NFLPA Files Temporary Restraining Order! **merged**

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
The new league week begins on Tuesdays at 4pm EST

This allows teams that play Monday Night the same opportunities as all the other teams

The league has always ruled that if a team wasn't notified by the start of the new league week then any suspension would take place the next week........ they couldn't tell DAL on Saturday that EE was ineligible..... that would be unfair to both teams

Not unfair to Giants as you KNOW Mara already knows what will happen if any legal (albeit unfair) way is found to do it. If the NFL can get away with it Zeke will be suspended for the NYG game by any means necessary. We have to hope Zeke's legal team can overcome all the tricks and deceits the NFL will throw their way.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Well that's why the NFL is being careful with their sources. Schefter is just a guy on twitter that works for ESPN...he's not a spokesperson for the NFL.

On the other hand, if a NFL employee like Ian's Rapaport came out with this, I think it's more relevant.
NFL is giving this to a lot of media.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
NFL is giving this to a lot of media.

If they do something the same way for years for everyone else they can't just change it for EE

Paul Tagliabue wrote about this during Bountygate

I draw upon forty years of experience with the League both as outside counsel and ultimately seventeen years as Commissioner. As part of my experience and decision making, I am not only authorized but obligated to be cognizant of the "rules of the shop" in the NFL, namely, the patterns of operations and practices of all the thirty-two NFL teams as they have evolved over the years. I am confident that with my experience and the processes I employed in hearing this appeal, the decisions I have reached fully comport with the standards applicable to arbitrators who are obligated to make judgments determining conduct detrimental under Article 46 of the 2011 CBA.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread or one of the others that this is like Game of Thrones. I'm starting to think more and more that this is and maybe never was really about DV at all, even for the PR aspect, but more about a power move within the NFL.

Unless you really think Goodell is just a straight idiot (and you might) this whole mess just is not logical at all. Even the dullest of people can't help but see this is harming the NFLs image not helping. Those same dullards could have looked at the details of the case (pending some shocking as yet unveiled detail) and came to the conclusion that it would blow up on them. This case had zero chance to help their image, yet they keep at it.

A power struggle I believe is going on (probably going on during Deflategate as well). We just have to hope House Jones can prevail over House Mara. Let's hope Kessler is our Dragon.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So here is my question: how is article 46 even applicable to something that wasn't collectively bargained?
Article 46 was part of the last CBA

The new DV policy was not.... it was voted in by the owners but not approved by the NFLPA.... Goodell said he had the power to alter the Personal Conduct Policy without it being bargained

That could be another part of EE's case.......... the NFLPA didn't approve punishment without charges let alone a conviction..... this is what happens when institute knee-jerk policy responses to PR problems like the Ray Rice case

JBS

Reaction score
Does anyone know when we can expect a ruling on the TRO?