NFC East remaining schedules and likely outcomes

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Giants remaining schedule 2-3, 7-9 (8-8 at best if they luck out a win over Jets):
L - Jets
W- Dolphins
L - Panthers
L - Vikings
W - Eagles

Commanders remaining schedule 1-4, 6-10 (or if they pull out a win vs. Bears or Bills, 2-3, 7-9):
L - Cowboys
L - Bears
L - Bills
W - Eagles
L - Cowboys

Eagles remaining schedule 0-5, 4-12 (non-factor, even if they luck out 2 wins, they suck):
L - Patriots
L - Bills
L - Cardinals
L - Commanders
L - Giants

Cowboys remaining schedule 4-1 (possibly 5-0), 7-9 / 8-8:
W - Commanders
L - Packers (possibly W, as they are on a 1-4 kick)
W - Jets -
W - Bills
W - Commanders

7-9 tie = we win (with 4-2 division record),
or 8-8 tie = we win (with 4-2 division record)
or 8-8 = win outright

This outcome is VERY feasible and is exactly what Sean Lee and the players are thinking right now.

NEVER Give Up!!

YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE are gonna sweep the Skins because we are the better TEAM !!!!!!
Yep and the sky is green.
Water is dry and I better log off...............

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
I don't think any fan wishes for the boys to lose I just don't think this team and coaches from stopping it from happening. This truly the lowpoint of the dallas cowboys franchise the last twenty years have been really bad but this year its just about as bad as it gets reminds me of 89 and there is no really good coach waiting in the wings to get u s out of it . This franchise is mired in losers mentality

You would be surprised about the number of 'Cowboys Fans' that want them to lose. I have been inundated with the most ludicrous comments about our situation.
We have a better shot than most people realize. To throw away a season because of a string of unfortunate razor thin losses is a quitter mentality. 89 doesn't really compare because we did not have the talent... this is effectively the same core that took us to the playoffs last year with a strong record. Losing TR was a serious blow, but now that Cassel has extended gameplay under his belt, we can overcome and put some wins together. He can play as well as Romo did against Miami, and that is all we need to beat these final 5 mediocre opponents. He will continue to improve and we can do some damage once we get in the playoffs. Mindset will be completely different with some wins under our belt. Confidence and momentum is all we need, the talent is there. Have some faith.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE are gonna sweep the Skins because we are the better TEAM !!!!!!
Yep and the sky is green.
Water is dry and I better log off...............

We ARE the better team... you'll see. Have a little faith. The skins are not that good. They beat the Giants for us, but look how awful the Gmen played. That game should give you plenty to be positive about. They are both beatable, and Cassel almost beat the Gmen in his first start, even after throwing those picks. WIthout Harris' lucky KO return at the end (how many times does that ever happen with Bailey kicking off?!), and Beasley's muff, we win that game.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
Giants will be 5-7 after the Jets beat them Sunday morning... the Skins will be 5-7 after we win Monday night... we will be 1 game out at that point. Is it really a stretch to make up a 1 game deficit with 4 to play? Come on

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Asked and repeatedly answered, see related posts

Your logic is that Cassel and the Boys are good enough to win at least 4 of the last 5 games based on the fact they're 0-3 already and the other three teams aren't good!!!!

We're in last place in a crappy division for a reason, they are bad but we're worse.

Cassel may have gone 11-5 in NE but we're a long way from being anyway near as good as NE was then or now for that matter.

And of course your logic is also assuming that the Giants, Eagles and the Skins can't get better.

Part of the title of you thread is "likely outcome" there's optimism based on sound logic and then there's hope and you're in the latter camp.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
Your logic is that Cassel and the Boys are good enough to win at least 4 of the last 5 games based on the fact they're 0-3 already and the other three teams aren't good!!!!

We're in last place in a crappy division for a reason, they are bad but we're worse.

Cassel may have gone 11-5 in NE but we're a long way from being anyway near as good as NE was then or now for that matter.

And of course your logic is also assuming that the Giants, Eagles and the Skins can't get better.

Part of the title of you thread is "likely outcome" there's optimism based on sound logic and then there's hope and you're in the latter camp.

"Your logic is .... based on the fact they're 0-3 already and the other three teams aren't good"

No it is not based on us BEING 0-3. It is based on how well we played in those (actually 4) losses with Cassel. If you read my posts on those games, it is based on the fact that we played well enough to win each of those games, but lost by razor thin margins due to several unfortunate happenings. (Giants: Harris' KO Return, Seahawks: loss by 1 in final minute, Eagles: OT loss, etc)

Cassel has improved week to week, and has the ability to play as good as Romo did vs. Miami (which wasn't that great) and led us to a 10 point win that should have been a 17 point win... Miami is as good as any of the teams we face in the next 5 games... and we pounded them. Yes we played like crap against the #1 seed, undefeated Panthers, but really only gave up 5 FGs (not counting the 2 pick sixes... without those, we are right there in position to win). And Cassel drove down the field against them and led that 2nd TD scoring drive.

We are every bit as talented as the 2008 Patriots. Flip a couple of ridiculous outcomes (2 OT losses, a 1 point loss, a 4 point loss (holding opponent to 10), the Harris KO return for TD loss, etc), and we are leading this division handily. The Giants are leading with at least 2 miraculously lucky last second wins, or else they are in our same boat. Same with the Skins.

I for one am not giving up on our Boys, as they will be one game out of first after this weekend (with 4 to play). Not a high hurdle to overcome.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
"Your logic is .... based on the fact they're 0-3 already and the other three teams aren't good"

No it is not based on us BEING 0-3. It is based on how well we played in those (actually 4) losses with Cassel. If you read my posts on those games, it is based on the fact that we played well enough to win each of those games, but lost by razor thin margins due to several unfortunate happenings. (Giants: Harris' KO Return, Seahawks: loss by 1 in final minute, Eagles: OT loss, etc)

Cassel has improved week to week, and has the ability to play as good as Romo did vs. Miami (which wasn't that great) and led us to a 10 point win that should have been a 17 point win... Miami is as good as any of the teams we face in the next 5 games... and we pounded them. Yes we played like crap against the #1 seed, undefeated Panthers, but really only gave up 5 FGs (not counting the 2 pick sixes... without those, we are right there in position to win). And Cassel drove down the field against them and led that 2nd TD scoring drive.

We are every bit as talented as the 2008 Patriots. Flip a couple of ridiculous outcomes (2 OT losses, a 1 point loss, a 4 point loss (holding opponent to 10), the Harris KO return for TD loss, etc), and we are leading this division handily. The Giants are leading with at least 2 miraculously lucky last second wins, or else they are in our same boat. Same with the Skins.

I for one am not giving up on our Boys, as they will be one game out of first after this weekend (with 4 to play). Not a high hurdle to overcome.

If we had played well enough to win those games, guess what? we would have won those games but we didn't which is pretty much the story of this organization over the last 20 years.

Close but no cigar.

dfense

Reaction score
Well, on the brighter side, 4th place schedule next year.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Have you been drinking Kool Aid? We couldn't beat the Bucs man. I'm not putting any team as a cake walk without Romo.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
we are not winning another game this season with Matt Trashel

The skins will lose to Bills and Bears

Giants will lose to the Panthers, Vikings, and Jets

Eagles will lose to Pats, Bills, Cardinals and Skins

Final Outcome

Skins 8-8
Giants-7-9
Eagles-5-11
Cowboys-3-13

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
we are not winning another game this season with Matt Trashel

The skins will lose to Bills and Bears

Giants will lose to the Panthers, Vikings, and Jets

Eagles will lose to Pats, Bills, Cardinals and Skins

Final Outcome

Skins 8-8
Giants-7-9
Eagles-5-11
Cowboys-3-13

Wrong

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
If I am right will you cancel your internet service and leave this board forever?

Wow, you must live in misery. So only negative people are allowed on here?
When I am proven right, will you leave the board forever? Doubt it.
Do you feel better spreading negativity?
Misery loves company so I'm told.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Wow, you must live in misery. So only negative people are allowed on here?
When I am proven right, will you leave the board forever? Doubt it.
Do you feel better spreading negativity?
Misery loves company so I'm told.

Yes I will because I am 286% sure we won't win another game this season