NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder. I don't think Zeke will accept anything but zero games, and the NFL doesn't want any part of the PR nightmare they've bought themselves.

It might very well go to zero, and somebody's head rolls. Friel probably, maybe Goodell.

Roger is screwed, he fires Friel then she will sue and claim Roger was part of a conspiracy.

Sydla

Reaction score
So basically you are mad about something he wrote defending Zeke so you are trying to claim he is pro violence against women .......

Classy.

Then maybe he should write a better post. Because he clearly just set an equivalency where hitting a woman is the same as hitting a smaller man.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I don't know what you think would happen to Goodell. He decided to suspend him 6 games based upon all the evidence. He has the full power to do so. The case for Zeke in court is that the process was unfair, but doubt he wins that.

Conspiracy accusation is to create drama, clearly the lead investigator wasn't involved in many of the conversations to determine punishment. Which seems unfair, but don't think there is any language in the CBA that the process has to be 'fair' or some agreement on a third-party to assess the fairness of the process. This is a big gap in the CBA language.

The NFLPA needs to fight this in public perception, and hope the NFL wants to end it to not look bad. Could work.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I think that their best chance is to just admit there were mistakes made and vacate the entire suspension. I don't think Elliott fights anything after that.
I agree.....vacate the suspension in it's entirety based on "procedural inconsistencies". The NFL saves some face by getting rid of the suspension based on mistakes in the investigation and not because they think EE was not involved in DV. EE gets his games and money back and lets this thing die out. NFL fans have very very short memories especially when it comes to NFL talent.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Because your post reads essentially that maybe DV isn't all that bad. Maybe that wasn't your intention but it sure reads like that.

Throw that in with your posting history where you pretty much have defended all the dumb stuff Elliott has done, it's not a good look.
If that's what you gathered I honestly have to question your intelligence. How can it read as it's not bad when I said I'm against violence in most cases period?

What does defending Zeke have to do with DV? You sounding as silly as the NFL. I also defended Zeke because nothing he's done is that bad. The girl top thing is about it and that's moreso a moral case by case thing. If truly she had no problem with it how can I? So try again with this alleged bad look.

Sydla

Reaction score
If that's what you gathered I honestly have to question your intelligence. How can it read as it's not bad when I said I'm against violence in most cases period?

What does defending Zeke have to do with DV? You sounding as silly as the NFL. I also defended Zeke because nothing he's done is that bad. The girl top thing is about it and that's moreso a moral case by case thing. If truly she had no problem with it how can I? So try again with this alleged bad look.

As I said, you tried to set an equivalency where hitting a woman is basically the same as a larger man hitting a smaller man.

There is no equivalency and for you to suggest that calls into question what exactly your point is.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here's betting we won't get a single call from a referee this year.

LOL

Maybe, or the opposite where we might be treated in a more fair basis, just to prove there is no anti-Cowboy conspiracy going on?

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Sounds like you're reaching there a bit. He was accused and PUBLICLY convicted by the NFL of a specific charge, that if proven false by suppression of evidence and/or cover-up, which seems to be the case...I'd take that chance to civil court where you only need to prove it by a preponderance of the case, mainly a 51% verdict.
I'd take that chance too, and Zeke might. But that doesn't negate the points I've already made. It would still be a tough sell. I didn't say impossible, but character comes into play.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
I think she just hate domestic abuse, not necessarily the Cowboys.

We all due .. and we all have to look for the truth .. we should not be flag a man with this crime if he didn't do it just to look anti DV ..

If he did it he deserves life ban even, but if he didn't do it then she should be subject to some sort of punishment because (and women should be first to support) this is not a game .. if she is lying, she is subjecting every woman facing DV to be questioned ...
she is making a mockery of a very serious issue

tumblr_o4vb0mMziM1qe6vjyo1_500.gif

:cool:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Then maybe he should write a better post. Because he clearly just set an equivalency where hitting a woman is the same as hitting a smaller man.

No ...... he asked why there is such a stigma about one and not the other ........... I know some women who have beat the crap out of smaller men because they said the wrong thing ....... those women face no stigma what so ever .......

Hell women who go crazy and smack their kids around in a grocery store do not get stigmatized like a man who slaps a woman.

He was just asking about the social learned behavior of what is acceptable and what is not.

You turned it into something else because of past arguments.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Yes. We are programmed to hate it. Crimes against kids too. We have to draw a line. You do it before kicking puppies becomes frowned upon.
Yeah that's what I'm leaning towards because if Zeke would've hit the guy with proof he'd been better off even if that guy is just as weak as the girl. I wish we could be programmed for good all the way around as a society but it will never be 100% agreement on anything. I mean they have groups for promoting liking little kids.

goshan

Reaction score
I agree.....vacate the suspension in it's entirety based on "procedural inconsistencies". The NFL saves some face by getting rid of the suspension based on mistakes in the investigation and not because they think EE was not involved in DV. EE gets his games and money back and lets this thing die out. NFL fans have very very short memories especially when it comes to NFL talent.

good idea.