Neighborhood watch captain kills black teen - doesn't get arrested

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4477114 said:
I thought without looking that the two reports were made on the same night. WOnder why the bloody nose wasn't put in the Police report earlier on.

I don't know if it's a common thing to do two reports. Yeah but it can be understood that it looks suspicious like it was added on to support GZ'z claims. I wonder why they didn't think about taking pictures of Zimmerman's injuries

we're all seeing flashes fed to us by the media and assuming they're right.

they're not.

Noryb

Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4477114 said:
I thought without looking that the two reports were made on the same night. WOnder why the bloody nose wasn't put in the Police report earlier on.

I don't know if it's a common thing to do two reports. Yeah but it can be understood that it looks suspicious like it was added on to support GZ'z claims. I wonder why they didn't think about taking pictures of Zimmerman's injuries

Honestly we don't know if they took pictures at the station or not. It would be nice to see the EMS report.

As first glance it does look as though officer Smith narrative was added a full week later though.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Noryb;4477117 said:
Honestly we don't know if they took pictures at the station or not. It would be nice to see the EMS report.

As first glance it does look as though officer Smith narrative was added a full week later though.

if you were visiting a new neighborhood and someone was asking who you were...

do you tell them
or fight them

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Noryb;4477117 said:

the problem with instant information is we tend to take it as fact.

not instant information.

Noryb

Reaction score
iceberg;4477118 said:
if you were visiting a new neighborhood and someone was asking who you were...

do you tell them
or fight them

Never talk to strangers!

Oh I don't doubt there was a fight. Again I have no problems with Trayvon fighting; he's young out late and thinks he is being followed. I also am of the opinion that at one point he was getting the best of Zimmerman and knocked him to the ground (which explains the bloody head) and punched him in the nose.

I'm just trying to make sense of how the actual fight started. I would also like to know if Martin sustained any injuries other than the obvious. Oh well in due time I guess....

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
iceberg;4477086 said:
i was wrong to make conclusions and from facts i heard tonight, have been buying into media hype.

bad berg.

the funny thing now is we have to keep in mind that the PR battle momentum has swung in the other direction.

everything being released now is from the PD, and is designed to maximize public opinions towards their actions and decisions.

but based on everything I now know, I can't see a jury convicting Zimmerman and don't think an arrest is justifiable.

even as a wannabe defense lawyer, I feel like I could put forth a solid defense based on the tapes and eye witness accounts thatjuros would find quite plausible.

1) he claims he was jumped and being beaten and calling for help.
2) his physical appearance matches this testimony and no solid witness is currently know to contradict it
3) he complained to cops that he was calling for help yet they didn't help
4) the adult male witness on scene also said he was calling for help, but rather then help in the fight went inside to call the cops
5) Zimmerman, not calling out for 9-11 help, as he already did that himself, felt hopeless now that the one person he saw did not respond to his pleas for help. he now decided that lethal force was necessary

Noryb

Reaction score
iceberg;4477121 said:
the problem with instant information is we tend to take it as fact.

not instant information.

I agree, it's best to let this play itself out, but April 10 is a long ways away. I'm like any other Cowboys fan, I'm impatient.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Noryb;4477124 said:
Never talk to strangers!

Oh I don't doubt there was a fight. Again I have no problems with Trayvon fighting; he's young out late and thinks he is being followed. I also am of the opinion that at one point he was getting the best of Zimmerman and knocked him to the ground (which explains the bloody head) and punched him in the nose.

I'm just trying to make sense of how the actual fight started. I would also like to know if Martin sustained any injuries other than the obvious. Oh well in due time I guess....

it really wasn't that late. the initial 911 call was around 7, and sunset was 7:20

Noryb

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4477125 said:
the funny thing now is we have to keep in mind that the PR battle momentum has swung in the other direction.

everything being released now is from the PD, and is designed to maximize public opinions towards their actions and decisions.

but based on everything I now know, I can't see a jury convicting Zimmerman and don't think an arrest is justifiable.

even as a wannabe defense lawyer, I feel like I could put forth a solid defense based on the tapes and eye witness accounts thatjuros would find quite plausible.

2) his physical appearance matches this testimony and no solid witness is currently know to contradict it
4) the adult male witness on scene also said he was calling for help, but rather then help in the fight went inside to call the cops
5) Zimmerman, not calling out for 9-11 help, as he already did that himself, felt hopeless now that the one person he saw did not respond to his pleas for help. he now decided that lethal force was necessary

You could also put up a solid self-defense case for Trayvon. That's the whole dilemma here. Scared teenager vs. paranoid profiling wanna be cop with a history of being aggressive and overzealous isn't as cut and dry as you may think.

I can easily see a jury sympathizing with Martin and finding Zimmerman guilty of manslaughter.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Noryb;4477124 said:
Never talk to strangers!

travyon was not living in that neighborhood.
high crime there.

don't play the extreme.

Noryb

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4477127 said:
it really wasn't that late. the initial 911 call was around 7, and sunset was 7:20

It was also raining, when it rains it my neighborhood the clouds usually block out the sun.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Noryb;4477134 said:
You could also put up a solid self-defense case for Trayvon. That's the whole dilemma here. Scared teenager vs. paranoid profiling wanna be cop with a history of being aggressive and overzealous isn't as cut and dry as you may think.

I can easily see a jury sympathizing with Martin and finding Zimmerman guilty of manslaughter.

this isn't a dilemma, Trayvon can't be charged for anything.

the only issue is if cause exists to arrest and charge Zimmerman with anything, and I guess what is to be done with the SPD

Noryb

Reaction score
iceberg;4477135 said:
travyon was not living in that neighborhood.
high crime there.

don't play the extreme.

Tell Trayvon that, he's the one who initially ran and then seconds later became Rambo!

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Noryb;4477138 said:
It was also raining, when it rains it my neighborhood the clouds usually block out the sun.

are we talking late, or dark? you said late initially, no?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4477125 said:

we all cry out the media is full of ****.

yet, they do shape how we think.

curious contradiction.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Noryb;4477141 said:
Tell Trayvon that, he's the one who initially ran and then seconds later became Rambo!

travyon was expelled from school for 5 days. that's why he was there to begin with.

in a gated community.

he was likely approached. asked who he was.

do you say you're visiting a friend or do you fight?

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
iceberg;4477143 said:
we all cry out the media is full of ****.

yet, they do shape how we think.

curious contradiction.

we?

dude, don't make me toot my own horn.

cause I will.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4477146 said:
we?

dude, don't make me toot my own horn.

cause I will.

hey - all i'm saying is i bought into the hype vs. stood the ground you did.

i was wrong. you said i'd not own up to my actions.

i do.

i was wrong.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Noryb;4477134 said:

what if all you do is voluneteer your time to protect what you love.

in a high crime area.

and you see a new face.

you let it go, or you ask who they are?

the response is crucial here. sorry.