NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Defamation of character must establish that there was first character to be defamed. You have to be able to prove that there was an agenda against you personally. The league could say "look at this pattern of behavior, it's not exactly a stretch of logic" and it absolutely would have bearing.

In my opinion his pattern of behavior did not include DV. Add his potential loss of income, I don't man.

But ok if you say so, I'm no attorney.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
In my opinion his pattern of behavior did not include DV. Add his potential loss of income, I don't man.

But ok if you say so, I'm no attorney.
I'm not either, just an armchair attorney trying to use logic to break down an often illogical situation. I just know the character part of a defamation suit is incredibly difficult to prove harmed. And unless you've got a spotless past, even small things can be made to seem like serious character flaws during litigation.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I'm not either, just an armchair attorney trying to use logic to break down an often illogical situation. I just know the character part of a defamation suit is incredibly difficult to prove harmed. And unless you've got a spotless past, even small things can be made to seem like serious character flaws during litigation.

I agree with your basic premise but one thing that could be different here is that unlike normal people, Zeke can likely quantify all the money he has lost. His agent can likely attest to everyone that has canceled or put on hold endorsement due to this whole thing. They can show what other RBs who lead the league in rushing have earned in endorsements.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Defamation of character must establish that there was first character to be defamed. You have to be able to prove that there was an agenda against you personally. The league could say "look at this pattern of behavior, it's not exactly a stretch of logic" and it absolutely would have bearing.
As far as someone having an agenda against you, I point your attention to Exhibit A and Giant's SuperFan and coincidentally NFL Senior VP of Investigations, Lisa Friel's life-sized wall hanging of Eli Manning hanging in her home. And yes, she really does have one.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
It's on baby, I can't wait to see Molly Qerim throw a fit over this:lmao2:
Molly has made up her mind on this already despite the lack of evidence because she claims to be a victim of domestic violence. That's horrible for her, but it definitely skews her opinion.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I agree with your basic premise but one thing that could be different here is that unlike normal people, Zeke can likely quantify all the money he has lost. His agent can likely attest to everyone that has canceled or put on hold endorsement due to this whole thing. They can show what other RBs who lead the league in rushing have earned in endorsements.
Actually really easy to estimate. They can look to fellow Cowboy's player, Dak Prescott and his endorsement deals.

csirl

Reaction score
Trying to boil this down to the important point.

Is this lawsuit claiming that NFL didnt include the findings of its lead investigator re Thompsons reliability when making the decision?

If so, how does this help Zeke in circumstances where NFL says its decision was based on phyisical evidence and not on Thompson's testimony to the lead investigator?

In any investigation there may be many investigators looking at different evidence. One investigator, even one of the lesser ones, may uncover enough evidence to win the case meaning that the work of the other investigators is not needed and so isnt presented

Sydla

Reaction score
Qerim is a tool.

She went all in on Elliott definitely being guilty.

I have little doubt she'll try to spin this latest news as no big deal and not significant enough to warrant any legal action here.