NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
They are professional DV witnesses. I don't think lie is the right word. Except the one that claimed they had a medical emergency and did not ever show up.

To a more accurate point. That doctor claimed she was *hospitalized* due a medical issue. And EE's private investigators found her at her home and she answered the door. She could have been deposed, at least over the phone. Instead, she apparently faked an illness rather than be deposed which would indicate that she didn't want to be deposed for some reason and it's likely not a good one.

YR

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
No he is not. Suspended games are for regular season only. Have you ever seen someone suspended late in the season and miss playoff games? Nope, because it doesn't happen. As it gets late in the season, the league just carries any pending discipline issues over to the offseason. If this is delayed by the courts, it will be delayed until the offseason.
Randy Gregory, bruh

#FreeRandyGregory

haleyrules

Reaction score
To a more accurate point. That doctor claimed she was *hospitalized* due a medical issue. And EE's private investigators found her at her home and she answered the door. She could have been deposed, at least over the phone. Instead, she apparently faked an illness rather than be deposed which would indicate that she didn't want to be deposed for some reason and it's likely not a good one.

YR
Was the illness a double pregnancy?? The plot sickens!!

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Suh was going to be suspended for the playoff game in 14 and Randy Gregory was suspended for Dallas' playoff game last year.

I may be mistaken but I believe Suh committed an on the field infraction during the playoffs. In that case, you can be suspended for the following playoff games. Gregory was not suspended for any length of games. He was at the discipline level where he was suspended for a full calendar year and the league decided to start it right before the playoffs. That will be an interesting scenario this year because technically Gregory should be able to be reinstated for the playoffs this year. I still believe off the field discipline is limited to regular season games.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I may be mistaken but I believe Suh committed an on the field infraction during the playoffs. In that case, you can be suspended for the following playoff games. Gregory was not suspended for any length of games. He was at the discipline level where he was suspended for a full calendar year and the league decided to start it right before the playoffs. That will be an interesting scenario this year because technically Gregory should be able to be reinstated for the playoffs this year. I still believe off the field discipline is limited to regular season games.

Last game of the year. Not playoffs...

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
He wasn't suspended for games. He was suspended for a calendar year. Obviously in that scenario, playoffs are included.
Refer to ACFs post re: Suh, whom was facing a suspension for stepping on Rodgers' (?) leg. It was just levied as a fine. Still, he was facing a playoff game suspension

He appealed the initial ruling if memory serves and it was reduced to a fine.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
We played them first in the playoffs. And they, us.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2014/POST/LIONS

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Last game of the year. Not playoffs...

You might be right but I think the fact that it was on the field is the difference. I can't recall any player serving a suspension during the playoffs for an off the field incident unless they were suspended for a calendar year. They don't give out multiple game suspensions that last into the playoffs unless it's an on the field issue. They simply wait until the offseason and make them serve at the beginning of the following year.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
You might be right but I think the fact that it was on the field is the difference. I can't recall any player serving a suspension during the playoffs for an off the field incident unless they were suspended for a calendar year. They don't give out multiple game suspensions that last into the playoffs unless it's an on the field issue. They simply wait until the offseason and make them serve at the beginning of the following year.
No, he is right.

Players can be suspended for a playoff game (games) in all four national sports.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Unless the nfl arbitrator says it's unfair to punish the team and the fans for that playoff game. Then the player never serves the suspension at all.
Still, they can be suspended.

Just because it may (or may not) be unlikely doesn't mean an absolute is true.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
No, he is right.

Players can be suspended for a playoff game (games) in all four national sports.

I'm not saying they can't. Suspensions from on the field infractions are served the following week or as soon as the appeal is over and that could include playoff games. Off the field suspensions are limited to regular season games unless it's a 12 month suspension. I can't recall a single player ever being suspended for an off the field incident near the end of the season who missed playoff games or had the suspension carry over to the next season.