NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

windjc

Reaction score
Oh, but it is! The NFLPA is interested in money and the owners are interested in power. Justice is a casualty.
You are implying Elliot can't win on court. I think he very we can. Heck Brady won in a more difficult court with a more difficult case then lost in appeals. He could have carried it further. Zeke will carry it to the Supreme Court if necessary.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Henderson's decision is to hand in the homework Roger already gave him, or write his own based on the actual evidence. It'll be very interesting to see what he does Tuesday.

I don't expect anything from Henderson. Maybe he reduces it by 2 games to give some impression to the public. While the NFLPA would love to get this thing overturned in court, they are still making their point by pulling back the curtains on this fraudulent operation known as the NFL front office so the general public can observe for themselves. So whether their punishment stands or not, they still come out of this thing exposed as crooked, unfair and deceitful.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
It should be resolved in the next cba. Providing the NFLPA can get out of bed with the owners and not just settle for more money. The NFLPA is a business and really don't give a hoot about a handful of troublesone players. This is about money and where the real power resides.

yep. Brady losing his appeal was such a big blow for the NFLPA. I doubt Zeke gets suspended if Brady won, but now Goodell is going to flaunt his power in a pretty nefarious way to gain leverage of over the Union. They are going to want to take away that power but will probably have to concede a lot to remove it which suits Goodell and the owners just fine.

haleyrules

Reaction score
You are implying Elliot can't win on court. I think he very we can. Heck Brady won in a more difficult court with a more difficult case then lost in appeals. He could have carried it further. Zeke will carry it to the Supreme Court if necessary.
He will not. No higher court will entertain it. It would be a shock if the Plano judge decides in Elliotts favor. That in itself is a long shot.

TheHerd

Reaction score
If the players were more unified, they have leverage. They could, for instance, contract blue flu on opening day. I fear they lack the will, though. It's important these facts are widely dissiminated and the players understand it could happen to any one of them.

Actually only the stars of certain teams are really at risk. The league knows there is little PR value in a 3rd stringer, and they obviously have no interest in digging into issues involving, for instance, a pro bowl kicker from certain favored teams.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

Ok. Someone help me out. I'm trying to follow all this. Somewhere when the threads merged I missed something.

What is the Florida incident? I'm reading about it and an officer saying she wasn't credible. What is it exactly? Thought this was all in Columbus.

TheHerd

Reaction score
yep. Brady losing his appeal was such a big blow for the NFLPA. I doubt Zeke gets suspended if Brady won, but now Goodell is going to flaunt his power in a pretty nefarious way to gain leverage of over the Union. They are going to want to take away that power but will probably have to concede a lot to remove it which suits Goodell and the owners just fine.
The Brady casee had none of this conspiracy and obvious tampering evidence. This goes WAY beyond article 46 and the CBA at this point.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I think it's pretty evident now the NFL engages in conspiracy... The problem this time is Zeke is not Greg Hardy and is Jerry's pet pick and probably the best RB in the NFL and some guys in the league office were so blinded in their arrogance that they thought they could get away with screwing over Zeke, while Jerry wouldn't do anything.

This investigation was so ridiculous, there is no logic other than they didn't think it would blow up the way it did.. and now they are in major trouble.

Their only hope is the NFL appeases Jerry somehow..
Luv yer' last sentence!:thumbup:
(Actually the whole post, ,but like a true artist you hit us with the best at the last,,, don't think I'm not taking noteso_O)
:muttley:

windjc

Reaction score
He will not. No higher court will entertain it. It would be a shock if the Plano judge decides in Elliotts favor. That in itself is a long shot.
Ok. Let's see. :) I contend Elliot will play week one and that this suspension as it currently stands will be voided one way or the other before it is served.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
I'm not a legal expert, but I know some on CZ are;

I would lose all faith in the legal system if the NFL weasels their way out of this.

Their investigation and decision on this one are so egregiously tainted it's unbelievable. I know some are saying the outside courts can only rule on the process, not whether Zeke was guilty or not... but can anyone explain to me how a judge could overlook the mounting evidence of his innocence?

Is the NFL off the hook for their ultimate decision of finding him violating the conduct policy even though the evidence is overwhelmingly in Zeke's favor?

Is the outside court only going to be focusing on the collusion aspect of the investigatory process? If so, don't you have to weigh the evidence of the case that they conveniently ignored for their final decision of suspension?

I'm just trying to figure out what Zeke's lawyers will be arguing in the outside court, and examples that they will be pointing to.

Last edited:

TheFinisher

Reaction score
I just don't understand how the CBA gives them the power to justify conclusions that are not grounded in any fact or evidence of the case?

How are they allowed to issue a ruling that's not supported by the evidence? That seems absolutely ridiculous and infers the only thing that matters is how Goodell woke up feeling that day.

If they want to suspend a player they don't need any evidence for doing so? That's insane.

Vero_F250

Reaction score
Ok. Someone help me out. I'm trying to follow all this. Somewhere when the threads merged I missed something.

What is the Florida incident? I'm reading about it and an officer saying she wasn't credible. What is it exactly? Thought this was all in Columbus.
From what I gathered the cop was in FL (vacation maybe?) when he heard about this on the news and first assumed it was for a different incident. When he realized it was for the incident he responded too he made some phone calls. Hope this helps!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
In light of this overwhelming avalanche cascading upon the very heads that contrived this railroad job on #21,,, maybe? do you all think you could lighten up on
@Melonfeud's view of wanting our beloved OWNER of this Franchise to not field the team due to this apparently obvious attempted industrial sabotage evilly conceived against us?,,, not that it matters much to me cuz' there's 1001 other things I should be fuzzed up over, but it'd be a comfort knowing my perceived radical extreme ploy really wasn't that radically extreme considering what's being drug out into the light?
Just planting a little casing-liner out there for your considerationo_O

:lmao::thumbup::lmao:

Cowboys22

Reaction score

While I agree the Supreme Court would likely not accept the case, I totally disagree about the Plano judge. I think it's a near certainty that he will grant the injunction. The date and time he set for the hearing clearly shows he is focused on whether or not Zeke will get to play week 1. They fully expect Henderson to rule by 4 pm on Tuesday so he set the hearing for 5 pm. If Henderson doesn't rule by then Zeke will be playing week 1. If he does rule before then, then Zeke will have exhausted all avenues under the CBA and the judge knows this. If he was going to refuse the case, he would have already done it. There are so many things wrong with the investigation including numerous aspects to go to process, that the judge will almost certainly grant the injunction.

haleyrules

Reaction score
While I agree the Supreme Court would likely not accept the case, I totally disagree about the Plano judge. I think it's a near certainty that he will grant the injunction. The date and time he set for the hearing clearly shows he is focused on whether or not Zeke will get to play week 1. They fully expect Henderson to rule by 4 pm on Tuesday so he set the hearing for 5 pm. If Henderson doesn't rule by then Zeke will be playing week 1. If he does rule before then, then Zeke will have exhausted all avenues under the CBA and the judge knows this. If he was going to refuse the case, he would have already done it. There are so many things wrong with the investigation including numerous aspects to go to process, that the judge will almost certainly grant the injunction.
Its not about hearing the case. He will hear it. He may well not find in Elliott's favour. Thats the mistake fans are making.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Its not about hearing the case. He will hear it. He may well not find in Elliott's favour. Thats the mistake fans are making.

Of course that's a possibility but I don't think it's likely. If the judge finds anything at all wrong with what the NFL has done he has to issue the injunction or Zeke will clearly be irreparably harmed. No one is harmed by issuing the injunction and letting the process play out.