NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

Cowboys22

Reaction score
How would Friel face jail time? She's opened herself up to civil action, sure, but what criminal action was done?

I don't know but did she conspire to violate Zeke's civil rights? Maybe not but would it be far fetched if that was to be investigated?

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
The NFL basically has two choices here. They can double down on the absolute power trip that they've been on (which I actually think is the most likely scenario) and drag this thing out for months or even years. Or they could admit there were flaws - which they could do without publicly throwing any individual under the bus - say they will revisit their investigative procedures, apologize to Zeke and vacate the suspension. That would be the smart play and would make everything go away. These guys have the biggest egos in the land, I'm not sure that's happening, even if it should.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I don't know but did she conspire to violate Zeke's civil rights? Maybe not but would it be far fetched if that was to be investigated?
That would be extremely difficult to prove criminally. The NFL would be so uncooperative in a third party investigation it would make your head spin.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not if you are the league and don't want to face a civil lawsuit where everyone will be disposed and all documents and emails regarding the investigation will be supoeanad. If you can secure yourself against that, you negotiated.

There's no reason for Elliott to pursue a civil lawsuit if the suspension is dropped and his name is cleared.

You're grasping at straws now.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Just like in the Ray Rice video. Roger knew what was going on...but he'll deny everything to save his bacon. Don't believe a thing he says. Doesn't he think it's strange his lead investigator doesn't meet with him to talk about her findings? Well um um ah...yea right Roger. You are as guilty as she is. You and your cronies wanted a certain verdict and they gave you what you wanted. Now you are going to deny it. Can't believe a word you say when it comes to players punishments. You have your own agendas and it isn't the good of the players who make this league.
In the normal world the buck always stops at the top.

Sydla

Reaction score
A great point made a few pages back. The NFL has been riding the Brady ruling for a few years and have used that to wield unfettered control and power.............. are they willing to give up some of that by fighting this in court? If the court rules against them this time, it takes some wind out of their sails and going forward, any major punishment is going to get extra scrutiny and they won't have the Brady hearing to fall back on to justify some of their decisions.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
The NFL basically has two choices here. They can double down on the absolute power trip that they've been on (which I actually think is the most likely scenario) and drag this thing out for months or even years. Or they could admit there were flaws - which they could do without publicly throwing any individual under the bus - say they will revisit their investigative procedures, apologize to Zeke and vacate the suspension. That would be the smart play and would make everything go away. These guys have the biggest egos in the land, I'm not sure that's happening, even if it should.

Their problem is that that would infuriate the very people that they did this for in the first place. You know, all those victim rights groups that came down so hard on them after the Ray Rice video came out. In fact, the NFL hired a bunch of people from these groups to run all the DV cases. That would be like hiring Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to investigate all allegations of racism. Is it any wonder they accepted the accuser's word as gospel and decided to ignore any evidence that pointed to his innocence?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And this hasn't been clearly shown already?
:huh:

The only recourse Henderson and the league have at this point is to completely drop any suspension whatsoever, and admitting that this case was mishandled and clear the kid's name.

They do that and they might walk away with minimal fallout. They don't, and it gets even uglier than it already is.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
So I don't get this? Can he play week 1? Is the suspended lifted for now and it might be enforced later?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
That would be extremely difficult to prove criminally. The NFL would be so uncooperative in a third party investigation it would make your head spin.

Wouldn't that have to be the Feds investigating it and wouldn't they be compelled by law to comply and cooperate?

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
So I don't get this? Can he play week 1? Is the suspended lifted for now and it might be enforced later?
not yet, very high chance he will be allowed to play though

things that need to happen:

1. Henderson's appeal ruling, upheld? vacated?
2. If upheld, the restraining order filed last night comes into play
3. Does east texas court allow the injuction / restraining order? yes? he plays. no? he doesn't play

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Wow. Zeke has successfully flipped the script and now HE is the victim in the court of public opinion.

Will be interesting to see if the NFL allows HH to vacate the suspension now. Goodell has distanced himself all along-- they could hang this around Friel's neck and try and pacify Elliott now.

Zeke is out for blood now though lol
Teen Wolf is hungry and needs to be fed.

Sydla

Reaction score

Technically he can play until the NFL rules on the appeal. They have until Tuesday at 3PM, I believe to issue their ruling. If they do not issue their findings by that time, Zeke would be eligible for Week 1.

So yes, today, he could play. By Tuesday, I suspect he won't because the NFL will essentially rule he lost his appeal and is suspended for multiple games (maybe not 6). At that point, he's ineligible unless the court system issues an injunction. If the court does that, then he's again eligible to play.

revospeed

Reaction score
First, that would require the Texas judge to give up the case which I doubt will happen. Second, there is no precedent anywhere that would trump what the NFL as done here. Article 46 does not give anyone the right to do what was done here.

You're right. I was wrong.