NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

windjc

Reaction score
I dont think linking the bruises to Zeke requires her testimony. In the context of this being "balance of probabilities" not a criminal level of proof, it is realistically possible without testimony. Once DV injuries are confirmed, all they need to establish is that it is more likely Zeke than someone else. To be honest, in any case of DV taking place in a residential property owned or rented by a couple, the spouse is always statistically the most likely culprit (what other suspects have access?).
How about the 3rd party witness who stayed with them during those same days saying he never saw a bruise or heard a confrontation?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
The NFL is quickly becoming an ex-girlfriend. The taste has soured just like the NBA. I'm done with the NBA and I just may be done with the NFL now too. I've found I've only been watching maybe 5 games a year now. This year, maybe zero.

I only watch Cowboys games now. Used to watch other teams, all preseason, and every playoff game. Now it's just regular/post season Cowboys and the Super Bowl. Pretty much stopped watching all other sports too. But to be honest, has nothing to do with political reasons. I just have better things to do in my old age (31).

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I dont think linking the bruises to Zeke requires her testimony. In the context of this being "balance of probabilities" not a criminal level of proof, it is realistically possible without testimony. Once DV injuries are confirmed, all they need to establish is that it is more likely Zeke than someone else. To be honest, in any case of DV taking place in a residential property owned or rented by a couple, the spouse is always statistically the most likely culprit (what other suspects have access?).

Consistent with does not mean it is definitive. It just means it is possible. Even then anyone could have beaten her up.

The only thing linking Zeke to doing the bruising is Tiffany Thompson who claims he beat her 3 different times.

I do like how some of her bruises were from punching someone and look like a boxer's fracture.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Got it, your guilty based upon statistics!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

tumblr_lcrtz02G9u1qzj5ggo1_400.gif

FREE ZEKE!!!!!

csirl

Reaction score
Consistent with does not mean it is definitive. It just means it is possible. Even then anyone could have beaten her up.

Yes this is correct. I believe the key is whether or not the injuries are DV or not.

This is a civil balance of probabilities issue not a criminal proof one. Proof is not required by NFL.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yes this is correct. I believe the key is whether or not the injuries are DV or not.

This is a civil balance of probabilities issue not a civil one. Proof is not required by NFL.

If proof is not required then why are you arguing the facts?

We know she gets into bar fights. We know she tampered with a witness. We know she lied to the police. We know that the testimony she gave to the NFL was inconsistent with the evidence the NFL had. We know she was talking about extorting money out of Zeke.

Balance of probabilities indeed.

Sydla

Reaction score
They clearly omitted anything mitigating. I want to read that memo she wrote.

And that has still not been released, yet? Henderson only allowed Roberts to talk at the appeal but produced none of her reports, correct?

csirl

Reaction score
If proof is not required then why are you arguing the facts?

We know she gets into bar fights. We know she tampered with a witness. We know she lied to the police. We know that the testimony she gave to the NFL was inconsistent with the evidence the NFL had. We know she was talking about extorting money out of Zeke.

Balance of probabilities indeed.

NFL seems to be agreeing with all of the above, but saying they have other evidence that DV is likely to have occurred which led them to impose the suspension. Their case will live or die on this other evidence - if it is credible - which isnt in the public domain.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
"Roberts testified that she was the only NFL investigator to conduct a handful of interviews with Thompson and subsequently raised concerns about those interviews in a memo titled “Tiffany Thompson Inconsistency Transcripts.” Following the production of that internal memo, she recommended no suspension for Elliott."

The NFL is a joke, I guess Josh Brown does not have the right face to be the representative for DV.