Neighborhood watch captain kills black teen - doesn't get arrested

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eric_Boyer;4475837 said:
those poor undercover cops are in a real bind. so now they have to expose their identity just so that we can dream up some new rules to make Zimmerman fry.

I don't think anyone has to make up any rules to find zimmerman guilty. They just need some competent police and investigation work.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BrAinPaiNt;4475835 said:
So what a killing is a killing, race has nothing to do with it...so I have been told.;)

And he is animal ....... so i would have animal rights people after me as well.

To much heat man

aa_1961_ferrari_spyder_ferris_buellers_crash.jpg

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please keep posts in this thread on-topic .. if you want to discuss other topics, please make a new thread.

#reality

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4475840 said:
I don't think anyone has to make up any rules to find zimmerman guilty. They just need some competent police and investigation work.

that ship sailed, and I am not sure it would of even mattered. the eye witness that matters most got distracted by his dog at moment we most needed his eye witness testimony

this is going to be another Casey Anthony trial. the media is going to discuss things that aren't factual, or admissible, and the country will be shocked when a not guilty verdict is ruled.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
DFWJC;4475777 said:
I heard the 9-1-1 calls last night on TV and some more background and detail than I had heard before.

The picture is less cut and dry, but it still seems clear that Zimmerman overstepped his bounds and then things escalated. He murdered the dude...2nd degree.

BTW. Both involved were minorites. I know many here have gotten away from the racial angle and that's probably a good thing. There may have been racial undertones; but it was not a black and white thing like the OP seems to be leading us to believe.
One guy was clearly Hispanic and the other was Black. The shooter, from what I can tell never mentioned race until asked by the 9-1-1 operator.

He murdered him regardless. But given the circumstances, I'll be suprsied if he is prosecuted fully for murder.

Several media reports I have read are now calling him a White Latino... my wife, who is a Latina, said that would be considered a slur in her native country...

Does that make our president White African-American?

Really poor judgement on the media's part to stoke the fires of white/black racism...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4475834 said:
Any young Black Male can shoot Zimmerman if he approaches them and acts like a wanna be cop and kills GZ and claim Self Defense before he can shot them and claim Self Defense?
If the young black male was the head of a his neighborhood watch group, was well known (and liked?) by the cops, and had helped them dozens of times in the past, then...maybe...they would at least be hesitant to prosecute.

I'm not at all defending this overzealous shooter. I'm just trying to paint the picture from the cops standpoint.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4475837 said:
those poor undercover cops are in a real bind. so now they have to expose their identity just so that we can dream up some new rules to make Zimmerman fry.

Zimmerman is not a undercover Detective. So he had no legal rights to treat others like criminals, or play Cop and question why someone is in the Neighborhood. Would a Detective put himself in danger in an undercover situation by actually confronting the "Suspect" and ask him questions like he is a cop.

The whole point of being undercover in the first place is so that the "suspects" don't know that you are a cop, so why would an Undercover detective ask any kind of questions or confront someone in any kind of way that could reveal that he is a cop?

GZ is not a cop or detective. ANd even when a cop kills someone they are required to turn their gun in and GZ was allowed to keep his gun.

Again if it's Trayvon screaming for help is GZ still "Defending" himself?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eric_Boyer;4475848 said:
that ship sailed, and I am not sure it would of even mattered. the eye witness that matters most got distracted by his dog at moment we most needed his eye witness testimony

this is going to be another Casey Anthony trial. the media is going to discuss things that aren't factual, or admissible, and the country will be shocked when a not guilty verdict is ruled.

I agree.

At the very least maybe it will prevent him from doing this again and maybe prevent someone else from doing it.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Reality;4475844 said:
Please keep posts in this thread on-topic .. if you want to discuss other topics, please make a new thread.

#reality

Is this about me mentioning Disney world?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4475834 said:
Any young Black Male can shoot Zimmerman if he approaches them and acts like a wanna be cop and kills GZ and claim Self Defense before he can shot them and claim Self Defense?

I'd give the black guy good odds of getting off in this situation, yes.

JBond

Reaction score
The phony outrage exhibited by some members of this board and by many black "leaders" is a complete joke! Now these pathetically stupid leaders are calling for retaliation! Dumb *****. Anything to make a dime and get their name in the spotlight.

I live in Kansas City. Unfortunately this city leads the nation in black on black murders. No outrage...

A little kid had gasoline dumped on him and then he was lit on fire because he was white. Outrage?.....barley a peep.

Week after week there have been stories reported of attacks by blacks against whites, and these attacks are simply over skin color...Where is the outrage?

Personly I don't give two ****s what color your skin happens to be, but apperantly many do. How about this....There are very bad people in the world of every ethnicity and skin tone. Do what needs to be done to the bad ones and stop making everything about race.

This story would not have grabbed the attention of the nation if a black man had shot another black man. The phony outrage only accurs when the shooter happens to be white. A sad statement on our society.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
DFWJC;4475854 said:
If the young black male was the head of a his neighborhood watch group, was well known (and liked?) by the cops, and had helped them dozens of times in the past, then...maybe...they would at least be hesitant to prosecute.

I'm not at all defending this overzealous shooter. I'm just trying to paint the picture from the cops standpoint.

I see what you are saying but knowing that Zimmerman assumed that the Kid was up to no good and if GZ targeted him because he was Black then would other Young Black Males but a reason to fear that GZ will profile them as "Up to no good" and approach them with a Gun?

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4475855 said:
Zimmerman is not a undercover Detective. So he had no legal rights to treat others like criminals, or play Cop and question why someone is in the Neighborhood.

Wrong. I think every state in the union still has citizen arrest laws on the books, and 1st amendment rights allows me to ask you what you are doing on a public street.

Would a Detective put himself in danger in an undercover situation by actually confronting the "Suspect" and ask him questions like he is a cop.

Zimmerman did not initiate the confrontation based on what the girlfriend is saying, the teen did.

Again if it's Trayvon screaming for help is GZ still "Defending" himself?

It would put a huge dent in Zimmermans claim. forenics can help, said so many, many times.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
DFWJC;4475012 said:
Yeah, the BS in this story is overwhelming.

I think of my young son and how he means the whole world to me.....
if that was my kid that got killed, well, I can't even imagine the emotions.

I think I would just enter into a full blown rage period after the initial emotion wore off. I can't swear that I wouldnt try and kill the guy myself.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
JBond;4475868 said:
The phony outrage exhibited by some members of this board and by many black "leaders" is a complete joke! Now these pathetically stupid leaders are calling for retaliation! Dumb *****. Anything to make a dime and get their name in the spotlight.

I live in Kansas City. Unfortunately this city leads the nation in black on black murders. No outrage...

A little kid had gasoline dumped on him and then he was lit on fire because he was white. Outrage?.....barley a peep.

Week after week there have been stories reported of attacks by black against whites, and these attacks are simply over skin color...Where is the outrage?

Personly I don't give two ****s what color your skin happens to be, but apperantly many do. How about this....There are very bad people in the world of every ethnicity and skin tone. Do what needs to be done to the bad ones and stop making everything about race.

This story would not have grabbed the attention of the nation if a black man had shot another black man. The phony outrage only accurs when the shooter happens to be white. A sad statement on our society.

Are any of those who have attacked or killed walking around free without so much as an arrest. Did the cops just take their word that they didn't commit these acts and let them go free without an proper investigation?

Because that is the big part of all of the outrage GZ was not even arrested. If a Black man had shot a Black man what are the odds that he be walking free without an arrest or that the cops wouldn't have a warrant out for his arrest?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;4475862 said:
Is this about me mentioning Disney world?

It was not directed at anyone in particular. The users with opinions on both sides have done a good job so far of maintaining respect while vigorously debating and defending their opinions.

I do not want to see people who have very little or no vested emotional interest in this thread take advantage by trying to inject OT comments, discussions and humor that is not funny to those debating this topic. They are free to make their own threads for those topics.

#reality

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4475872 said:
Wrong. I think every state in the union still has citizen arrest laws on the books, and 1st amendment rights allows me to ask you what you are doing on a public street.

Zimmerman did not initiate the confrontation based on what the girlfriend is saying, the teen did.

It would put a huge dent in Zimmermans claim. forenics can help, said so many, many times.

How did the Kid initiate the confrontation exactly?

More than one Neighborhood watch person has said that it's the job of the watch people to WATCH and report any suspicious activity to the cops and let them handle it. They also have said that Neighborhood watch people are not suppose to be armed with weapons like a gun

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4475875 said:
Are any of those who have attacked or killed walking around free without so much as an arrest. Did the cops just take their word that they didn't commit these acts and let them go free without an proper investigation?

Because that is the big part of all of the outrage GZ was not even arrested. If a Black man had shot a Black man what are the odds that he be walking free without an arrest or that the cops wouldn't have a warrant out for his arrest?

:clap2: