***Official Cuts Thread***

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Not surprised by Green. He was disappointing for sure.

Yep, he was a 4th round pick. How about that 1st rounder the Skins spent on Shuler? Or Ramsay? Or...

We can play this game all day. Sometimes you hit, sometimes you miss, that's just how it goes. The key is to hit more than you miss.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
I'm not at all surprised to Green gone, it's just too bad we wasted a fourth rounder on him, but when you also look at Rogers and Peterman, what can you say.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
I just wonder who will return punts for us this year. Hopefully they give Rector a shot, and I wonder if they would really give the full time job over to Newman.

When we drafted Newman, it is all we heard about, maybe we will actually do something that we talk about while drafting, instead of transparent hype.

sacase

Reaction score
BlueStar II said:
I'm not at all surprised to Green gone, it's just too bad we wasted a fourth rounder on him, but when you also look at Rogers and Peterman, what can you say.

I look at it like this, he will either be playing for someone, or he will be on our practice squad. No big deal really. He might just need an extra year in the NFL to develope and get his mind right.

dallasfan

Reaction score
Wow Orien Harris and Babatunde Oshinowo, I wanted both of these guys back in april. Hatcher will turn out better than Harris, so I'm glad we took him, but maybe we could pick up Oshinowo (no way cleveland doesn't put him on the PS)

JPM

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze said:
I just wonder who will return punts for us this year. Hopefully they give Rector a shot, and I wonder if they would really give the full time job over to Newman.

When we drafted Newman, it is all we heard about, maybe we will actually do something that we talk about while drafting, instead of transparent hype.

No way I let Newman return punts full time, he was great at in college, but he is way too valuable to us as a corner.

true_north

Reaction score
Avery said:
Not surprised by Green. He was disappointing for sure.

Yep, he was a 4th round pick. How about that 1st rounder the Skins spent on Shuler? Or Ramsay? Or...

We can play this game all day. Sometimes you hit, sometimes you miss, that's just how it goes. The key is to hit more than you miss.

:hammer:

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
zrinkill said:
You have to be joking ...... not even a Commander fan can be that blind
Of course he doesn't see the other side of the coin. 4th rounder cut, because two undrafted players (Hurd -this year) and (Rector - last year) outplayed him. Had those two guys not outplayed him, Skyler would have a better chance of making the team. Hurd came out of no where and Rector followed up an outstanding offseason with a great camp.

Why trade picks when you can grow them with the draft or street free agents?

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Vikings released T Chris Liwienksi and G Adam Goldberg.

Both are former starters with plenty of experience. The Mike Tice-era holdovers should receive some interest on the open market.

Ken

Reaction score
MossBurner said:
An example of why the Skins' method of trading 3rd and 4th rounders for proven players is not such a bad idea.
Some talent taken in 3rd and 4th round between 2003-2005.

3rd
Jason Witten Cowboys TE
Nate Burleson Vikings WR
Kevin Curtis Rams WR
Derrick Dockery Commanders G
Ricky Manning Panthers DB
Chris Simms Buccaneers QB
Darnell Dockett Cardinals DE
Nate Kaeding Chargers K
Chris Cooley Commanders TE
Matt Schaub Falcons QB
Tony Hargrove Rams DE
Frank Gore 49ers RB
Charlie Frye Browns QB
Channing Crowder Dolphins LB
Alex Smith Buccaneers TE
Kirk Morrison Raiders LB

4th
Domanick Davis Texans RB
Bradie James Cowboys LB
George Wrighster Jaguars TE
Terrence McGee Bills DB
Justin Griffith Falcons RB
Brandon Lloyd 49ers WR
Nathan Vasher Bears DB
Will Allen Buccaneers DB
Jared Allen Chiefs DE
Marion Barber Cowboys RB
Brandon Jacobs Giants RB
Elton Brown Cardinals G
Jerome Mathis Texans WR
Chris Canty Cowboys DE

true_north

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze said:

1. Rector
2. Crayton
3. Newman (Special situations)

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
No surprise about Green. He wasn't any good as a receiver and he showed nothing as a Punt returner.

Now Rector...man that kid can play.

cowboy4eva

Reaction score
POSTED 2:02 p.m. EDT; September 2, 2006 by Len Lasagna

Dallas has released WRs Skyler Green (4th round pick in 2006 draft) and Terrance Copper.
:(
So long "Cooper"...

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
true_north said:
1. Rector
2. Crayton
3. Newman (Special situations)

Well, I don't want to see Crayton out there at all, I prefer punt returns to have alot of agility, Crayton just doesn't have it. I would like to see Rector try it though, and I don't think we should be shy with Newman, especially if it is a short field return.