**Official** 53 Man Roster Projection **merged**

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Why Bishop over Gardner? Gardner was the guy that was predicted to be great but got hurt his senior year. They drafted him despite the injury and red shirted him last year. I don't see them giving up on him. Bishop is a one technique DT and although he could play a role, it would be limited. Gardner can play either DT or DE and is a much better pass rusher.

Just wondering why you believe we would take Bishop over Gardner.

We have a lot of guys that can do what Gardner can. Gardner is going to play some DE and 3 tech and realistically, we have quite a bit of depth at DE with GHardy, DLawrence, RGregory, JMincey and RRussell. And we look good at 3 tech as well with TCrawford, TMcClain, JCrawford, JMincey and RRussell. Cutting Bishop would leave us really thin at the 1 tech.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As of right now he isn't pushing Wilber who was slated behind Hitchens at Sam I can't see us keeping 3 players deep at the least important LB position in Marinelli's D.

I thought Gatchkar had a shot at SAM but it just hasn't happened

Im not a Wilber detractor, but he is a known quantity at SAM, and its know he isnt long term starting material. If he is ahead of you to start, thats not a good endorsement

blindzebra

Reaction score
We have a lot of guys that can do what Gardner can. Gardner is going to play some DE and 3 tech and realistically, we have quite a bit of depth at DE with GHardy, DLawrence, RGregory, JMincey and RRussell. And we look good at 3 tech as well with TCrawford, TMcClain, JCrawford, JMincey and RRussell. Cutting Bishop would leave us really thin at the 1 tech.

The 1 tech is going to get maybe 20-25 snaps a game we have Hayden, McClain, and J. Crawford that is plenty.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
randle is not going to lead the nfl inrushing no way not going to happen will be lucky to have 800 yds

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The 1 tech is going to get maybe 20-25 snaps a game we have Hayden, McClain, and J. Crawford that is plenty.

I know Crawford was listed at the 1 in the unofficial depth chart, but I don't know if he's been practicing much there.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
If Lee stays healthy all year, #3 should be a lock. I can see all of these except #1. I just dont know enough about him to comment either way. If he does and helps I'm all for it. If he doesn't I wont cry over it. I just hope we can shore up the back up QB situation and soon. #5 would be awesome and I'm pulling for that to happen. I would be happy if Kraken and Gregory each get 10+ also. Either way it plays out, it spells success. #4 would please me immensely. When we jumped up to draft him I thought we had a sure fire starter and potential star at CB for a decade. I hope he can put it together and salvage his career. I've been sorely disappointed in Mo since we drafted him/

erod

Reaction score
If we punt, you might want to put Gachkar and McCray on for the full season.

Russell gets cut and put on the practice squad. There'll be no 3rd QB.

McFadden makes the team because he's a supreme pass protector and receiver out of the backfield. That is, unless they bring another back that can pass protect. Johnson would get Romo killed.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think Gardner is showing some position flex as well. I think he's getting snaps at both End and Tackle. Gardner might be a hard guy to cut. With the Injury to Whaley, depending on the severity of it, Bishop may make the team regardless.

XxTDxX

Reaction score
This will be my last attempt to predict this years 53 Man Roster for the 2015 Cowboys.

Keep in mind this is for Week 1

Offense(25)

QB(2) - Tony Romo, Brandon Weeden
Position Summary - Vaughan gets cut...Isn't a promising talent...Waste of a roster spot.

RB(3) - Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden, Lance Dunbar
Position Summary - Cowboys stick with what they have at RB...Gus Johnson and Seastrunk don't make the cut

FB(1) - Tyler Clutts
Position Summary - Coaches love him and he is a core ST player

WR(6) - Dez Bryant, Terrance Williams, Cole Beasley, Devin Street, Lucky Whitehead, Deontay Greenberry
Position Summary - First 4 are pretty obvious.. Whitehead makes the team as the primary PR man.. Greenberry is my "Pet Cat" So I am holding out hope for him.

TE(4) - Jason Witten, James Hanna, Gavin Escobar, Jeff Swaim
Position Summary - Swaim makes the team

OC(2) - Travis Frederick, Mackenzy Bernadeau
Position Summary - I have Mack B listed as a C here because I believe that is his true value...His versatility helps them go short on the OL

OG(3) - Zack Martin, Ronald Leary, La'El Collins
Position Summary - Cowboys go short here
OT(4) - Tyron Smith, Doug Free, Darrion Weems, John Wetzel
Position Summary - Weems is the swing tackle and Wetzel makes the 53 just in case of two injuries at OT

Defense(25)

DT(5) - Tyrone Crawford, Nick Hayden, Davon Coleman, Jack Crawford, Terrell McClain
Position Summary - With Whaley tearing his achilles this position is easier to figure out...Only guy I was torn about was Bishop but I think 6 would bee too many DT

DE(4) - DeMarcus Lawrence, Jeremy Mincey, Randy Gregory, Ben Gardner
Position Summary - Ryan Russell is the surprise cut here...Hasn't done enough yet and I think Gardner is the better player at this point

LB(6) - Sean Lee, Anthony Hitchens, Kyle Wilber, Damien Wilson, Jasper Brinkley, Andrew Gachkar
Position Summary - Another pretty easy position to figure out. They can get away with only 6 LBs for the first 4 weeks and then McClain will join on

CB(6) - Orlando Scandrick, Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne, Byron Jones, Corey White, Tyler Patmon
Position Summary - First 4 guys are no brainers but I think White's versatility gets him a spot and Patmon has had a great camp

S(4) - Barry Church, JJ Wilcox, Jeff Heath, Danny McCray
Position Summary - This one was tough because I really would rather use a spot on a young guy rather than Danny McCray but I think the coaches love him too much to cut him.

Special Teams(3)
K(1) - Dan Bailey

P(1) - Chris Jones

LS(1) - LP Ladouceur

Chaz Green - 8 Week IR
Greg Hardy - Suspended 4 Games
Rolando McClain - Suspended 4 Games

Practice Squad(10)
Jameill Showers QB
Lache Seastrunk RB
Ray Agnew FB
Reggie Dunn WR
George Farmer WR
Shane McDermott OC
Efe Obada DE
Robert Steeples CB
Ryan Russel DE
Kenneth Boatright DE

mullet

Reaction score
Last few roster spots are tough this year.
Hard to part ways with Bishop and Ryan Russell.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This will be my last attempt to predict this years 53 Man Roster for the 2015 Cowboys.

Keep in mind this is for Week 1

Offense(25)

QB(2) - Tony Romo, Brandon Weeden
Position Summary - Vaughan gets cut...Isn't a promising talent...Waste of a roster spot.

RB(3) - Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden, Lance Dunbar
Position Summary - Cowboys stick with what they have at RB...Gus Johnson and Seastrunk don't make the cut

FB(1) - Tyler Clutts
Position Summary - Coaches love him and he is a core ST player

WR(6) - Dez Bryant, Terrance Williams, Cole Beasley, Devin Street, Lucky Whitehead, Deontay Greenberry
Position Summary - First 4 are pretty obvious.. Whitehead makes the team as the primary PR man.. Greenberry is my "Pet Cat" So I am holding out hope for him.

TE(4) - Jason Witten, James Hanna, Gavin Escobar, Jeff Swaim
Position Summary - Swaim makes the team

OC(2) - Travis Frederick, Mackenzy Bernadeau
Position Summary - I have Mack B listed as a C here because I believe that is his true value...His versatility helps them go short on the OL

OG(3) - Zack Martin, Ronald Leary, La'El Collins
Position Summary - Cowboys go short here
OT(4) - Tyron Smith, Doug Free, Darrion Weems, John Wetzel
Position Summary - Weems is the swing tackle and Wetzel makes the 53 just in case of two injuries at OT

Defense(25)

DT(5) - Tyrone Crawford, Nick Hayden, Davon Coleman, Jack Crawford, Terrell McClain
Position Summary - With Whaley tearing his achilles this position is easier to figure out...Only guy I was torn about was Bishop but I think 6 would bee too many DT

DE(4) - DeMarcus Lawrence, Jeremy Mincey, Randy Gregory, Ben Gardner
Position Summary - Ryan Russell is the surprise cut here...Hasn't done enough yet and I think Gardner is the better player at this point

LB(6) - Sean Lee, Anthony Hitchens, Kyle Wilber, Damien Wilson, Jasper Brinkley, Andrew Gachkar
Position Summary - Another pretty easy position to figure out. They can get away with only 6 LBs for the first 4 weeks and then McClain will join on

CB(6) - Orlando Scandrick, Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne, Byron Jones, Corey White, Tyler Patmon
Position Summary - First 4 guys are no brainers but I think White's versatility gets him a spot and Patmon has had a great camp

S(4) - Barry Church, JJ Wilcox, Jeff Heath, Danny McCray
Position Summary - This one was tough because I really would rather use a spot on a young guy rather than Danny McCray but I think the coaches love him too much to cut him.

Special Teams(3)
K(1) - Dan Bailey

P(1) - Chris Jones

LS(1) - LP Ladouceur

Chaz Green - 8 Week IR
Greg Hardy - Suspended 4 Games
Rolando McClain - Suspended 4 Games

Practice Squad(10)
Jameill Showers QB
Lache Seastrunk RB
Ray Agnew FB
Reggie Dunn WR
George Farmer WR
Shane McDermott OC
Efe Obada DE
Robert Steeples CB
Ryan Russel DE
Kenneth Boatright DE

They can retain Greenberry and Wetzel on the practice squad.

Russell looks better than Gardner in the video thst I've seen.

The big CBs like Jones and White can play ST which could allow then to cut McCray. Whitehead has been getting snaps on coverage teams also.

Bishop is the only true backup 1tech. I see 10 DL on the 53 for game 1. Bishop was promoted to the 53 late last season over Coleman.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
If it is even close between Showers and Vaughn, I think Showers gets the nod. With the "emergency qb" no longer being available a special teamer who can step in to finish a game at QB is a bonus roster spot. Showers has been practicing with special teams.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If it is even close between Showers and Vaughn, I think Showers gets the nod. With the "emergency qb" no longer being available a special teamer who can step in to finish a game at QB is a bonus roster spot. Showers has been practicing with special teams.

Hey, Mr. Brown...how have things been?

Are you ready for some good Cowboy football this season?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Good list. A few little things I might see differently, but good list for the most part.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Just curious. Nobody has answered my question yet. What has Gardner done to get all this praise? A 7th round pick who missed all of last year who I haven't heard anything about this year. What am I missing?