NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

haleyrules

Reaction score
All the peeps liking that post- Heck yeah! You know the Marx Bros! I'm waiting for the Winicki Like...

You know they were first The Doves and tried to be a musical act until a concert, in Nacogdoches(!) was interrupted by a donkey getting loose and causing the crowd to disperse to watch it.
This angered Groucho (who wasn't known as Groucho then) to let loose with a bunch of angry jokes at them and the crowd loved it so much- they changed to a comedy troupe straight-away.

That's right: The Marx Brothers were created in Texas.
This has completely degenerated into the beer drinkers thread...l am going there to save my sanity!!:muttley::muttley:

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I know it's highly unprecedented but has anyone ever discussed the possibility of the commissioners exempt list?

I'm not 100% sure but I think that list is limited to players who have committed egregious offenses, have been arrested, and are in the middle of the legal process. It's to keep them from playing while they are awaiting the results from their court case.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
O
Gosh dangit, I want a good bow so bad...
Got that crossbow, but it's so... I want to say easy, but more like lazy.

There's a Cabela's opening up, quite close to me very soon. I cannot wait!!!
That's gonna be so cool for you when they do open those doors! Man, I drove past the one in Denver seemed like 50 times and never stopped
Gosh dangit, I want a good bow so bad...
Got that crossbow, but it's so... I want to say easy, but more like lazy.

There's a Cabela's opening up, quite close to me very soon. I cannot wait!!!
You will lose complete track of time once they open those doors for you!
They are gonna be a bit on the high end in pricing but you can lose a half day easily in there and not peruse half the wares!
I hung out in the one up in Boise ,,they had 12' tall fresh and salt water fish tanks ,12lb lunker largemouth bass and 20lb catfish,,, they put on a live feeding on Thursday afternoons ( never could catch that one).
And the firearms section was damn near museum quality.

Don't want to jack the thread,,, we'll take it to the bar here after awhile:thumbup:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
O

That's gonna be so cool for you when they do open those doors! Man, I drove past the one in Denver seemed like 50 times and never stopped

You will lose complete track of time once they open those doors for you!
They are gonna be a bit on the high end in pricing but you can lose a half day easily in there and not peruse half the wares!
I hung out in the one up in Boise ,,they had 12' tall fresh and salt water fish tanks ,12lb lunker largemouth bass and 20lb catfish,,, they put on a live feeding on Thursday afternoons ( never could catch that one).
And the firearms section was damn near museum quality.

Don't want to jack the thread,,, we'll take it to the bar here after awhile:thumbup:
Yessir, done derailing. Sorry Big Guys up in the sky.

robjay04

Reaction score
what is it and how does it work?

Basically a paid suspension that lasts indefinitely.

Greg Hardy was on it and so was Adrian Peterson. It's never been used like this but I have seen it come up in a few articles. If Goodell felt strongly about this, who knows...

jrumann59

Reaction score
I think it would be tough for goodell to use the exempt list especially if this goes to federal court. He would be exposed for having sour grapes and probably be put in front of the same judge when Zeke's legal team files for an injunction if he even thinks exempt list. Let's not forget the precedent that Brady played the whole time it was tied up in federal court

Vero_F250

Reaction score
This is from an "incident" prior to Zeke being drafted. He was training for the nfl combine in florida. The nfl used it as a reason to believe the incidents in ohio were true. The florida cop saw Zekes suspension on the news and contacted the Cowboys when he realized it was the same two people he witnessed on a DV call.
I was way off on this, really appreciate you clearing this up. Wish I was able to just delete my post so no one is misinformed, can't remember where I read my info from. Well done speed!

newera

Reaction score
Basically a paid suspension that lasts indefinitely.

Greg Hardy was on it and so was Adrian Peterson. It's never been used like this but I have seen it come up in a few articles. If Goodell felt strongly about this, who knows...

IIRC, in the past, it has been used while the court proceedings surrounding a crime were ongoing. In this case, there were/are no court proceedings because as far as the government/law enforcement is concerned, no crimes were committed.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
IIRC, in the past, it has been used while the court proceedings surrounding a crime were ongoing. In this case, there were/are no court proceedings because as far as the government/law enforcement is concerned, no crimes were committed.

The wording in the league manual is vague. Basically it says the commish can use the designation as he wants.

xvendettax914

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure but I think that list is limited to players who have committed egregious offenses, have been arrested, and are in the middle of the legal process. It's to keep them from playing while they are awaiting the results from their court case.
I feel like if this were a tool in the commissioners arsenal he would have done it by now.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I feel like if this were a tool in the commissioners arsenal he would have done it by now.

It's not applicable in Zeke's case. I read up on it and it's basically a tool used by teams with the permission of the commissioner. Also, the player has to agree to be placed on the list. The reason players would agree is because they still get paid while on the list. It's basically a place to stash players that are in potentially serious legal trouble so the league doesn't want them on the field. If the player refuses, he faces suspension.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The Twitter user that posted all of those links doesn't think there is enough to merit an overturn.

I seriously don't see how this investigation can stand as legit. This is not just about Zeke, if this witch hunt stands then the precedent will be that the commish can suspend anybody at anytime for any reason regardless of what the evidence shows.

I don't see how the NFLPA accepts this.

windjc

Reaction score
The Twitter user that posted all of those links doesn't think there is enough to merit an overturn.
Link please. I have read her twitter and she only says he is not a lawyer. She thinks it will be hard for the NFLPA to win, but everyone believes that.

Its also going to be hard for the NFL to win. Its hard to win in court period. Because you have to convince a judge then convince appeals then potentially a higher judge and then a higher appeals court and then possible an even higher court above that.

Last edited:

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Link please. I have read her twitter and she only says he is not a lawyer. She thinks it will be hard for the NFLPA to win, but everyone believes that.

Its also going to be hard for the NFL to win. Its hard to win in court period. Because you have to convince a judge then convince appeals then potentially a higher judge and then a higher appeals court and then possible an even higher court above that.

✭ DCBlueStar ✭ @DCBlueStar

So there's very little wiggle room here for this to be overturned, but if NFLPA can prove NFL withheld evidence from Goodell…
7:24 PM · Sep 3, 2017