NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Best chance for this to go away is if Henderson decides to drop it. It would certainly be enough for Elliott to stop fighting.

Exactly..........HH should vacate the suspension and that takes Zeke's lawyers out of the picture and they could maybe make some concessions to the NFLPA to get them to back off also.

Worst case for league is a court battle where internal notes are made public.

Reaction score
I think that their best chance is to just admit there were mistakes made and vacate the entire suspension. I don't think Elliott fights anything after that.
as another poster mentioned, this is now bigger than Zeke. If all this is true, the NFL is now exposed. Justice w/i its discipline process is not what the NFL seeks, it's the outcome that bests fits its agenda and brings the most perception approval. NFLPA should have a field day with the aftermath

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Sports fans are funny (myself included) if Zeke played for let's say the Giants, would we still be defending him?
You know what I would because I can't stand Goodell and don't like what he's doing to the league. Hated what he did to the Saints too and I should have been on Brady's side because this is bigger than he is. This concerns all players and one thing is for sure, Goodell has no problem going against anybody.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
This is the thing I ask: Who decided to exclude Roberts? If it was a combination of Goodell and the honorable Giants fan, all those folks who always thought there was a conspiracy against the Cowboys - they were right all along.

Friel admitted it was her and the advisory committee that decided to exclude Roberts and her report.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I think that their best chance is to just admit there were mistakes made and vacate the entire suspension. I don't think Elliott fights anything after that.
Donb't be so sure, DV is a serious charge to allege against someone. If untrue, it significantly damages his reputation and ability to earn money. The blatant and biased disrespect and suppression for the investigators findings is very serious and Zeke should take rabid Giants superfan Friel to the cleaners. You don't let someone who tried to ruin you off the hook.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
as another poster mentioned, this is now bigger than Zeke. If all this is true, the NFL is now exposed. Justice w/i its discipline process is not what the NFL seeks, it's the outcome that bests fits its agenda and brings the most perception approval. NFLPA should have a field day with the aftermath
I have to imagine that the last thing the NFL wants now is for this to end up in court. There must be a lot of high-level negotiations going on behind the scenes and, at this moment, Zeke has the upper hand. I can see Jerry Jones wading into the middle of this (as if he hasn't been involved already) as the white knight offering some sort of quid pro quo to make this go away.

I would live to be a fly on the wall at those negotiations.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Friel admitted it was her and the advisory committee that decided to exclude Roberts and her report.

... which protects Goodell.

They can claim he didn't know, but eventually the truth will come out that he wanted this decision - and they should make it happen any way they could.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Brilliant move by the NFLPA. It gives everyone (except Friel) an out if Henderson vacates this suspension. If he doesn't, the conspiracy investigation will only widen to include him and Goodell. It was mentioned that there was another NFL executive besides Roberts that was giving Jerry information. If that executive testifies, who knows where that will lead.

Goodell may survive this but he will be Commissioner in name only going forward. Jerry will be running the league.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to imagine that the last thing the NFL wants now is for this to end up in court. There must be a lot of high-level negotiations going on behind the scenes and, at this moment, Zeke has the upper hand. I can see Jerry Jones wading into the middle of this (as if he hasn't been involved already) as the white knight offering some sort of quid pro quo to make this go away.

I cannot see the NFLPA letting this go. There are a few years before the next CBA and the NFLPA has the NFL in its crosshairs and a large blinking "LOCKED ON" message alert blinking over and over.

At worst, the NFLPA has gained and will continue to bring a lot more public opinion over to their side in the NFL-NFLPA CBA negotiations, and at best, they may force the league with public pressure to finally remove Goodell (or any league-appointed commissioner) from handling player rulings and punishments without having to wait for the next CBA. At the very least, they may be able to get a court ruling that severely limits Goodell's authority in that area going forward.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Donb't be so sure, DV is a serious charge to allege against someone. If untrue, it significantly damages his reputation and ability to earn money. The blatant and biased disrespect and suppression for the investigators findings is very serious and Zeke should take rabid Giants superfan Friel to the cleaners. You don't let someone who tried to ruin you off the hook.

I think that she will fall for this. She has to. She's admitted that she suppressed information and that now gives Goodell and the NFL a target to point the finger at for this mess. I think she'll be fired (but not charged) and the league will issue an apology for her actions and they'll vow that they will change how player discipline is handled going forward.

It gets them out of this mess and potential future messes going forward and I think that's what they're ultimately looking for.

Just my opinion.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What's to "negotiate" at this point?
:huh:

bark

Reaction score
So has Goodell. he's an embarrassment.
As a born and breed native Texan, I never thought the idea of men and women using the same bathroom was a good idea. But if that's what it takes to get next years draft in Dallas well........
I'm getting a front row seat and booing goodell every second he's at the mic.
I'll be having my liver and onion/sardine sandwich of course where he can smell my stank breath. Hell I may even roll in some roadkill opossum on the way to the event.
Freaking unbelievable!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I cannot see the NFLPA letting this go. There are a few years before the next CBA and the NFLPA has the NFL in its crosshairs and a large blinking "LOCKED ON" message alert blinking over and over.

At worst, the NFLPA has gained and will continue to bring a lot more public opinion over to their side in the NFL-NFLPA CBA negotiations, and at best, they may force the league with public pressure to finally remove Goodell (or any league-appointed commissioner) from handling player rulings and punishments without having to wait for the next CBA. At the very least, they may be able to get a court ruling that severely limits Goodell's authority in that area going forward.

I think that Goodell and the league wants out of that anyway. I think this gives them the reason to get out. Friel will be the target of the corruption and the league will admit it was mishandled by her and look to have a third party handle things in the future.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Actually, I agree with you. If I am the NFLPA, I am not letting this go without major concessions - and not just for Zeke. This is hardball negotiations now and the NFLPA is in the driver's seat for the moment.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
What's to "negotiate" at this point?
:huh:

There are always things to negotiate until a final court decision is made. Zeke could agree to no court actions against the league if they vacate the suspension and retract any and all statements in which they alluded to him being guilty of DV. Jerry could get into the negotiations telling Goodell he will agree to a extension of his contract if Friel is fired and made the scapegoat. Who knows but everything is negotiable.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There are always things to negotiate until a final court decision is made. Zeke could agree to no court actions against the league if they vacate the suspension and retract any and all statements in which they alluded to him being guilty of DV. Jerry could get into the negotiations telling Goodell he will agree to a extension of his contract if Friel is fired and made the scapegoat. Who knows but everything is negotiable.
Bingo!