Neighborhood watch captain kills black teen - doesn't get arrested

Noryb

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4477136 said:
The spot of the fight(death)

appears to be exactly where he told the cops his truck was parked.

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman.html

So it would even be easy to argue he didn't really offer any sort of chase, and his testimony in the initial 911 call also backs up his claim that he needed to look at a street sign to verify what road he was on.

I'm sure what you're trying to show.

Where was Trayvon's body found on that map and where was Zimmerman's car?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4477149 said:
Them deciding who's voice it was on the tape will play a big part.

yea. they don't know by now.

sorry - this is being blown out of proportion by "social media".

if you're gonna get this outraged at a wrongful death, you're gonna be busy.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Noryb;4477150 said:

you watch a neighborhood every night. you now who comes and goes.

it *is* a gated community.

you see a new face and you go ask who you are.

is your response part of the scenario?

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Noryb;4477150 said:

the map is where the body was found. Do you have a big red dot on it?

the full transcript has Zimmerman giving instructions on where to find him

If they come in through the gate, tell them to go straight past the club house, and uh, straight past the club house and make a left, and then they go past the mailboxes, that's my truck

that is the other thing. the media has us believing some great chase occurred, but look at the transcript, look at the girlfriends recount, and I don't see it being so clear.

they told him they don't need to chase. he says ok. they then proceed to discuss where to meet each other.

And even the girl friend testimony can't prove Zimmerman actually chased anyone

"He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man."

"I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run but he said he was not going to run," she said.

After a few minutes, the girl said, Martin thought he was safe. But eventually the man appeared again.

the girl is on the phone, not in person. Martin might of felt it was safe to turn back and that is how they met up, the girl, at least according to what we know she knows, can't really say otherwise.

Noryb

Reaction score
iceberg;4477145 said:
travyon was expelled from school for 5 days. that's why he was there to begin with.

in a gated community.

he was likely approached. asked who he was.

do you say you're visiting a friend or do you fight?

Zimmerman also has a history of beating women and fighting cops. And stop saying gated community it's an apartment complex with security gates. They have those is the hood. It doesn't mean it's a safe area. heck if it was Zimmerman wouldn't have been out patrolling. Obviously they have had problems with crime in the area. Maybe Martin knew this.

His girlfriend said Martin asked "why are you following me" and Zimmerman responded with "what are you doing around here".

Again nobody knows how the fight started but what we do know as a fact is that Martin was running away from Zimmeran approximately 60 secs before the fight started.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
No matter how the fight start a mother and father are still in pain over losing their son.

I think it's a dangerous trend to set that if you are losing a fist fight that you can just shoot and kill without question. Because some will abuse the 'Stand your ground' law to get away with a murder.

Noryb

Reaction score
iceberg;4477148 said:
what if all you do is voluneteer your time to protect what you love.

in a high crime area.

and you see a new face.

you let it go, or you ask who they are?

the response is crucial here. sorry.

You call it in and do what they teach you in the neighborhood watch program and what the 911 operator advised you to do.

If I'm visiting a friend, walking the public streets and a guy starts to follow me. He then gets out and questions me, I'm not answering his freaking question and I'm going to be belligerent about it too. Why, because I know he's not asking everybody that question.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4477162 said:
No matter how the fight start a mother and father are still in pain over losing their son.

I think it's a dangerous trend to set that if you are losing a fist fight that you can just shoot and kill without question. Because some will abuse the 'Stand your ground' law to get away with a murder.

your first statement was really good, then you had to ruin it with the second.

he isn't getting off simply because you can kill people that you are fighting.

and I really don't even see how this supposed stand your ground law is even applicable.

his defense isn't that he stood his ground. it's that he was beaten to the ground, calling for help, and used lethal force as a last resort after the person watching the beat down went inside (and redundantly called for 911)

Noryb

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4477158 said:
the map is where the body was found. Do you have a big red dot on it?

The body was found in the back of the apartments. There are street signs back there?

Edit: LOL, no Martin drug the 240 pound man back there after turning into Rambo and started whooping his ***.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4477165 said:
your first statement was really good, then you had to ruin it with the second.

he isn't getting off simply because you can kill people that you are fighting.

and I really don't even see how this supposed stand your ground law is even applicable.

his defense isn't that he stood his ground. it's that he was beaten to the ground, calling for help, and used lethal force as a last resort after the person watching the beat down went inside (and redundantly called for 911)

Some say that the Stand Your Ground Law is the reason why he could get off. The SPD saying that the law prevents them from arresting and charging Zimmerman is why others could try to abuse the Law to get off.

I'm talking about the mind set of those who can kill an unarmed person and claim Self Defense in hopes of not getting charged like Zimmerman wasn't charged.

Even if GZ's defense is how he was on the ground, I can still see others abusing the law if they get into a confrontation and provoke a physical fight and then shoot the person because they are mad that they are losing the fight and claim self defense thinking that if it worked for GZ it will work for them.

If it's true that they tested Trayvon's body for drugs and alcohol and not Zimmerman it shows that they automatically assumed that GZ was innocent and Trayvon guilty.

No matter how this case turns out the SPD handled this badly

Noryb

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4477158 said:
"He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man."

"I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run but he said he was not going to run," she said.

After a few minutes, the girl said, Martin thought he was safe. But eventually the man appeared again.

the girl is on the phone, not in person. Martin might of felt it was safe to turn back and that is how they met up, the girl, at least according to what we know she knows, can't really say otherwise.

Bingo, Martin simply ran to the back of the apartments and thought he lost him and stop running. Before Zimmeran hangs up the phone he says "Actually can you tell them to call me and I'll tell you where i'm at". Why, because he's still plan on looking for Martin. He catches up with him around the back.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Noryb;4477167 said:
The body was found in the back of the apartments. There are street signs back there?

the two apartments they list could easily put it at the bike path that extends directly from the road. show me the chalk lines, otherwise I can only deal with the general vicinity. I can't make out any mailboxes or street signs anywhere on the road either

this is what I said pages ago, to really know something, we need to know exactly where the truck is in relation to the body.

people are critical of the cops here, but they do actually have that info. Based on recent events, I expect them to release this info shortly as well (so long as it helps them in PR)

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4477177 said:
the two apartments they list could easily put it at the bike path that extends directly from the road. show me the chalk lines, otherwise I can only deal with the general vicinity. I can't make out any mailboxes or street signs anywhere on the road either

this is what I said pages ago, to really know something, we need to know exactly where the truck is in relation to the body.

people are critical of the cops here, but they do actually have that info. Based on recent events, I expect them to release this info shortly as well (so long as it helps them in PR)

Trayvon was only a short distance away from the apartment that he was staying at. So that could tell whether or not Zimmerman was going back to his truck or followed the Kid around the Apartments, if these Apartments are not close to where he parked his truck

Adding that according to some reports he was close to the apartment he was staying at

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Noryb;4477174 said:
Bingo, Martin simply ran to the back of the apartments and thought he lost him and stop running. Before Zimmerman hangs up the phone he says "Actually can you tell them to call me and I'll tell you where i'm at". Why, because he's still plan on looking for Martin. He catches up with him around the back.

he didn't know exactly where he was at. he told them to meet at the mailboxes because he had no street name or number to give.

he then tried to find a street sign, so when they called, he would be prepared better.

while looking for that street sign, he again rain into Trayvon, who jumped him, they rolled around on the ground, and died somewhere between those two long townhouses, all the time very close to his truck where he initially dialed 911

that is his defense obviously.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4477180 said:
he didn't know exactly where he was at. he told them to meet at the mailboxes because he had no street name or number to give.

he then tried to find a street sign, so when they called, he would be prepared better.

while looking for that street sign, he again rain into Trayvon, who jumped him, they rolled around on the ground, and died somewhere between those two long townhouses, all the time very close to his truck where he initially dialed 911

that is his defense obviously.

If the Girlfriend is right though, Trayvon quickened his pace when he saw GZ following, then he turned a corner Zimmerman was out of sight and then caught up to him and asked him what he was doing there.

SO he wasn't looking for the street sign, if the GF heard "What are you doing here" from GZ.

The SPD never even tried to interview the GF, I thought that Police departments check the Deads cell phone because it could clue them in to what might have went down

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4477183 said:
If the Girlfriend is right though, Trayvon quickened his pace when he saw GZ following, then he turned a corner Zimmerman was out of sight and then caught up to him and asked him what he was doing there.

SO he wasn't looking for the street sign, if the GF heard "What are you doing here" from GZ.

you are really reaching hard.

Zimmerman did not initiate the conversation, Trayvon did.. If he was looking for the sign, and surprisingly stumbled back on the guy, why wouldn't he respond to a question with his question? he just called the cops on the guy, I think his question was extremely relevant.

Noryb

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4477177 said:

I'm glad you brought this map into play. When GZ first sees TM they are by the club house, he gives the address as 111 Retreat View Cr. Shortly after this he says TM is running and later says he ran away towards the back.

TM simply ran down Twin Trees to the back walk way of the apartments that face Twin Trees and Retreat View Cr after both streets curve to the right. With ZM out of his sight he thinks he lost him and he probably stops to catch his breathe and continue talking to his girlfriend.

GZ doesn't give up though and follows him around the corner towards the back entrance just like he told the 911 dispatcher TM was heading. He catches up with ZM right there.

The very calm and polite GZ who just made statements such as "f**** ***holes they always get away" and "f****** (unintelligible)" and "something wrong with him, he's got something in his hands" politely asks "excuse me sir what are you doing around these neck of the woods?"

The previously terrified TM is infuriated by such a threatening question that he turns into Rambo. GZ sees this becomes scared and runs toward his car, but it's too late TM busts him in the back of the head and starts whopping his butt.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
does anybody know where the street sign thing came from initially?

I know I have mentioned it many times, and nobody challenged it, but now that we have the full police report, I am wondering where that came from.