Neighborhood watch captain kills black teen - doesn't get arrested

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4476483 said:
I can't imagine any scenario where Trayvon is at fault for his own death.

Wow, I sure can. I can come up with many scenarios that blame the teen.

Of course, I was once a teenage boy with a problem with authority figures. If some wannabe cop asked me what I was doing on a public street, and I was having a bad day, I might of decided to teach the punk a lesson in minding his own business.

I would have been in the wrong of course, and if they guy I decided to teach a lesson to was armed, I would deserve what happened next.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4476353 said:
This is a little more an elaborate testimony then I have heard previously:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...led-in-neighborhood-altercation#ixzz1phFMGCu4

"The guy on the bottom, who had a red sweater on, was yelling to me, 'Help! Help!' and I told him to stop, and I was calling 911," said the witness, who asked to be identified only by his first name, John.

John said he locked his patio door, ran upstairs and heard at least one gun shot.

"And then, when I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on the top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point."

Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...led-in-neighborhood-altercation#ixzz1py79XfPk

Eric_Boyer;4476361 said:

The Examiner is basically Bleacher Report. Written by average people without much more than opinion.

While the article you posted brings a supposedly unheard witness to the picture, it also has Zimmerman's age incorrect.

I'm interested in why this witness hasn't gotten more attention. It was initially written almost the day after and while it's been updated since, I wonder if this witness has since been discredited because neither side has said a single thing about him.

JBond

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4476479 said:
So you won't post until then?

No, but I will ignore the baseless speculation. My scenario is just as plausible as anything else thrown out there. That is why I did it. Anyone can say anything. The facts will come to light and then we can re-visit the topic.

Hoof...It is not like you to jump on a bandwagon and follow popular opinion without having a good grasp on the facts. I'm a bit surprised.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
JBond;4476513 said:
No, but I will ignore the baseless speculation. My scenario is just as plausible as anything else thrown out there. That is why I did it. Anyone can say anything. The facts will come to light and then we can re-visit the topic.

Hoof...It is not like you to jump on a bandwagon and follow popular opinion without having a good grasp on the facts. I'm a bit surprised.

My opinion is based on the fact that the entire situation is a result of some baseless suspicion on the part of Zimmerman.

If he was getting his *** handed to him by the kid, I still don't think it absolves him from taking a life.

I just don't buy the "self-defense" claim when you put yourself into a situation. I think it's completely irrational for someone to be the catalyst for an altercation and claim self-defense when they shoot and kill the other party.

Regardless of who threw the first punch, he should be held accountable.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4476502 said:

Of course, I was once a teenage boy with a problem with authority figures. If some wannabe cop asked me what I was doing on a public street, and I was having a bad day, I might of decided to teach the punk a lesson in minding his own business.

I would have been in the wrong of course, and if they guy I decided to teach a lesson to was armed, I would deserve what happened next.

Okay we can't say that Zimmerman is guilty but it's Trayvon's fault that he's Dead and you know this for sure? Is this article 100% correct or just assumptions, like assuming that it was Trayvon on top of GZ.

Some people would choose to fight someone with a gun instead of standing there and letting the person with the gun shoot them. They may come up shot but they have the right to fight for their life.

SInce no one was there or inside Trayvon's mind we have no idea if he feared for his life against this strange man following him after Zimmerman said that he was running away and still choose to chase the Kid down and wonders why the Kid fights back

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4476524 said:
Okay we can't say that Zimmerman is guilty but it's Trayvon's fault that he's Dead and you know this for sure? Is this article 100% correct or just assumptions, like assuming that it was Trayvon on top of GZ.

where has eric said it's travyons fault?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
iceberg;4476527 said:
where has eric said it's travyons fault?

Maybe it's a misunderstanding but he said that he could come up with scenarios that would blame the teen. If I was wrong in what he was trying to say than I apologize for the misunderstanding.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eric_Boyer;4476502 said:

Like I said, I can't imagine any scenario where somehow Trayvon is at fault.

And even in the scenario you presented, I still wouldn't blame you for reacting that way if all things played out similarly.

Heck, I take a different route home if I think a car is following behind me for too many blocks. And if they continued to follow me, then I'd just re-route to a gas station. So I think it's only natural for someone to react aggressively if someone is suspiciously following them. There's no way you can judge that person's intent.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4476538 said:
Maybe it's a misunderstanding but he said that he could come up with scenarios that would blame the teen. If I was wrong in what he was trying to say than I apologize for the misunderstanding.

he's playing devils advocate and can cite how he feels it could have turned that way, not that he feels travyon is guilty/at fault. i'm more w/WG that i can't see how, but devils in the details.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
iceberg;4476547 said:
he's playing devils advocate and can cite how he feels it could have turned that way, not that he feels travyon is guilty/at fault. i'm more w/WG that i can't see how, but devils in the details.

Yeah I just thin that if "Stand your Ground" applies to anyone could it not apply to Trayvon? He tried to retreat from Zimmerman and Zimmerman invaded his personal space and Trayvon started to fight feeling threatened.

The law state that if a person has fear for their life they can use deadly force , if Trayvon did get the upper hand on GZ then he might have just intended to beat Zimmerman enough to stop any threat that he thought Zimmerman showed himself as.

It would be different if Trayvon went to Zimmerman's truck and pulled him out and started to beat him, that is closer to Stand yoru ground then getting out and chasing someone down.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4476474 said:
I don't know for 100% sure. What I think Trayvon would still be alive if Zimmerman waited and let the cops do their job.

I think that it's Trayvon's voice screaming for help on the tape and it they can break it down and prove that it's his and not Zimmerman's that all cases for Self Defense go out of the window because how can you claim self defense against someone clearly screaming out in terror for their life?

What we do know the screams for help stopped the very second the gun went off

http://news.yahoo.com/video/orlando...peak-out-in-trayvon-martin-case-28640523.html

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4476571 said:
The video was is not loading for me what does it say?

the father initially told the police that was not his sons voice screaming, it isn't coming from a random blog, it is coming from the PD

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4476539 said:
Like I said, I can't imagine any scenario where somehow Trayvon is at fault.

And even in the scenario you presented, I still wouldn't blame you for reacting that way if all things played out similarly.

Heck, I take a different route home if I think a car is following behind me for too many blocks. And if they continued to follow me, then I'd just re-route to a gas station. So I think it's only natural for someone to react aggressively if someone is suspiciously following them. There's no way you can judge that person's intent.

Do people not realize that Trayvon is dead? If he got punched in the face, yea I could imagine a situation where he deserved to get punched, but he's dead. There was no one out there that Trayvon could've been harrassing or hurting and unless a mixture of Arizona ice tea and skittles creates some weapon of mass destruction, Zimmerman had no right to shoot him.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4476574 said:
the father initially told the police that was not his sons voice screaming, it isn't coming from a random blog, it is coming from the PD

WHo makes those claims the SPD or the father himself? Because the SPD has also tried to dismiss other witnesses who said that they thought it was Trayvon's voice.

The parents have said that they thought that it was Trayvon's. Right now I'm not trusting anything the SPD has said that could be trying to cover up themselves. Perhaps they would be trustworthy if they had from the start followed all proper procedures instead of letting Zimmerman roam free.

If they didn't even bother to check Zimmerman for drugs or alcohol, but yet checked Trayvon's body, if they didn't test Zimmerman's gun and properly collect all evidence and then let the court systems handle it, then I don't take anything they say as fact.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4476586 said:
Do people not realize that Trayvon is dead? If he got punched in the face, yea I could imagine a situation where he deserved to get punched, but he's dead. There was no one out there that Trayvon could've been harrassing or hurting and unless a mixture of Arizona ice tea and skittles creates some weapon of mass destruction, Zimmerman had no right to shoot him.

so your argument isn't based on any known laws, just your own views on the proper place of guns in society.

you can certainly hold this opinion, but it is in no way, shape, or form, based on the actual law.

ROUSH8692

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4476710 said:
so your argument isn't based on any known laws, just your own views on the proper place of guns in society.

you can certainly hold this opinion, but it is in no way, shape, or form, based on the actual law.

Or.... a little something normal people have called common sense....

:bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4476588 said:
Because the SPD has also tried to dismiss other witnesses who said that they thought it was Trayvon's voice.

I only know of one person that claims this, but they also gave a sworn statement under oath that differs from what they told the media.

how is it you choose to give more credence to the testimony not under oath?

If you are simply saying that what the media says is true and what the police say is an exaggeration, I have to wonder how much you have been paying attention to those two entities in the last few decades?

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
ROUSH8692;4476716 said:
Or.... a little something normal people have called common sense....

:bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

anybody can say they have common sense.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4476723 said:
I only know of one person that claims this, but they also gave a sworn statement under oath that differs from what they told the media.

how is it you choose to give more credence to the testimony not under oath?

If you are simply saying that what the media says is true and what the police say is an exaggeration, I have to wonder how much you have been paying attention to those two entities in the last few decades?

I have a question. When were any witnesses under oath while giving statements?