Video: Nick Wright thinks Dak is nuts not to take top 5 money

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Because Brady's wife is worth half a billion and he doesn't have this "once in a lifetime opportunity" pressure on his contract.
well is cousins worth 27 mil ?? I think not, my point is QB value and worth depends on the team and the situation. It will vary.
Is Dak worth 32 mil ? not really , but due to the team and situation he probably is for now.

and you know since tom is married to his wife, that half a billion is also his, he may have even financed her original company.
People talk about her money when really it is all theirs.

Brax

Reaction score
Pretty ironic considering Dak has sliced and diced most of their teams in the 4th quarter.
Not in the top 100, not a top 15, looks like the players know Dak is average and is carried by his team mates. Dak has not sliced and diced any team at any level. Average to good QB at all levels, good guy, good leader, but lacks in the skill department. This is the 4th year so at some point what he is should show good or bad. Dak is here for another year or 2 maybe many more, (Jerry loves him some Dak) we will have to take all those bad quarters and hope come from behind Dak doesn't fall short and defense can hold other teams to 13 points or less because everyone know when the team wins it's all Dak and when they loose it's never Dak's fault it's the rest of the limited players he has to carry. Should be a good season to watch and if any of the news from training camp is true Dak has taken huge steps forward just like 2017 and 2018.

Swagger

Reaction score
What would be funny is if he and his agent hold out for the top contract, Cowboys call his bluff and make him play under the last year of his deal and he plays average and costs himself millions.
Quite.

Regarding Dak Prescott's salary, what I would say in his defence, and i'm no great fan of his, is that I think the point a lot of people fail to factor in is that his production has been solid at the QB position over three seasons and he is exceptionally durable. Whilst I think we have had a very strong roster over the past three seasons, Prescott has done well. But...he was a 4th round draft pick and his salary has reflected that.

I.e. Prescott has earned peanuts over the past three season compared with the QBs drawn in the first round.

So if you put yourself in his position, you would surely want to make up for that in your next contract. The issue then is that he is no way near an elite QB yet if he is to make up for being underpaid over the past three seasons then he will have to be paid like an elite QB.

Again, I personally would not even rate Prescott in the top 15 starting QBs in the NFL right now but I completely understand why he wants his money.

Swagger

Reaction score
And we are caught in a situation of a better the devil you know.

If we move on and draft a new QB next season (which I personally would do as I think a first round rookie QB would slot into our offense seamlessly) then there's still the risk that they may not be durable as Prescott etc.

So sticking with Prescott is the risk averse, percentage call.

Arguably a decision that could cost a team with a roster like this, a Superbowl.

Blake

Reaction score
Not in the top 100, not a top 15, looks like the players know Dak is average and is carried by his team mates. Dak has not sliced and diced any team at any level. Average to good QB at all levels, good guy, good leader, but lacks in the skill department. This is the 4th year so at some point what he is should show good or bad. Dak is here for another year or 2 maybe many more, (Jerry loves him some Dak) we will have to take all those bad quarters and hope come from behind Dak doesn't fall short and defense can hold other teams to 13 points or less because everyone know when the team wins it's all Dak and when they loose it's never Dak's fault it's the rest of the limited players he has to carry. Should be a good season to watch and if any of the news from training camp is true Dak has taken huge steps forward just like 2017 and 2018.

WRONG

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...tt-now-has-led-nine-fourth-quarter-comebacks/

Dak has a 109.7 passer rating in that situation (4th quarter comebacks), leading all quarterbacks who have at least 100 attempts when tied or trailing by one score in the fourth quarter or overtime. In fact, no other quarterback has a passer rating above 100 with Andrew Luck (97.7), Romo (95.4), Russell Wilson (93.8), Ben Roethlisberger (93.3) and Drew Brees (92.4) trailing.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well reid that is a silly question ! It is all speculation on something that cant even happen till 2020 or 2021.

you think you know the answer but you dont, you would not know until he was a FA then you would find out.

The thing is for all who say dak isnt worth 30 mil, there is no one else ! Mike white lol and rush ?? another lol.
Cowboys drafting a QB next season that is better than dak ? another LOL
last time when they drafted dak as a potential project guy, they wanted 3 other qb's all turned out to be duds,
so now you think suddenly they can draft a good one??:lmao2:
Then look at draft position, we picked at what 27 last draft, and unless we tank a season dallas picks at the bottom of each round.
some will say trade up , but that might not be possible, unless we gave a ton of picks and all for 1 guy who may be a dud ?:huh:
The Cowboys let Romo walk away, and did nothing to get a guy who could actually be as good or almost as good as dak, so now
they have to sign him or start over at QB.

So, you would rather the team muddle along indefinetely with an average QB making top 5 money than roll the dice and try to do better in the draft?

Blake

Reaction score
So, you would rather the team muddle along indefinetely with an average QB making top 5 money than roll the dice and try to do better in the draft?

He's not average. And you don't get a say in the matter. Dak is getting paid whether you like it or not.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dak.jpg

aikemirv

Reaction score
Wright is right and if Zeke does not show up Dak better sign on the dotted line before the season starts. Dak is in the best position possible right now. It is like taking a chance on the river in poker when you have a leading hand!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not average. And you don't get a say in the matter. Dak is getting paid whether you like it or not.

He is average or below by every metric. Pick one: QBR.....TD passes.......Passing yards.......... Dak is only a top 10 QB in your dreams.

None of us have a say in the matter.

Last edited:

Brax

Reaction score

who's team has been to the SB, who's team has been to the Championship game, say what ever you want , live in Dak fantasy land, but it doesn't alter the facts Dak's not a top 15 QB, When Jerry pays him hopefully the contract is all performance driven. Guy can't play for 3 quarters what happens when that luck wears off, oh I know the D sucks, Zeke sucks, WR suck, coach sucks, OC sucks, QB coach sucks, everyone is holding poor Dak back. We heard your tripe about super Dak, come to reality Dak is a good to average middle tier QB who hopefully keeps growing, but it's laughable to say he deserves to be the highest paid or even in top 10 QB salaries.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You keep posting that but its August 8th and still no Monet of Money for Dak?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Dak is going to get top 5 money....the question is how much

Blake

Reaction score
He is average or below by every metric. Pick one: QBR.....TD passes.......Passing yards.......... Dak is only a top 10 QB in your dreams.

None of us have a say in the matter.

Facts don't care about your bias

Blake

Reaction score
You keep posting that but its August 8th and still no Monet of Money for Dak?

It's already been confirmed that Dak has been offered top 5 money.
You should be worrying about finding another team, because Zeke may be bye bye!