Not buying Cowboys hype

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And you....have not experienced what other people here have gone through.

Get off your high horse.

Have some grace and compassion. It's what you fought for. You didn't come back to battle and bully.

Or maybe you did.

Hey, I'm not high. I've only been to Denver twice, most recently in May.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The difference is Dak Prescott.

And our defence, and tight ends. Just, I'm general, I think that we have a much different team than years past. I don't know where this season will end, but I'm proud of how this team has been playing overall. They've come a long way since the Jason Garrett days, and they're showing a resilience that I haven't seen from the Cowboys for a long time if ever.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Disagree, the Rams were in contention all year and the Rams had made a recent superbowl and had playoff success.
The Cowboys have not won a divisional game since the 1995 season…… I will even give them the more recent date January of 1996.
in "Contention," all year? WTH does that mean? Arent the Cowboys in "Contention," right now?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think the difference, if there is one, will be Mike McCarthy. We've had Dak Prescott and what we thought was a Super Bowl-caliber team and didn't make it to the NFC title game. McCarthy has not only made it to NFC title games, but he's won a Super Bowl. I think McCarthy understands what it takes to win. I don't know if he'll fare any better, though, because we still have the Joneses running this organization.

Not only that, but I like the winning culture that he's bringing in. He's not perfect, and no coach is. However, he's bringing a style of coaching and a resilience that I'd have to say that I've only ever seen with Parcells here.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We are one year and a good draft away.

I wholeheartedly agree. I don't know where we will go this year. But, if they can keep Pollard, get another RB, get a WR, and add a DT and a CB, I think that this team can be even more special. Remember, this was supposed to be a throwaway season, and we are having a fantastic season. Imagine what the team can do with another CB, another RB, and a NT. Another WR would be brilliant too.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe in the talent. I believe in Quinn.
I believe Moore can call a effective game.
There are 2 people who will
ultimately cost us a playoff win.
Dak will have a meltdown
Mike McCarthy won't have the team ready to play discipline, motivated football.
Excuses will ensue.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I believe in the talent. I believe in Quinn.
I believe Moore can call a effective game.
There are 2 people who will
ultimately cost us a playoff win.
Dak will have a meltdown
Mike McCarthy won't have the team ready to play discipline, motivated football.
Excuses will ensue.

My only real concern is penalties this season. We have a brilliant team. We just need to not commit penalties, and I think we will be able to reach out potential.

ESisback

Reaction score
And you....have not experienced what other people here have gone through.

Get off your high horse.

Have some grace and compassion. It's what you fought for. You didn't come back to battle and bully.

Or maybe you did.
I disagree with diehardblues frequently. He drives me nuts, but I still respect him.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This is different.

All of the elements are there, and then some.

We are feared around the league.

Nobody is better.

I'm telling you.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I know quitting when I see it. You quit once, you’ll quit again.

False You are one of the few people on the forum that cannot differentiate between fans being concerned and wanting to have a discussion about a problem area of the team and a fan that is just flat out disgusted and wants to quit following the team.

And hey if you want to set yourself up as the governing body of fandom on the forum knock yourself out.
Just don't expect everybody to agree and take you seriously because most are going to take it for what it is a joke.

ESisback

Reaction score
My only real concern is penalties this season. We have a brilliant team. We just need to not commit penalties, and I think we will be able to reach out potential.

Some people seem confused when I talk about penalties. They think Tinfoil hat. I think penalties are mostly our fault, and we need to do what we can to fix it, because you can’t win like that in the playoffs. But…the TIMING of these penalties are REALLY what’s killing us. I really don’t think it’s an actual direct conspiracy, but two things stand out to me. One, there IS a bias toward Dallas. People resent the hype. Two, because of that resentment/bias, they watch us more closely, and they call EVERYTHING!

Blackrain

Reaction score
Some people seem confused when I talk about penalties. They think Tinfoil hat. I think penalties are mostly our fault, and we need to do what we can to fix it, because you can’t win like that in the playoffs. But…the TIMING of these penalties are REALLY what’s killing us. I really don’t think it’s an actual direct conspiracy, but two things stand out to me. One, there IS a bias toward Dallas. People resent the hype. Two, because of that resentment/bias, they watch us more closely, and they call EVERYTHING!
I don't think it's so much a bias against the Cowboys as it is a marketing tool to keep games close and viewers tuned in.

It just so happens that we are on nationally televised games probably more than any other team .

I believe this is because we have a huge fan base that love to watch us win and another huge group of people that love to see us lose drawing so many fans from both sides I believe is why we are put on prime time so much.

Fans don't stay tuned in to run away games so because we are in the spotlight so much we get a lot of calls against us that are used to keep games close prime example is making our kicker kick 2 60 yard field goals when the play could have easily been reviewed during our time out.

Of course this was all right before the half and that extra field goal would make the score even more lopsided and lose viewers.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
How many times have Cowboys fans buy into the hype, only to end the season with a disappointing conclusion.

Being a Dallas fan since 1977, seeing the Cowboys, in the playoffs, were a year thing. Winning playoff games and even getting to Superbowls once and a while.

Like seasons past, it has be enjoyable, seeing the Cowboys winning more games than losing. But I am not going to buy into the FOOLS GOLD Jerry sells fans since 1995.
Jerry wins every season b/c Dallas is the richest franchise in all of sports. At very least, Top 5. On the field, can't even get to a NFC Conference game. Until this team can get to one conference finals, not falling for it.
Dak has a losing playoff record, as did Romo did. A fan of both, but neither could produce in the playoffs.
So hopefully, this is that season to get to a NFC Conference. Don't have to win the darn game, just get there. Until then...fools gold
Stay strong. After 27 seasons, anything can happen. And after 7 seasons, Dak might lead this team to his socond career playoffs win!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
How much does it cost to believe?
How much extra energy needs to be exerted in order... to believe?

As long as we mathematically have a chance I am going to believe. Just saying.
saupload_lloyd-300x300.jpg

Loso86

Reaction score
How many times have Cowboys fans buy into the hype, only to end the season with a disappointing conclusion.

Being a Dallas fan since 1977, seeing the Cowboys, in the playoffs, were a year thing. Winning playoff games and even getting to Superbowls once and a while.

Like seasons past, it has be enjoyable, seeing the Cowboys winning more games than losing. But I am not going to buy into the FOOLS GOLD Jerry sells fans since 1995.
Jerry wins every season b/c Dallas is the richest franchise in all of sports. At very least, Top 5. On the field, can't even get to a NFC Conference game. Until this team can get to one conference finals, not falling for it.
Dak has a losing playoff record, as did Romo did. A fan of both, but neither could produce in the playoffs.
So hopefully, this is that season to get to a NFC Conference. Don't have to win the darn game, just get there. Until then...fools gold
Good for you

ESisback

Reaction score
I don't think it's so much a bias against the Cowboys as it is a marketing tool to keep games close and viewers tuned in.

It just so happens that we are on nationally televised games probably more than any other team .

I believe this is because we have a huge fan base that love to watch us win and another huge group of people that love to see us lose drawing so many fans from both sides I believe is why we are put on prime time so much.

Fans don't stay tuned in to run away games so because we are in the spotlight so much we get a lot of calls against us that are used to keep games close prime example is making our kicker kick 2 60 yard field goals when the play could have easily been reviewed during our time out.

Of course this was all right before the half and that extra field goal would make the score even more lopsided and lose viewers.

Yep. It’s all about the viewers. The wins and losses between now and December 24th will keep us tight with Philly to ensure a blockbu$ter.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
OP, legend has it that it’s not easy to win a championship in the NFL. It’s not easy to win a game in the NFL for that matter. The NFL since the mid-90’s Has achieved a level of parity among teams. The difference between the best team in the NFL and the worst team in the NFL is not what it used to be. Most teams fall in the middle with very little talent difference between middle of the pack teams and the top tier teams. Making it more and more challenging to win championships, make the playoffs or even win a game. My prediction is, that this team will indeed make a Super Bowl run this year. There’s something a little different about this team than other promising teams of the past. One thing being their defense. And yes I still believe Defense wins championships. This defense will keep this team in virtually every game even when the offense is having a bad day. And they can do so against very good teams.

I don’t expect this team to win a championship, but I am hopeful and the pieces are there to make it happen.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Why make this thread? I mean, ya got me. Here I am, responding.
Thing is, what's the deal? Hey, remember the days of Dave Campo and
the impressively unimpressive back-to-back-to-back seasons at 5-11?

Dallas is 8-3. Third best record in the NFC.
They hung with the best team on MNF with a backup QB,
in his worst game, deep into the 4th quarter in Philthy.
They smoked the second team 40-3 in Minnesota.
4 days later they defeat the 4th best team at home.
Dak owns the Giants like Aaron Rodgers owns the Bears.

I've predicted a Philthy slide (as others have). Indy let us down.
I had them losing 3 straight and still feel like that may happen.

Since I've rambled on a bit. I'll predict a Dallas vs. SF NFC Championship.