NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

goshan

Reaction score
If that's true, this thing could blow up on a monumental level!

Don't understand your perspective. It just points to the fact that Goodell has all the info and made the decision any way.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Notice how she threw the line "Kia is not supposed to give suspension" ..

I was like ... "what that supposed to mean? it's no where near the topic discussed"

Clearly a Cowboy hater

:cool:

Clearly. If this was a Charger - she would just straight comment on the case, but because it's Zeke she's emotionally invested, much like Friel. Lest we ignore the passions of our teams and think they don't affect decision making - look inside folks.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if Zeke really does have a case against the NFL. The NFL clearly acted irresponsibly....but it's hard to say they were illegal or broke rules.

If Goodell knew about Kia's opinions, then there's really nothing Zeke can say. Goodell didn't have evidence withheld. He just issued a bad decision. A bad decision won't be reversed in court.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You think that is the 'worst probable outcome'? Not sure what that means.

You have been a sophist arguing for the Zeke suspension conclusion this whole drama. You have your conclusion and have been looking for any and all means of achieving it in your arguments.

Whatever is the worst plausible outcome has been the conclusion you go for.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I feel slightly dirty admitting this, but I watched a portion of Undisputed this morning. No doubt someone will post a video excerpt from the show... suffice to say, Skip Bayless opened with a long-winded soliloquy comparing the NFL's handling of Zeke's matter with Tom Brady. Basically, he postulated that Goodell went after Brady and is now going after Elliott in an attempt to right perceived past wrongs. Skip made the point that Goodell went after not only the player but, in essence, the two most powerful owners in the NFL. Whether this is correct or not, the sport pundits are now at the forefront of the conspiracy theory defense of Zeke.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
If a bank down the street from me gets robbed, and someone has a picture of me with some cash, can I be convicted of robbing the bank if there is no evidence that the cash I am holding is from the same bank that got robbed? Now you may think, hmmmm, bank was robbed, guy has some cash, it's certainly plausible that I robbed the bank to get the cash.

Just wondering......

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Notable Cases by Judge Amos L Mazzant III:
On October 7, 2016, Judge Mazzant conditionally dismissed securities fraud charges filed by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission against Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton.[7] On November 22, Judge Mazzant issued a nationwide injunction blocking a regulation by President Barack Obama attempting to double and periodically increase the maximum salary where overtime is required.
LINK: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amos_L._Mazzant_III#Biography

Texas_Pete logic: if he can block President Obama, he can block Harold Henderson. :D

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Don't understand your perspective. It just points to the fact that Goodell has all the info and made the decision any way.

Fact huh?

Love how you believe whatever the league is selling. Ray Rice, Josh Brown, Bounty Gate, uncapped year, American Needle, and on and on.

Yet you expect people to buy that we should just take the league on their word.

Why do you think Brown's statements or the information that she wrote in her memo did not make it into the final report?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I don't know what this means. I thought restraining orders were for crazy ex girlfriends. How do you put a restraining order against a decision that hasn't been made yet?

The NFL is quickly becoming an ex-girlfriend. The taste has soured just like the NBA. I'm done with the NBA and I just may be done with the NFL now too. I've found I've only been watching maybe 5 games a year now. This year, maybe zero.