**Official** 53 Man Roster Projection **merged**

blindzebra

Reaction score
Just curious. Nobody has answered my question yet. What has Gardner done to get all this praise? A 7th round pick who missed all of last year who I haven't heard anything about this year. What am I missing?

Going into his last season he had great NFL measurables and was looked at as a better player than his teammate Trent Murphy who went in the second round. Gardner dropped because he had an injury. He and Russell have both been getting good reviews and bouncing between both DE spots and the 3 Tech.

blindzebra

Reaction score
As a follow up to the last post. The position flex of guys like J. Crawford, Gardner and Russell leaves me pretty confident that if we go 10 deep on the DL we are much more likely to keep 6 DEs than 5 DTs.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
From what I've observed at training camp it looks like Russell has moved to 3 tech. I haven't seen him take a snap at DE the last 3 practices. He looks much better inside(he looked lost @DE) . I'm starting to think bishop and Coleman both get cut. Looks like they're keeping J Crawford and Russell inside.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Nickel Defense was what we played a ton of in 2014...

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
What up with the savior Jasper Brinkley who was gonna make Def Ro expendable....and all those other bamma backers they brought in?!?
RRnhhqW.gif

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
What up with the savior Jasper Brinkley who was gonna make Def Ro expendable....and all those other bamma backers they brought in?!?

Brinkley is veteran insurance, a stop gap.. Those other cats are not supplanting Hitch in the middle..

Ro Mc can come in and clean up the end of the season later on...

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Ben Gardener is light years ahead of Russell . Russel has looked like the 2nd worst DL. If they keep Russell it's simply because they invested more. The guy can't play (right now).

How are you making this assumption? Russell has played well in practice. Being a late round pick I don't expect all pro his first season but to say he is 2nd worst is not what I have seen

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
How are you making this assumption? Russell has played well in practice. Being a late round pick I don't expect all pro his first season but to say he is 2nd worst is not what I have seen

He's improved a lot over the last week or so. I think he's clearly passed Gardener. As of right now I think Gardener and Edwards get cut. First week he was pretty bad but light has switched on.

Lawrence
Mincey
Crawford
Hayden
Gregory
Crawford
Russell
Coleman
Mcclain
Bishop

That's who I expect to make the 53 right now (Hardy doesn't count)

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He's improved a lot over the last week or so. I think he's clearly passed Gardener. As of right now I think Gardener and Edwards get cut. First week he was pretty bad but light has switched on.

Lawrence
Mincey
Crawford
Hayden
Gregory
Crawford
Russell
Coleman
Mcclain
Bishop

Edwards isn't getting cut, him and Gregory was wrecking havoc against San Diego

blindzebra

Reaction score

Lawrence
Mincey
Crawford
Hayden
Gregory
Crawford
Russell
Coleman
Mcclain
Bishop

You have 6 DTs, no way.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Think we keep 10 DL with 8 active on gameday. Right now my picks would be:

Lawrence
Mincey
Gregory
T. Craw
J. Craw
Hayden
Coleman
Bishop
Gardner
Edwards

Hardy will replace either Gardner or Edwards. McClain can't stay healthy. Would love to dump Hayden but Rod loves him. Not seeing anything great out of Russell, think the team tries to stash him on the PS with Obada

conner01

Reaction score
I guess it's a good thing but the dline is going to be very tough to cut down
Once you get past the licks there are several guys real close to each other
Most of this roster is pretty much set but dline is going to be very interesting

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From what I've observed at training camp it looks like Russell has moved to 3 tech. I haven't seen him take a snap at DE the last 3 practices. He looks much better inside(he looked lost @DE) . I'm starting to think bishop and Coleman both get cut. Looks like they're keeping J Crawford and Russell inside.

He played both 3tech and SDE in the preseason game.