NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
If there is a reduced suspension, it will be imposed by the Cowboys (not the NFL) to bail the league out of this mess. But it will be on Jerry's terms.
Nope - gotta disagree. Either he did it (6 games) or he didn't do it (0 games). Even 1 game is an admission of guilt. All of these tweets I'm posting points towards his innocence, other than poor choice of dating her in the 1st place.

Sydla

Reaction score
Reading this hearing testimony is more than sufficient proof of the NFLs crooked bunch. But deeper than the suspension, why Zeke for this hatchet job? Why such a focus on this individual and team?

Some will say it's an anti-Cowboys thing but I tend to think this was just simply the NFL had a big PR problem in DV and Elliott, being a star, presented them with an opportunity to make an example of one of the game's bigger names.

xvendettax914

Reaction score
Some will say it's an anti-Cowboys thing but I tend to think this was just simply the NFL had a big PR problem in DV and Elliott, being a star, presented them with an opportunity to make an example of one of the game's bigger names.
Very possible. At the same time if they wanted to make an example there's better opportunities for that instead of a player who hasn't even been charged. Seems like this plan backfired. Real bad.

Cowboys22

Reaction score

That's what I believe as well but I will add that I do think Friel being such a huge Giants fan and Zeke being a Dallas Cowboy allowed her in her mind to be okay with railroading him. They decided they needed to make an example out of him and the reason it took so long is that the evidence wasn't there. They hoped something else would happen but had to go,with what they had because the season was approaching.

And another thing, reading through these tweets about the appeal hearing testimony, it sounds like it was a total bloodbath for the NFL. Had that been in a court of law, you would have had a scene like in movies where they finally have to stand up and tell the judge they would like to dismiss all the charges. It's no wonder the NFL has been totally silent since the hearing. They're probably too busy arguing with Henderson. His rep is on the line and he only has one option to save it and the NFL isn't going to like it.

Last edited:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
This is sad, really sad and criminal. While not surprising, every NFL player and fan should be appalled. The owners largely couldn't care less unless their player is involved. But the league office once again proves dishonest, disingenuous and fraudulent.

Because fans love football and the NFL is such a booming business, this will all be forgotten in a couple of weeks when the regular season and fantasy football is rolling. Meanwhile Zekes reputation is forever tarnished, will likely at some point in the next 1-2 years serve a 4-6 game suspension and will lose millions in future potential earnings. Scum like Thompson and Friel carry on like nothing ever happened. Goodell is still on his high horse on Park ave watching the Spygate tapes in a secret room, while Mara is massaging his feet.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
So Zeke has a witness that verifies that statement. Not sure how Goodell remains Commissioner of a league that is 70% African American when he's proved Thompson to be right about that statement.

Remember when the NFL stated that they were alarmed that none of EE's witnesses came forward?

Yet, Alvarez had no problem coming forward as well as the Florida cop.

The ole 'how can you tell Goodell/Friel is lying?' applies here.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
LOL.

So the NFL never talked to the Florida authorities? I have little doubt they were the ones who made the doctor unavailable for cross examination. Friel bases part of Elliott's credibility on the fact that he and she don't have the same definition of "dating".

This is a most crooked bunch of clowns.

What's worse is that the Florida office went out his way to contact the NFL. And the NFL didn't want anything to do with him.

It's one thing to not get in contact with somebody. It's another when that person goes out of their way and contacts the NFL and they sweep it under the rug.

YR

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
What's worse is that the Florida office went out his way to contact the NFL. And the NFL didn't want anything to do with him.

It's one thing to not get in contact with somebody. It's another when that person goes out of their way and contacts the NFL and they sweep it under the rug.

YR
If Goodell has an ounce of integrity remaining after the corrupting influence of unchecked power, he will resign. But it appears an ounce is a bridge too far.