NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

windjc

Reaction score
That poor poor woman.
So this woman was still going out of her way to make Zeke "jealous" months later??

I am no DV expert and I do know enough to say that often abused partners wil want their abuser back, but this seems pretty extreme the measures she was going through.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So this woman was still going out of her way to make Zeke "jealous" months later??

I am no DV expert and I do know enough to say that often abused partners wil want their abuser back, but this seems pretty extreme the measures she was going through.

This is not like a co-dependent victim of abuse going back to their partner.

These are the actions of a vindictive and vengeful person who was intensely angry that she was minimalized.

There are some sordid details if you read about them and knowing that, it is completely understandable why the Columbus authorities were not comfortable pushing the case forward. There is a lot going on in this situation and much of it is complicated.

You have drugs, kinky sex, even abortion. This is fatal attraction territory.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
At 22 man i thought i was the man. Non stop partying. Rockstar lifestyle. Now im 28 with a kid and wife. I stay out of clubs and i only drink once in a while. Hell i am a choir boy compared to what i used to do. It doesnt surprise me a college kid was a hard party boy.
This and as a former athlete I have stories that would make a Vegas hooker blush.

bark

Reaction score
Hell I'd be willing to bet even Rodger Goodell did some things in college he wasn't to proud of.
Enough with this nonsense.
Both sides leaking info.
This has turned into a mud slinging political campaign.
Time for the NFL to get out of the personal conduct business.
If the police don't think it's a crime.
Play ball

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
So now I understand why he was cut.

Lucky had far greater issues that the public wasn't privy to that was far more of a problem than his relationship with Thompson.

This is a big reason why I hated them cutting Lucky for something he didn't do. They needed to wait for him to be actually do something stupid, again, and then cut him or cut him for poor play. By cutting Lucky for something he didn't do he could always blame the Cowboys on cutting him for some other reason that would suit him. Hell, they should have released him last year after inexplicably missing practices and lying about car accidents.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
The admission of using drugs in college part is so off base it's ridiculous.

I'm pretty certain that players at the combine are asked if they did drugs in college and it is kept in confidence (although the NFL somehow leaks it every year). I know players like Calvin Johnson admitted to drug use in college.

And as I've said a million times already...drug use has nothing to do with the situation at hand. This is the NFL's attempt and the white knight for Thompson's attempt at 'shaming' Elliott...bringing up something that has nothing to do with the case at hand. Whereas when Thompson's behavior and actions that actually pertain to this case are brought up...those people claim it is 'victim shaming.'

I'm not even sure why Elliott's drug use in college is being brought up by the arbitrator. I couldn't imagine this being allowed in a court of law because it is irrelevant.

And I have my doubts as to the validity of the abortion that was being brought up. Although I don't think that a man telling the woman that he wants an abortion is 'pressuring' her to have an abortion. Especially when she admits that she wasn't ready to be a mother.

It's grasping at straws at its worst.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
This is not like a co-dependent victim of abuse going back to their partner.

These are the actions of a vindictive and vengeful person who was intensely angry that she was minimalized.

There are some sordid details if you read about them and knowing that, it is completely understandable why the Columbus authorities were not comfortable pushing the case forward. There is a lot going on in this situation and much of it is complicated.

You have drugs, kinky sex, even abortion. This is fatal attraction territory.

+1.

Even the story about the week of the 16th makes little sense.

She was telling how she was practically held hostage...but then allowed to leave numerous times.

She is then at a club at the 21st, when supposedly held hostage, then drives over to his rental for his birthday after party.

It wasn't until she saw the other woman driving EE to his rental that she flipped out and then filed a police report saying she was abused and held captive all week long.

She was obviously free to go to police anytime during that week. And despite claims of being held captive, she had the opportunity to get away from him and still drove over to his rental for the after party. And despite the abuse and captivity that week, she didn't go to police until she thought EE was cheating on her with another woman.

YR

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
The admission of using drugs in college part is so off base it's ridiculous.

I'm pretty certain that players at the combine are asked if they did drugs in college and it is kept in confidence (although the NFL somehow leaks it every year). I know players like Calvin Johnson admitted to drug use in college.

And as I've said a million times already...drug use has nothing to do with the situation at hand. This is the NFL's attempt and the white knight for Thompson's attempt at 'shaming' Elliott...bringing up something that has nothing to do with the case at hand. Whereas when Thompson's behavior and actions that actually pertain to this case are brought up...those people claim it is 'victim shaming.'

I'm not even sure why Elliott's drug use in college is being brought up by the arbitrator. I couldn't imagine this being allowed in a court of law because it is irrelevant.

And I have my doubts as to the validity of the abortion that was being brought up. Although I don't think that a man telling the woman that he wants an abortion is 'pressuring' her to have an abortion. Especially when she admits that she wasn't ready to be a mother.

It's grasping at straws at its worst.

YR
It was completely irrelevant. They only brought it up in the arbitration so they could use it to smear Zeke once he went to court.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Most people think Goodell is a lawyer.

He's not. He cut his teeth thru the Public Relations Department in the NFL.

And no single person has harmed the PR of the NFL than him.

It's almost like somebody being dumb enough to hire a failed stand-up comic who has never refereed a game on any level to be the head of referees.

Oh wait...

YR