Official Dak Sucks Thread - Mega Merge

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
We beat a bunch of losing teams, so if that is the Cowboys goal then we are there. If SB or at least contender then we need to either look what we have in Rush, Lance, or draft at this point. Dak is not an awful qb, he has a roster spot in any team, but he requires way too much help to be a SB/contender QB, and its hard to get that help when he wants to get paid as a top contender. Something has to give. At this point play Rush or Lance and start working on draft position unless one of them balls out. Sometimes you need this to happen to give someone else a chance and a star comes out of it.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
how bout…..Ive gotta do better. Any wagers????
mr Star----how many time have we hear that....he has good words and i dont think its his fault he cannot raise level of players around him?.....i mean mr irrelevant

Purdy...seems to raise the level of players around him and in comparison he has so much less experience...but before i go all the way that far...Shannahan

is one of the best to put his QB's in successful situations...not perfect....they have had bad games but not with Purdy or at least until he got hurt against Sheagles

last year?.....Purdy playing as well as any QB or least top 5?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Another poor game by Dak both mentally and from an accuracy perspective in a big spot. You can get away with one but not both.
we must realize Dak is not a natural thrower of the ball...he needs time to set up and throw....his second year 2017 he had the poorest foot work...he seemed

incapable of planting back foot stepping forward moving weight to front foot and torquing hips giving foundation and power for upper body to follow through

its exactly why he does better on the run because of forward motion you already have power to only use upper body on throws...rememeber the one time Zeke

as a joke after scoring touchdown did Daks warm up of torquing hips.....he had to learn and by repetition so naturally when things break down its not in his muscle

memory...he still has to think through it....just watch the time he takes to set up for his delivery on 5 or 7 step drop back?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So you ready to pay him $50M+ a year???

:facepalm:
oh please...i cant stay plat guarantee but its so tempting....aint no way his agent and or him is going to make a play for a raise....if he really wants to think better-

ment of team he would take pay cut to help get players around him to help him.....we all have seen games Dak played extremely well....but the players help

raise his play not the other way around?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What’s Wentz up to these days? Can’t be any worse……
mr Tabasco---remember 2017 Wentz and Dak's 2nd year...before Wents got hurt and back up won superbowl for them Wentz had 33 TD's and only 7 INT's

like at the what 12 game mark?....he was on the move for MVP had he not been hurt....but he has not done so well...its hard if you do not have good players

around you to consistently play well as QB in NFL....not easy gig....then of course Wentz no doubt has lost so much confidence?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yea, good mix of whatever the hell this Texas coast offense is and Dak's reads created some craptastic mix.

Regardless, I see no reason 5 games in to extend him. Just rip the bandaid off.
Oh man Otis is ticked bad now

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
3 straight poor performances against the 49ers. I think its safe to say his cowardice against this team and has spread to the rest of the squad. It doesn’t matter what they do next week or the week after, this team will rightfully be judged by how they stand against the NFC Elite and SF proved we are not in the same stratosphere.
The Natural----do you think there is any adjustments of schemes ( really hurt that wolfhunter out IR?...means Parsons plays linebacker..which might not be worse thing....cause you know he will rush from time to time and maybe DC can do something...but its Big Mike revamping offense to Texas coast....maybe we can
wrestle Beli-Cheat away from Pats seeing how they may want a change?....they have been pummeled so bad last 2 games...like 68 or more to 3....or do you think Kraft too old set in his ways to change?

plymkr

Reaction score
Jerry wasn't too confident Dak would deliver, in Jerry's mind he made a QB change already. Trey Lance is the change ,now he's got to figure out when to pull Dak .
I was saying this after the trade and after the Arizona game. If Jerry was completely confident in Dak then why make the trade. We have an entrenched backup in Rush so why trade a 4th for a 3rd stringer. Well that 3rd stringer has the physical ability to unseat Dak. Hopefully this organization can get the most out of Trey. But in my mind that was a serious sign of not believing in Dak. And the way Jerry went about it was telling. He didn’t speak to Dak or McCarthy (from what I understand) so that doesn’t bode well for either of them.

Sunday Dak played for his extension and 3 picks later and a 42-10 defeat may have ushered in the Trey Lance era sooner than expected. Definitely ended the Dak era and maybe the McCarthy era.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
hopefully that is why JJ went and got Lance! dak is obviously not the answer.
maybe with good QB training and some experience...Purdy got very little before playing close to elite?....i mean SF not dumb and to give 3 1sts just to get Lance

Shannahan already said he regrets how he failed Lance's grooming????

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was saying this after the trade and after the Arizona game. If Jerry was completely confident in Dak then why make the trade. We have an entrenched backup in Rush so why trade a 4th for a 3rd stringer. Well that 3rd stringer has the physical ability to unseat Dak. Hopefully this organization can get the most out of Trey. But in my mind that was a serious sign of not believing in Dak. And the way Jerry went about it was telling. He didn’t speak to Dak or McCarthy (from what I understand) so that doesn’t bode well for either of them.

Sunday Dak played for his extension and 3 picks later and a 42-10 defeat may have ushered in the Trey Lance era sooner than expected. Definitely ended the Dak era and maybe the McCarthy era.
McCarthey---had no problem lying to front office he spent all off season that one year studying tape and other things and then decides to admit to his lie

how is that top notch professional thinking?