NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And that's fine. I hate DV abuse as well as I expect most people here do.

But you can't just assume every person accused of DV is guilty. Being the nitwit that she is, she is using a high profile situation to push her narrative failing to admit that the evidence here would suggest that this is probably not the case to latch onto to push an anti-DV agenda.
Calling a woman a nitwit....TSK, TSK, TSk!

Philmonroe

Reaction score
And that's fine. I hate DV abuse as well as I expect most people here do.

But you can't just assume every person accused of DV is guilty. Being the nitwit that she is, she is using a high profile situation to push her narrative failing to admit that the evidence here would suggest that this is probably not the case to latch onto to push an anti-DV agenda.
Why do we hate DV? I always wondered if this is something we are programmed to do. It's just a catchy name for hitting someone or the opposite sex. I think why don't we have the same reaction if someone hit a weaker same sex person? Not that I'm for violence or that type in any form but I just always wondered if this is natural or just another learned behavior.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why do we hate DV? I always wondered if this is something we are programmed to do. It's just a catchy name for hitting someone or the opposite sex. I think why don't we have the same reaction if someone hit a weaker same sex person? Not that I'm for violence or that type in any form but I just always wondered if this is natural or just another learned behavior.

Is this a serious post?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Just curious, why would the NFLPA think a Texas federal court would rule favorable for them? I may be ignorant, but don't republican areas tend to rule against unions in labor disputes?
That may normally true, but a good 'ol boy Texas judge with a picture of Tom Landry in his office isn't likely to take kindly to some NY lawyers trying to railroad a Cowboy :D

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hitting a woman for any reason is wrong.

But Thank God women are not the stronger sex ....... because they have no qualms about attacking or striking men for saying something that offends them.

We would be in trouble.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Take it to court and force Roger on the witness stand. He either commits perjury or tells the truth. This is what I want to happen. Zeke is already playing this year so this isn't about that anymore

goshan

Reaction score
While it wouldn't surprise me if the NFL doubled-down, I have to believe that Zeke and the NFLPA are winning the court of public opinion.

In an environment where many corporate execs (including the NFL) have just enough backbone to keep them upright in a slight breeze, I can't help but believe the NFL is looking for a convenient way out of this nightmare.

I can envision Jerry Jones swooping in with some face-saving proposal that placatess both sides. Don't be surprised if, at some point in the future, it is announced that Jones will host both the NFL Draft and a Superbowl. :)

They definitely won't vacate. An option would be to come back with a reduced suspension for personal conduct, and hope that Zeke/NFLPA accept it. That would be there only way out.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Cant stand Mara. But, unions suck and I also hate them!
Yes, the growth of median incomes, the middle class, etc that came along with the growth of unions is abhorrent. While the stagnation that has come along with union membership declining is a welcome break for the truly hard working people.

I'm sure the players are looking to get out of their union so they can have a better life. Like the pre union days. :)

erod

Reaction score
They definitely won't vacate. An option would be to come back with a reduced suspension for personal conduct, and hope that Zeke/NFLPA accept it. That would be there only way out.

I'm starting to wonder. I don't think Zeke will accept anything but zero games, and the NFL doesn't want any part of the PR nightmare they've bought themselves.

It might very well go to zero, and somebody's head rolls. Friel probably, maybe Goodell.