) :p:

VietCowboy

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4475793 said:
The irony is that if Zimmerman ultimately gets charges, his defense teams is going to be able to have a heyday with this racism angle.

Zimmerman is a minority. The police did a horrible job gathering evidence that night. I think we all agree on this component of the case.

if it ultimately is Zimmerman being charges, they can point out the police department, made up exclusively of white and black officers did not bother to collect any evidence that would of exonerated the minority Latino.

You are talking out of our behind again with that last paragraph. I am in a Latina sorority, and have significant ties to Latinos. I can say they all want justice for Treyvon, not GZ.

VietCowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4475805 said:
I am bookmarking this post just in case you shoot zimmerman I can say it was premeditated and have the proof of your plan. ;) :p:

But, I'm never stepping foot in Florida because someone can do that to me, so it is moot. :p:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
VietCowboy;4475810 said:
But, I'm never stepping foot in Florida because someone can do that to me, so it is moot. :p:

I am going in December.

3 weeks in Disney World.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
VietCowboy;4475810 said:

I am thinking about moving to Florida. Might put some chlorine in the gene pool down there by shooting people in self defense.

Oops...now people have proof of my plan. :p:

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
VietCowboy;4475808 said:
You are talking out of our behind again with that last paragraph. I am in a Latina sorority, and have significant ties to Latinos. I can say they all want justice for Treyvon, not GZ.

the person giving absolute statement is almost always the one talking out of his arse.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;4475815 said:
I am going in December.

3 weeks in Disney World.

Shoot that dirty Mickey Mouse...claim self defense. :laugh2:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4475758 said:
The police chief is on record stating it holds no power.

If I am allowed to attack a person that is following me, how would I know they were detectives? Since you are arguing that I can lawfully attack someone following me, this also applies to detectives up to the point they identify themselves as detectives.

So it is commons sense to assume that your view of what is law would make it more dangerous to be a detective. Fortunately, you are so far removed from reality it is almost scary

It would all depend on if the detective showed his Badge. I would say that if a strange person is following you, you'd have good reason to be on alert or afraid that this person could do something to you.

SOme people do follow others to rape, kidnap, abduct, assault, and kill others. So yes a person being followed by someone strange has good reason to be in fight or flight mode.

I don't see why someone would have a good reason to follow someone else. Not like "we are just going in the same direction or location." But someone who follows to watch a person or follows them every where because it creepy behavior

A person is followed and cornered by someone they don't know and seriously shouldn't have reason to be on guard or afraid of their life?

Is Zimmerman still defending himself if that's Trayvon screaming on the 911 tape?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BrAinPaiNt;4475824 said:
Shoot that dirty Mickey Mouse...claim self defense. :laugh2:

I cant ...... he is white and black ...... I would get assaulted by both sides.

mickey_mouse_1117.jpg

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
VietCowboy;4475797 said:

Any young Black Male can shoot Zimmerman if he approaches them and acts like a wanna be cop and kills GZ and claim Self Defense before he can shot them and claim Self Defense?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;4475831 said:
I cant ...... he is white and black ...... I would get assaulted by both sides.

mickey_mouse_1117.jpg

So what a killing is a killing, race has nothing to do with it...so I have been told.;)

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4475826 said:
It would all depend on if the detective showed his Badge. I would say that if a strange person is following you, you'd have good reason to be on alert or afraid that this person could do something to you.

those poor undercover cops are in a real bind. so now they have to expose their identity just so that we can dream up some new rules to make Zimmerman fry.