***Official Cuts Thread***

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
To be fair, I think Mossburner has said much dumber things on this forum
I'd ask for proof, but that would be cruel.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
So we're not keeping 6 WRs and according to Jerry we're going with 2 QBs. Looks like it's 10 OL, thank God.

mwj473

Reaction score
theogt said:
So we're not keeping 6 WRs and according to Jerry we're going with 2 QBs. Looks like it's 10 OL, thank God.

or possibly 3 nt's, either way probably won't hurt.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Denver:

RB-Dayne
WR-Watts

Updated: Sep. 2, 2006, 2:43 PM ET
Dayne, Watts get their walking papersAssociated Press
National Football League News Wire

DENVER -- The Denver Broncos' cuts ranged from the expected -- running back Ron Dayne -- to the unexpected -- wide receiver Darius Watts.

Both players left team headquarters Saturday saying they'd been told they wouldn't make the 53-man roster.

"I kind of understand. Once I got hurt, the other guys stepped up," said Dayne, who began training camp as the starting tailback but quickly was surpassed by undrafted rookie Mike Bell and then suffered turf toe in the preseason opener and didn't play again.

Dayne missed 12 days of practices and the final three exhibition games, sealing his fate. In his absence, Bell, Cedric Cobbs and Tatum Bell all performed well.

Dayne, who won the Heisman Trophy at Wisconsin in 1999, when he finished his career as the NCAA's all-time leading rusher, finished with just 12 yards on five carries in the preseason.

He had leapfrogged Tatum Bell over the winter when Mike Anderson was waived in a salary cap move.

Watts' departure was more of a surprise. The Broncos had praised him all offseason for his improved play and he was in position to serve as the third or fourth wide receiver following Ashley Lelie's trade to Atlanta.

"I didn't see it coming," Watts said. "Tell me if anybody did."

Watts, a second-round pick out of Marshall in 2004 whose career was marked more by his big drops than his sensational skills, said his stock might have fallen because he didn't do anything on special teams this summer.

"All I can think of now is rolling on," he said.

On Friday, the Broncos informed offensive lineman Dwayne Carswell that he hadn't made the team. The 12-year veteran and one-time Pro Bowl tight end was trying to return from a life-threatening auto accident that cut short his 2005 season.

All NFL teams must trim their rosters to 53 by Saturday afternoon. Broncos punter Todd Sauerbrun will begin serving his monthlong suspension for using ephedra, a dietary supplement banned by the league, in offseason workouts.

Adjust Font Size:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hostile said:

You want proof? You're the Admin...do a forum search on "Mossbummer" and all his post will appear...choose any one of them...."proof" !!

;) :star:

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'm surprised Watts got cut. He'll get picked up by someone I believe.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
I feel bad for Copper too. I bet he'll be back with the Cowboys before the end of the season.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Watts is interesting, although the comment about him not doing anything on special teams, makes him doubtful.

Keep in mind also that carrying 5 WRs doesn't automatically mean we will carry 10 OL, we could leave room to pick up someone from another squad. I believe that we will pick up a player from somewhere else.

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Bengals released WR Reggie McNeal, C Ben Wilkerson, TE Ronnie Ghent, WRs Glenn Holt, and P.K. Sam, OLs Nate Livings, Kyle Takavitz, and Pete Lougheed, TEs Darnell Sanders and David Jones, RBs DeDe Dorsey, Naufahu Tahi and Chris Manderino, DL Eric Henderson, and S John Busing.

McNeal was trying to convert from quarterback and could end up on a practice squad. The rest of these cuts came as no surprise.

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Broncos released WR Darius Watts.

This is a surprise. Watts was reportedly the favorite to be the team's third receiver as recently as two weeks ago. Maybe they were trying to pump up his draft stock. The former second-round pick has enough speed to catch on elsewhere.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Hostile said:

I like cruel

link That whole exchange was aces, right up to the point Mossburner ran from the thread.

link trying to argue that no contest does not mean guilty was pretty dumb since the language in the CBA was clear and posted

Not to mention all the denial of Commanders suckage in the scrimmage right up thru 4 preseason games

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Interesting, Watts, McNeal, Jacobs, Rogers and such. There is someone out there who I think we can add that can help this team.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Ravens | LaCasse released from team
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 12:14:04 -0700

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens DL Ryan LaCasse has been released from the team.

Ravens | Olson released from team
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 12:09:27 -0700

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens QB Drew Olson has been released from the team.

lshaver22

Reaction score
MossBurner said:
An example of why the Skins' method of trading 3rd and 4th rounders for proven players is not such a bad idea.

Marion Barber and Chris Canty are other examples of 4th round picks.

fortdick

Reaction score
MossBurner said:
An example of why the Skins' method of trading 3rd and 4th rounders for proven players is not such a bad idea.

The Skins trade their draft picks because they have wasted money on free agents and have themselves in cap hell! They can't afford to sign any draft picks!

Skins fans alway preaching about how good they are when things are falling apart amazes me. Kinda like Rock Hudson saying he thought he looked better when he was emaciated and dying from aids.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Gooch said:
Didn't Parcells want Artose Pinner before the Lions took him?

Yep. I saw he got cut and thought of that. I think our RB situation is set right now, but he did like Pinner coming out of college.

Bryan8284

Reaction score
Man, I remember at the draft with Pinner my friends and I were yelling for Artose Pinner at each pick.

Turns out he was there. lol

Bryan8284

Reaction score
By every pick, I mean every pick for every team. Just to hear his name get called.