New HC Meetings Happening!

cern

Reaction score
My point is, college coaches without NFL experience don't do well at this level.
I get that. my point is the exceptionally intelligent do better than average. it was also said former coach marv levy of buffalo was a genius and went to 4 superbowls in a row. of course he lost them all. at least one to jimmy.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Some people don't understand getting same ol same ol run downs,has beens and never was type coaches that litter NFL right now.

P.S. having NFL coaching experience is overrated IMO. Needs new blood and creativity. These college coaches have to deal with losing old talent and getting new talent everyday.nothing to sneeze at if they do it well. Urban Meyer has
Not to mention that they already know more than most NFL scouts when it comes to the hidden talent in the college ranks.

morat1959

Reaction score
I still don't understand this interest in Urban Meyer. The guy is sleezy. Covered up domestic violence for his coach for years. What the.....?

I would love to see Riley here, especially since we're likely stuck with Dak. He did wonders with Baker, Kyler, and Hurts, so maybe he's the quarterback whisperer we need for Dak.
Sounds like Meyer would fit perfect in Jerry’s world.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I still don't understand this interest in Urban Meyer. The guy is sleezy. Covered up domestic violence for his coach for years. What the.....?

I would love to see Riley here, especially since we're likely stuck with Dak. He did wonders with Baker, Kyler, and Hurts, so maybe he's the quarterback whisperer we need for Dak.

He's a great football coach..can he do it in the NFL? We don't know

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
So if this is happening whats the point in keeping Garret till the end of the year? So Jerry doesn't upset him?
So garret has to know if he doesn't make it to the SB he's done, especially if all these reports are out there.
We are still in contention, this team needs a spark. Jerry is willing to sacrifice the season then i guess.

As for Meyer, the health thing is definitely a concern. Its either gonna be really bad or really good. He'd have zeke in his corner right away at least, thats a positive.

Because Reds contract expires.
Makes the transition really simple.
No headlines that Jerry fired Jason, they will just announce the new head coach and it will be done with a simple press conference.
Its how the rich and lazy do business these days, haven't you heard?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I get that. my point is the exceptionally intelligent do better than average. it was also said former coach marv levy of buffalo was a genius and went to 4 superbowls in a row. of course he lost them all. at least one to jimmy.
I wish the powers that be could clone Marv Levy,, he might not have won those SBs, but that was one hell of a Coach!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
OK, name the head coach that is both an offensive and defensive guru and can fix all of a football team with his playbook.

Dak is not a good passing quarterback. Same went for Jalen Hurts. Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield were transfers. Look what Riley did with them. Two Heismans, two first overall picks, and a guy this year that can suddenly pass.

Can he do that with Dak?

He can then go find his Saleh type guy for DC.
Perfect example, Lamar Jackson supposedly isn't a good passing QB either, even though he does look good when I see him throw, but the pros say so.
The Ravens let Lamar be Lamar, that's the difference.
I don't believe the Cowboys let Dak be Dak, that's the problem, or at least a good place to start if I were anointed the next HC.
Build your team around the talent you have, don't try and wedge a square peg in a round hole.
This teams failure is a fundamental flaw that comes from the top...
Maybe Jerry says, Hey Jason,, I really don't want to get my franchise QB killed, we have the highest payed OL in the league that I pay for, you need to make that man more of a pocket passer.
I bet this team would be doing a little better right now if Dak was unleashed.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I wish the powers that be could clone Marv Levy,, he might not have won those SBs, but that was one hell of a Coach!

I'd take a clone of Seifert, Jimmy or Payton too. I'd give an honorable mention to Landry but he was too loyal to his players and would keep them around way past their prime...

ksadler1

Reaction score
Perfect example, Lamar Jackson supposedly isn't a good passing QB either, even though he does look good when I see him throw, but the pros say so.
The Ravens let Lamar be Lamar, that's the difference.
I don't believe the Cowboys let Dak be Dak, that's the problem.

I totally agree. You can tell Jackson has full authority to use all his talents...

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
I was listening to 105.3 the Fan and they had Jane Slater on and she shared that Stephen has had meetings with Urban Meyer, Lincoln Riley, and Tony Elliot.

She said she still believes JG will be a HC for another team in the league but that the writing is on the wall.

Just wanted to share!
This the happiest I’ve ever been after a loss

visionary

Reaction score

Riley is too young with too much to learn

he cannot handle a team of NFL players AND the Joneses

it has to be someone with a personality and skins on the wall

someone like BB or Meyer

erod

Reaction score
Riley is too young with too much to learn

he cannot handle a team of NFL players AND the Joneses

it has to be someone with a personality and skins on the wall

someone like BB or Meyer
What skin does Meyer have on the wall?

Name the last college coach who was successful in the NFL.

visionary

Reaction score
What skin does Meyer have on the wall?

Name the last college coach who was successful in the NFL.

So is Riley coming from the Pros?

Meyer has multiple college championships
The guy has changed the culture wherever he has gone and has left Ohio State in a great position when he left